Chapter 24 – Kidnapping Of Charlotte 1
1.1k 4 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 24 - Kidnapping Of Charlotte 1

 

After the rocket launch, the scientists were asking several questions about what fuel I used, and so forth. I just ignored them and ran away, letting the agents deal with them. I suppose I’ll add the government in the video description as thanks for lending me the airbase. 

I began editing the video and uploaded it after a few hours. After uploading the video, I regained some motivation and got going on selling information like hotcakes, crushing IAA bases all over the world. The amounts of daily attacks have dropped to 1-3 from the usual 200-250 internationally. 

Trust in the government has yet to be restored, and a few riots have sparked after some American counter-terrorist forces failed to prevent the death of 20 hostages. With the rate of everything, this is much worse than I thought.

When I was in the midst of thinking, a suspicious email came in. After contemplating on whether I should open the suspicious email or not; I felt like there would be no harm in opening it.

(Dear Charlotte, it seems you’ve been tampering with our holy mission. The saviour cannot enter this sinful world yet, but I can borrow his power to help spread cure, I will have you dealt with right away. Sincerely, A devout holy figure.)

[Error! Error! High-class magic detected- first wall, broken, second wall, broken, final wall… broken. WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR]

What!?

After opening the email, the system began giving out warnings. I looked around and tried to detect any mana, but there was nothing. 

“What’s going o-!”

A massive rupture in space suddenly consumed me, and I began to lose consciousness.

“Not right….. He..re…..”

“Hurry! Capture her, and attach the collar!”

Collar? What collar? What…

---

“Ugh…..” 

Why is it so cold? What happened? 

I tried to open my eyes, with the blurry mixture of the dark surroundings and distant light slowly fading. I looked around to see my hands and legs attached to the wall. My mana… it’s gone? 

“Hey, system. Are you there?”

I could barely speak with my hoarse voice, my throat itching from a lack of water. What happened?

[Yes. I’m here. We seem to be in a dungeon, after being captured by the followers of Altrunia. I never expected them to use human sacrifices in order to use a class 11 spell, and capture you.]

“I can’t sense any mana within me.”

[The collar on your neck is restricting your mana circulation, and absorbing your mana. I’m trying my best to analyse it right now.]

“Hurry up!”

“Hohoho! What do we have here, are you trying to talk to yourself? If you’re so lonely, I can bring your friends in here with you, maybe your family as well.”

“Wha-! Don’t you dare touch them!”

An old man, who had an evil moustache and multiple wrinkles, walked to my inclosure. The old man looked around 40-50 years old, wearing one of those military general uniforms with his bald hair. He was pretty fat as well. 

“Do whatever you want with me, but if you dare touch-”

“And what are you going to do?? Cry about it? You’re just some lucky kid, stuck in a dungeon with no power! How about I teach you a lesson-”

“Enough, Alztriuch! She’s a valuable tool.”

“Tch, do whatever you want.”

The fat guy called Alztriuch walked off angrily, leaving another guy wearing the same uniform, behind. The guy had a strict looking, long face with glasses. This guy has some hair, but they don’t go past his ears.

“You are… an exceptional case. To think someone like you exists. Hahahahahahahaha!”

The guy had a creepy smile before laughing away in an evil manner. Several guards, wearing a red garment with their faces covered, appeared with some of them carrying LMGs in their hands. Yes, there were a few with 2 LMGs. 

The situation was very confusing, but I understood that I have no negotiation power here. I need to think; one wrong move and they may be in danger. I can’t afford that. 

The strict looking guy opened the door to my metal cage and walked up to me. I wanted to slap his arrogant face, but my hand were restricted. 

“My name is Gjaruian, the head magician of the glorious Altrunian Church. I have a deal for you, why don’t you join us and seek the truth? Protection of your loved ones will be guaranteed if you cooperate with us.”

I tried to look away from his ugly face, which was no less than 30cm away from me, but he used his hand to grab my chin and to pull my face back towards him. Disgusting. Do you brush your teeth every day as your dentist recommended?

I can’t do anything too rash for now. Staying silent is the best option. Although, I can't help but leak some killing intent from my eyes.  

“Ignoring me, huh? Isn’t that a little too cruel? You know what’ll happen if you disobey us. That resilient face of yours and those eyes, so precious; I wonder how long that'll last?”

Using a sarcastic and arrogant voice, the Gjaruian guy got even closer to my face. I can feel his breath on my face, absolutely disgusting.

“I suppose you’re too young. Soon… You’ll find salvation, and help the church seek the truth.”

Finally pulling his face away from me, he exited the cell and left. Silence once again returns, in the cold and isolated dungeon. 

“What now?”

[I can entertain you with my Japanese whilst analysing the collar.”

“Torture is illegal under the Geneva convention. Please don’t commit any war crimes.”

44