Chapter 21 – Nobody Expects The Evil Cult!
1.3k 6 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 21 - Nobody Expects The Evil Cult!

 

Bella and the other guys in full black pulled out some their pistols, before they split up, while Bella called up someone on her phone.

I took a sneak peek outside and saw some smoke rising. Looking down, I felt a familiar feeling. Something inside of me was warning me of something…

[Magic]

Yes! That’s right! Magic! Even though many years have passed, my magic detection senses are still alive. But why did it activate? Don’t tell me…

{Boom!}

An orange projectile blew up some shops on the other side of the mall. Seeing that I was so close outside, Bella pulled me back in and hid me under the counter. That was definitely a magic projectile unless they brought an artillery cannon inside the mall.

I need to investigate this. I have a feeling this is connected to the IAA and something much worse. I wonder if this is truly reward mode.

[You have me]

Thank you system. For now, I need to find out a way to run away from my bodyguard. I could already hear police sirens outside. I might be breaking my mom’s trust, but this is too important.

[Offer: 2 time mana paper for $44,000]

“Deal.”

Two pieces of paper imbued with mana appeared before me. This should be enough for me to cast teleportation magic, and teleport downstairs and back upstairs. I need to be quick or else I’ll be in big trouble.

“Squigaria Le Feste, A Ti Constiamio.”

After chanting the spell in a quiet voice, I teleported back downstairs to the fast-food restaurant I ate at earlier this morning.

I quietly snuck around, hiding behind everything I could hide behind. Looking towards the centre of the mall, I saw 3 men dressed in tactical gear. I could also hear the hovering of a helicopter from above.

I could be seen right now by the people in the helicopter above, so I’ll just cover my face up using some napkins. I could definitely sense mana a large amount of mana from them, but how? I guess I’ll find out later when I kill them. Why kill them you ask? Well, they interrupted my shopping, and I could absorb their mana if I kill them quickly enough.

Even though their mana is strong, those men could only cast class 4 or 5 magic at most. I’m around their level if I use my otherworldly skill. If I quickly cast some magic without them noticing, I can kill them all off.

“System, use my otherworldly skill.”

[Skill activated: 59s]

“Accuria, Austriqian, La Feste A La Constiamio Inhiontime Pirria Lo!"

The men immediately noticed me and began shooting at me. I thought they would try to use magic to counter me, but I guess they noticed how short the timer was on my spell.

I just have to survive for 10 seconds before I can fire my spell; I quickly took cover behind some pillars, counting down from 10.

“9... 8... 7... 6.... 5... 4... 3... 2...”

I jumped away from my cover and pointed my palm at the men, making me vulnerable to get shot. Several blue beams fired and pierced the men without a problem before they could turn and aim at me. The shooting stopped, and I ran towards their corpse, searching for anything at all.

I found a few name tags, a large book and some cigarettes. I took the name tags and the large book, before running into a random store and casting teleportation magic back to the dressing room.

“Squigaria Le Feste, A Ti Constiamio.”

The surrounding switched back to the dressing room, and I quickly changed back into my normal clothes while I was at it, before exiting out.

“Young miss! There you are! We’ll be moving now, to the roof where the chinook has landed. It's waiting for us!”

Beth and her friends were super scared, but they followed me and the others up onto the roof. We boarded the chinook to a local airbase, where Beth and her friends took a taxi home after saying goodbye to me. I was taken home in a super armoured car, surrounded by multiple armoured cars. Isn't this a little bit too overboard?

While I'm here, I should investigate the name tags and the book.

I pulled out the three name tags. They had the numbers; 19273, 37291, and 1955. I think these represented their rank or something similar.

Putting the name tags back into my handbag, I pulled out the book. The book had leather covering, with an evil aura around it. I opened to book to the first page.

The first page was blank, with only one large sentence in the centre; BIBLE OF ALTRUNIA - RELIGION OF TRUTH. Altrunia was the evil God of a massive cult in my previous life. Why is this here? I never expected to see the evil cult in another world. 

46