Chapter 28 – Memories 1
1.5k 6 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 28 - Memories 1

 

After successfully registering at the guild as an F rank adventurer, I took a goblin slaying quest and headed towards a nearby forest. The town’s streets were bustling in the morning, with adults and children cheerfully enjoying the day. 

I headed into the forest alone, looking around for any goblins.

[Hey.]

“What? It’s rare to see you approach me first.”

[I’m leaving.]

“Huh?” 

[I’m temporarily leaving to do something important. I will return in a few months, but you can still use the features of the system. Everything will be automated, so there will be no response to any of your questions in the meantime.]

“It sounds very important. It will be lonely, but I can’t help it.”

[Thank you. Goodbye.]

“Hey! Wait! Tell me about where you’ll be going first!”

….

I sighed a little. I suppose I can ask the system later when it returns. 

“Grrrrrr!”

An ugly green creature popped out of nowhere, holding a stick with some animal skin to cover itself up. I quickly killed it using a low-class spell. I cut off the long green ears of the goblin using some wind magic and continued my trek. 

As I walked through the forest, I remembered the test. Running recklessly in the woods, hurting myself, sleeping cold and alone in the woods. Then… her warm embrace…

“Grararara!”

Another goblin appeared whilst I was in the midst of my thought. I quickly disposed of it and went on. 

---

A week passed and I got promoted to E rank. I tried to interact with the locals, but they don’t seem to like me much since I looked like someone from the nobility. I suppose nobles aren’t very well-liked by the common people. There were only a few exceptions.

Although it felt a little lonely, without the internet, my mom, the system, and so on, I could always talk to myself. It was a little sad without my loved ones with me, but as long as they were safe, I was happy. 

Once I defeat Altrunia, everything will be back to normal. I need to hurry up and return to my old world after defeating the cult in this world. Even though I missed my loved ones on Earth, there are still loved ones on this planet that I need to save.

Either way, I managed to save up 4 silver coins. I can afford a trip from Belleiope to my home town in Klashino, where I can meet my previous self.

Oh! The transport carriage is here!

I quickly hopped onto the cramped carriage with 10 other people, paying a silver coin to the coachman on the way. The carriage was the size of a bed, with a wooden structure and some animal skin as the roof. 

The ride was uncomfortable compared to modern cars, but it was slightly durable. The people with me on this trip were mostly old men and women, with a few young adults. I was the youngest person present. 

I took a peek out the back, where the entrance was and saw the town gradually get smaller. I wonder how that merchant is doing. 

---

The trip took 2 days and 3 silver coins. Soon, I arrived at the small, border town of Halion. I gave my thanks to the coachman before leaving.

Halion for a small town with 2,000 resident; it was very average like any other town, but it's a special town to me. For now, I need to find my orphanage. Maybe I can do something about my past self. 

After walking for a few minutes, I arrived at a small run-down church, with cracked walls and overgrown moss everywhere. I politely knocked on the wooden entrance of the church, and a familiar old woman in a nun costume came out. 

“My… Who might you be?”

“Sister Klienia, correct?”

I held back the urge to cry and asked a simple question. 

“Yes?”

“I’m sorry.”

“Huh?”

This is bad. I’m crying like crazy, with her sweet voice reminding me of so many childhood memories. It was strange to say childhood memories despite being a child, but I just ignored it.

Even though I never cared much about my previous life, this was one of the very few things that I don’t want to forget. I won’t forget that day, nor will I forgive them.

---

The date 21/9/557 on the continental calendar.

31