Chapter 3: Calamity
109 7 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Heads up warning!

This is a pretty heavy chapter, read at your own risk!

Arriving near the village, the loud sound of drunken ravings and merry making coming from within echoed in the distance. With Loic silently following behind, cold sweat and a chill ran down Torval's spine as he slowly got down from Koba and opened the village gates.

What met their eyes were the burnt remains of some of the houses, while a good number of people danced and drank at center of the village, none of which were residents the village.

Despair took over Torval's whole body as his mind was engulfed by an intense anger. He drew out his sword and with a fiery rage called out the intruders.

"You damned bastards!" He bellowed.

"Where are the others?!"

The people looked on to their directions and started laughing hysterically.

"GUAHAHAHAA!"

"Hey, he's looking for the villagers Gahahahah!"

"What fucking idiots Gahahahah!"

They all jeered.

Amidst the sea of people, a fairly large man with long brown hair tied to a ponytail came forward. He had a bulky body decorated with numerous scars and tattoos, while he carried a huge bastard sword on his shoulder.

With little effort the man lifted his giant sword and pointed it in the direction of Torval and Loic.

"We killed the men and the frail ones, roughed up the others." He said as he dug his sword to the ground and showed a malicious grin. "And we made love to the women. GUAHAHAHAHA!"

"GUAHAHAHAHA!" The men cheered.

Unable to hold it in anymore, Torval called for his familiar and charged forward with great abandon.

"You fucking bastards!! I'll kill you!! I'll fucking kill youuu!!!!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

The man merely grinned as he summoned his own familiar and readied his sword.

"Come forth, Pendra!"

Just as Torval reached him, the ground beneath them suddenly broke as a giant centipede with hundreds of sword like legs emerged, knocking Torval on his back and wrapping around Koba with relative ease.

*Sksksksksksks* The familiar hissed as it slowly tightened it's grip on the bear, cutting it's flesh in the process.

*G-graaaaa!* Koba roared in pain.

Picking himself up and his sword, Torval charged once again, this time at the giant centipede, and started slashing at it's body and legs.

"You bastard!! Let Koba go!"

Unfortunately, the beast's chitin proved too much for him to handle as is evident with his sword bouncing against it and barely leaving any scratch.

With a light flick of it's tail that housed two razor sharp pincers, Torval's body was almost bisected into two.

"GAH!" He winced as he got blown away, leaving some of his entrails on the ground.

He slowly propped himself on a fallen section of a wall near him and clasped his slashed belly, preventing his other organs from spilling.

*Blurggh*

Blood that welled up in his throat spewed from his mouth as his eyesight started to blur.

The man with the bastard sword twirled it around as he walked towards the eviscerated Torval with a shit-eating grin on his face.

"Who was your wife anyway? Maybe I can show her to you before you die, if she's not dead yet from all the fucking we did  Guahahahahah!!"

"GUAHAHAHAHAHAH!" The men all laughed heartily together.

The man then crouched down and cupped Torval's cheeks with his hands, looking at him straight in the eyes. Whether or not Torval himself could still see the man was not certain, but it was clear that he was near death's door.

"You were a fool to trust that merchant, he's been with us for a long time now, we procure him slaves to sell and he pays us money I---"

"Lise."

Before the man could finish his sentence, Loic who had been silent all this time suddenly spoke out and cut him off.

"Ha? What did you say?" The man asked as he put his sword over his shoulder and faced Loic. "Did you say something?"

Looking down on the ground, Loic slowly inched forward, seemingly dragging his feet on the ground.

"Where's Lise?" He asked.

Not sensing any danger from Loic, the men behind silently snickered as they watched the spectacle unfolding before their eyes.

The man with the sword somehow felt something strange as evident with his subtly readied his sword and signalled his familiar.

"Would you mind telling me who that is?" He asked.

"The girl who lives at the house near the top of the hill, where is she?"

Loic's response was cold and distant.

Seemingly remembering something, the man's mouth suddenly twisted into a wide grin, showing his crooked and horribly yellow teeth.

"Ahh, that blonde haired lass." He remarked as licked his lips and rubbed his crotch.

"I remember her, ooh she was a beauty, exactly my type." He continued. "I tried to be gentle with her, but she's a feisty one, so I had to be a little rough on her. Ahh but she moaned and squealed in delight like a bitch in heat after I started plowing her hard. She squeezed me reaal good I'll tell you that. GUAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

"GUAHAHAHAHAHAH!" The men followed through laughing.

Still looking down, Loic moved even closer.

"Where is she?" He asked with a silent voice.

The man cupped his chin and tilted his head to side, seemingly thinking.

"After I was done with her I gave her to the boys, gauahahaha! Oy! Which one of you fuckers fucked that blonde girl last?" He yelled as he turned to his men.

The men jeered as they laughed heartily while drinking their beers before one man raised his hand.

"I did, boss!" He exclaimed.

"Well, where is she? I think this man wants to see her. Gauajahahah!"

"Well, she was barely moving, boss. So I left her near the well. She was still breathing though, but I barely felt anything anymore."

"GUAHAHAHAHAHAH" The men laughed once again while Loic stood there silently.

Still clasping his belly, Torval started to slowly inch his way towards Loic, leaving a trail of crimson on the ground as he did so.

With his dying breath, Torval mustered the last of his strength and grasped at Loic's boots while sobbing softly.

"I'm.. so.. sorry, Keith.. I *cough* didn't intend for this.. to happen.."

"Forgive me.." He whispered as his consciousness faded away.

With it's master dead, Koba slowly started to disintegrate into particles back to the spirit world to await a new summoner, leaving the centipede to spread it's enormous body to the ground.

The familiar then started to crawl towards it's master and coil around him.

"Well that was dramatic." The man snickered as he looked back to his men. "Would you like a towel to wipe your tears? GUAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"GUAHAHAHAHAH!" The men laughed again.

After having their fill of laughter, the man who seemed to be the ring leader then faced Loic once more. He caressed his familiar on it's hard chitin covered head as he grinned.

"Hey you, you're friend just died and yet you're not gonna shed one tear? What kinda friend are you? Gauahahaha!" He exclaimed.

"You still haven't answered my question." Loic replied.

"Huh? You're being awfully pretentious, punk. Kill him, Pendra."

In response to it's master's command the giant centipede started to scurry forward with astonishing speed, it's razor sharp pincers filled with venom aiming at Loic's body.

To everyone's shock and disbelief however, before Pendra could reach Loic, two jet black scythes appeared from seemingly out of nowhere and bisected the familiar into multiple pieces.

"!!!"

The beast fell to the ground and slowly started to disintegrate, just like Koba.

"Wha--- Impossible!" The man bellowed.

"How did that happen? What'd you d---"

Before he could finish his sentence though, he found his vision spinning around. Confused as to what just happened, he tried to look around and to his horror, found his own headless body strutting about with blood spurting from the place where his head once stood.

"Eeeeeek!"

The men cried in fear as they saw their leader and sole contract holder of the group get decapitated by the fast moving scythes that seemed to be connected to Loic's shadow.

The men tried to draw their swords and attack Loic, but then all of a sudden, he looked forward and faced them. They all cowered in fear as they caught sight of Loic's eyes.

A deep beating crimson, his eyes that seemed devoid of all life, looked straight into their own, as if peeking down on their souls. A large, murderous intent freezing them in their place.

"I'm gonna ask you again, where is Lise?" He asked in a low and ominous voice, enough to render several of the men unconscious.

The group then singled out the man who had raised his hands a couple of minutes back and had him escort Loic to where Lise is.

The shivering man led Loic to the well near the central square where he saw Lise lying naked on the ground.

Barely breathing, Lise's face was swelled up with bruises and was almost unrecognisable. Her lips cut and her eyes blackened, her once porcelain like skin was covered with numerous bruises and white sticky liquid while her bare breasts were filled with bite marks. Her crotch was bleeding from both sides, while her legs had rope marks all over them.

Loic kneeled down Infront of her and held her head up.

Barely able to open her eyes, Lise looked up and softly sobbed as she saw her husband's face.

"L-Loic.." She struggled to speak. "I --ove you... Loic.."

Lise tried to lift her arms up to touch Loic's face, but she was too weak and to broken. Her bruised arms fell back down on the ground as her tears dribbled down to her cheeks.

"Lo--ic.. Loic.." She called out as she slowly closed her eyes and lost her consciousness. Having seen her beloved husband one last time, Lise drew her last breath and died in the arms of the man she loved.

The men stood there silently, frozen in fear as they watched Loic silently looking down at the corpse of his wife. They had contemplated on attacking him from behind, but their baser instincts were ringing all of the alarm bells in their minds, telling them to stay put or else.

They all held their breath as they awaited what'll happen next when all of a sudden.

"Heh.. ehehehe..eheheh."

A very faint laughter caught their ears. They were confused at first as they frantically looked around to see whom would dare to laugh at this moment. To their confusion and disbelief, they realized that it was coming from none other than Loic himself.

"Obtaining you, took so much from me." Loic remarked as he slowly sat Lise's head down and stood up.

"Fearing your power.. took all I have left." He continued.

"It was foolish of me to think that I could obtain happiness."

"You were right haha.." He whispered in a low voice.

"How truly foolish of me.. heh."

Loic then looked up to the sky and spread his arms wide open.

Confused at what was happening, all the men frantically looked around and readied their weapons. They could feel the suffocating pressure that was growing around Loic.

"Humans are.. vile and.. horrid creatures." He continued as his murderous aura continued to grow.

Slowly turning around and facing the men, Loic's eyes that were devoid of life looked forward.

"I am become... Death." He declared as he held out his hand and clenched his fists.

"Destroy everything."

A quiet whisper that echoed throughout the entire lands, shaking it to it's very core. All the pent up anger, frustration, sorrow, despair, rage, resentment, all erupted as his shadow exerted an outstanding amount of pressure and power, enveloping his whole body completely.

The men all scattered like ants in a desperate but futile attempt to get away, for they too were devoured by the raging shadow that slowly consolidated and took the form of a giant jet black wolf with one purpose in mind.

13