Chapter 23 – Virtual Career And Charlotte’s Space Program
1.3k 4 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 23 - Virtual Career And Charlotte's Space Program

 

Lying on my bed, and looking at the ceiling, I was bored to death. I want to do something, but I lack motivation. I don’t feel like playing games anymore; this kind of feels lonely. What about the IAA? That’s too stressful.

I wonder if there’s something I can do…

“I’ve got an idea!”

I can start making some online videos using magic, saying it’s CGI. Just in case, I should ask the system for some help with my account. There’s something called a virtual private network; if I layer that on some more security features, I might be able to completely hide where I live.

“I should also do something about the background… I should be fine if I record myself with just a blank wall behind me for now. I should go outside and record later. I should buy some gear as well.”

I searched up some good video recording gear and editing software. After buying what I needed, I opened up Youtube and began my virtual career! Wait… I need to be over 13 to create an account?

“@$%@^%!”

After venting my rage for a little, I learnt that I could create one under the name of an adult. I nicely asked the FBI, and they nicely helped me with my troubles. How nice. This is not blackmailing; I’m just nicely asking whilst polishing a weapon in front of them.

Anyways, I managed to set up a Youtube account without too much trouble.

“Oh!”

I just got the best idea ever, inspired by some novels I read. I should live a double life, one as a famous, pure person, and the other as a super-powerful controller of the world. I’m definitely smart.

Things are finally getting heated. I should start off with some basic things like boiling a bottle of water using my hand! I need to wait for a week for the gear to come first, so before that, I’ll draw up a plan of everything I want to do.

---

The camera gear has finally arrived! My mom was suspicious at first, but when I said it’s for work, she just went on her way to help train Amelia in marksmanship. I don’t know what kind of God my mom is, but her marksmanship is undeniably the best I’ve seen. The bodyguards and agents often bow before my ridiculously powerful mom.

I set everything up according to how the system wants and began recording!

“So um… hello. My name is Charlotte, and I'm an expert entrepreneur in blac- business engineering stuff, dealing with magic and CGI editing. I hope you enjoy my content! Here’s my first trick; boiling water with a fire appearing on my hand.”

After recording the video, I went into editing. I watched an hour's worth of tutorial videos before this, so I’m pretty good at editing now. I cut out the audio part where I cast the spell, just in case. I did a few minor edits before publishing the video.

An hour or so passed, and I checked back on the video. There were 15 views, no subscribers, and 1 comment. I took a look at the comment and it said ‘pretty talented for a kid, but there’s no CGI, just science and superb editing.’

“You can do that using science?”

I searched up some videos, and it turned out that I could indeed do something like that using science. Having a fire on your hand can be done using science. I was very impressed; I should research about this later.

What’s something a normal human can’t do with science? Maybe I should combine science and magic. Reach the skies… I should launch something into space! But what should I launch? Power Rangers! Launching power rangers into space sounds fun!

“I can’t go outside since I’m grounded, but there should be no problem if it’s my backyard. Let’s research aerospace engineering!”

---

Roughly a month has passed, and I’ve managed to grasp most of the basics of aerospace engineering. I just have to nicely ask the government for some materials; some aerospace-grade aluminium, rocket fuel and the basic stuff.

The system managed to also cash in, charging me $340,000 for some help coding and assembling the rocket. Considering everything, I better get at least 1,000 views from this.

Since a month has passed, I was allowed to go outside once more, so I invited my friends, my family, and my agents to watch the launch. Beth and her friends were joking around until they actually arrived, my mom just looked proud, the agents were confused, and Amelia and the others were happy to see me happy.

I quickly told everyone to stay away, with headphones and protective glasses on, behind a super-strong, and thick glass protection.

Now, I should explain how the rocket works. The rocket functions using mana infused rocket fuel, making the storage a lot smaller. The benefits of smaller fuel storage are weight and size. I managed to make the rocket only 3 metres in height, and I installed a GPS for recovery.

The amount of mathematics the system solved was way harder than my algebra homework. I just sat there and let the system do everything. I also promoted the system to a temporary employee.

From what I could understand, using a dictionary every few seconds to check, the rocket should land in a lake 3km from the launch location. I have the agents, with 4 cars, helping me.

I quickly hit record on the camera, did some introduction, and placed it in a secure location behind thick glass with a few Power Rangers.

The rocket is being launched in the Royal airbase or something, and a few scientists were observing. I quickly pressed the red button in front of the rocket and ran to cover with some headphones and safety glasses on.

“Three… Two…. One!”

The rocket began blasting off, creating intense wind and heat. I could feel the wind and heat even behind the super thick glass. The scientists, who didn’t look too happy before, started observing the rocket with a slight interest.

The rocket flew past the clouds, and I began moving. The scientist seemed to be excited now, and Beth was speechless.

After driving for a few minutes, I arrived at the lake and began looking up into the sky for the rocket; I quickly stopped after the clouds stopped covering the sun. There were a few government hovercrafts and divers around the lake, waiting to capture the rocket so I can get the content.

A few more tense minutes passed, and the rocket was visible using a telescope. The coding instructed the rocket to use it’s parachute 3500m above the lake, to slow it down and cool it before landing.

Roughly half an hour of waiting later, the rocket landed back down, with the upper part missing. I hope it didn’t drop it on someone’s house. Either way, the mission was a success! I should start editing the video right away!

50