Chapter 26 – Kidnapping Of Charlotte 3
1.2k 2 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 26 - Kidnapping Of Charlotte 3

 

When a squad of men in full tactical gear arrived, I had some hope that I might escape, but that hope was quickly crushed. The men in tactical gear were killed like ants eaten by an anteater.

A few more hours passed, and more people arrived. I screamed for them to run away. I realised that Bella was also in the group; even though she was just a bodyguard, she is considered important in my heart, which made me want them to run away even more.

I couldn’t do anything to protect those who I loved dearly, just like in my past life. I couldn’t do anything. Please, system, transcendent beings, Gods, please let me save them. Let me save them for once.

“Charlotteee!!!!!”

I could hear my mom in the distance. Even though I’m supposed to be happy to see my mom, I couldn’t help but feel sad.

“Mommy’s here to pick you up!”

She looked confident, but that won’t be anything against magic. I thought that modern weapons overpowered magic, but in the end, magic was on the top. System, speed up the analysis on my collar! Do whatever you can, even if it costs my life!

[Confirm/Cancel]

“Confirm!”

Everyone was surprised at my sudden outburst, but the Gjaruian guy continued to move towards them. I need to hurry up.

[Activating = Emergency Mana Mode]

The collar broke; I could feel a sudden flush of mana in my body. I feel the power!

“Wha-!”

Alztriuch was confused, but Gjaruian just laughed.

“Interesting. If you were a little older, I would’ve made you mine. Anyways, I should finish you off.”

Even if I had a lot of mana, which also caused a temporary increase in mana circulation, it takes time to cast a spell that can affect something made from a God-like creature. Any normal person with a mana circulatory system would’ve suffocated to death by how dense the mana being emitted from that tentacle is.

There was one spell; a very dangerous spell that involves the life of the caster. The spell only takes 10 seconds to cast, but, in exchange for the fast casting, extra mana is taken out. There’s a condition called absolute 0 mana; which happens when a mage uses all of the mana in the body and soul.

No matter how much the collar from before, absorbed, it will never fully take all of the mana from the body and soul. To be precise, you can’t normally use all of your mana since some of it is locked away to maintain your mana circulatory system, and part of your soul.

You normally die after 10 minutes of absolute 0 mana if you’re lucky; you need to be near a natural world mana circulator, something like a dragon vein. You can survive using a natural world mana circulator the mana in the air will be so dense, it would flow past your body, allowing it to absorb some. There are no natural world mana circulators on Earth, which is one of many reasons why there are no mages. Even back in my old world, natural world circulators were a rare thing, and being born near one practically guarantees that you'll be a great mage.

Risking between my mom's life and Bella's life, and my life, I would definitely risk the latter for the former.

Gjaruian was approaching me. I gave a glance at my mom; she looked like she knew what to do.

“I’ll take you down, and play with your loved ones in front of you.”

{RAKKA RAKKA RAKKA}

“Kuro Le Feste, Inhion Goldentor Varputir Surpiot Kurviu Jvitalin, Injvita A Corsis Gruhan La Contravent!”

Whilst my mom shot some rounds to distract Gjaruian and Alztriuch, I managed to run away and cast the spell, catching both of them off guard. A few more men in red garments rushed towards me, but it was too late.

I only have 5 seconds before I run out of mana. The spell is definitely costly. I started off by blowing away the guys in the red garment with my punch, before rushing towards the two that ridiculed me.

“Here’s my revenge!”

I punched them, destroying the tentacle and shredding the two, literally. I was fulfilled. I finally did it!

“Mom…”

Why is it turning black all of the sudden? What happened? Wait, where is my mom...

[User’s death: Confirmed.]

[Initiating 5660123]

[Transfer: Complete]

---

POV - Charlotte’s Mom

When I managed to struggle past the agents and steal a gun, I rushed straight into the bunker.

When I arrived, my Lotte created a miracle as always and defeated all of the terrorists without much of a problem. I was curious as to how she learnt magic, but I should ask her that later.

After defeating the two boss looking guys, Lotte looked accomplished. I was surprised as to how she managed to look so happy after killing instead of afraid, but I guess it’s just some effect from missing me.

“Lotte!”

“Charlotte!”

I called out to Lotte, along with Bella, but she didn’t respond. Lotte was slowly fading away.

“Hey, Bella… Are my eyes…”

“She’s fading…”

I quickly rushed to Lotte, but it was too late, there was nothing there, only an afterimage of her. How is this happening? No, why?

“Lotte! Stop it with the pranks! Come out! Bella, this is a prank right?”

“I-... I’m sorry.”

“N-no way… Lotte!”

I screamed at the top of my lungs, tears overflowing from my eyes and heart beating at the speed of light. I didn’t want to believe it.

"Mom..."

"Lotte!"

40