Chapter 1
2.4k 6 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A man was walking from work to home. It was another day, just like any other, as he was crossing the road he heard a sound coming from his left, the next thing he knew, he was lying on the ground. The man felt himself getting sleepy.

'Huh, is this how I die. Well, at least I can stop being a slave for that company.'

With these as his last thoughts, he lost consciousness.


*TiTiTi...*

''Mhm~''

*TITITITIT...*

''Stop... I'm up''

''Huh, wait something isn't right''

He felt looked around. He was in a strange room. The room itself wasn't strange, but he never has seen this room. The room wasn't big.

''Arght-''

As he was still looking around and registering where he was, he got a splitting headache. With the headache came flooding memories, one after another.

After some time the headache stopped and he could move freely. He didn't rise from the bed because he was registering all the memories. He got shocked because what he got from these memories, the information was kind of shocking.

In short, he died while crossing a street, by a truck that ran over him. He knew he should have died but right now he was lying on the bed. He knew this wasn't heaven or hospital because of the new memories.

He was in the body of a girl named Lucie. 

'Looks I'm now ~she~ not ~he~'

To summarize about this world and Lucie.

This world is more advanced than Earth, it's bigger by quite a bit, this worlds/planet's name is Abura. In Abura there is magic and energy called mana. In this world, people have two cores in their bodies that gather mana. These cores have different ways to gather mana. 

First is enchanting or body core all people have one of them. These cores gather mana and strengthen/enchants the whole body making it more flexible, stronger, agile, and more. 

The second is magic core gathers mana and lets you use magic, yes magic like fireball but these cores have specific elements mostly every core has one element, but there are times when people are born when the core has more than one element, and it's not rare to have more than one element.

The third kind of the core is special or some call it mutation core, this core gathers mana and lets you use special abilities or mutation. When someone gets this kind of core it can go both ways bad or good because these abilities are random(that's why called mutations) and what they can do is also random.

People are born with one enchanting core that's located near the solar plexus. On the other hand, the second core can be any of the three and is located near the heart. The most common of the cores is the enchanting kind, then the magic and the rarest is the special type. The more mana the core gets the stronger the core and its respected functions. Tiers are the measurement for the strength of the cores.

All people when are born have two cores but they are inactive they become active when a child turns 12, but until then you don't know what type will be your core.

So when born they are Tier 0 when the cores activate they become Tier 1 and from there on you need to gather mana and strengthen the cores to upgrade and go up the Tiers. But you really can't upgrade the Tier until you turn 16 because until then all the mana cores gather mostly go to the body development. The cores still gather mana and keep some so you can develop your control over your abilities and get familiar with them. 

One thing to note is your strength doesn't depend on what kind of second core you get, but how much work you put to strengthen the cores, but that's for common people because the rich and noble can easily get themselves potions and mana stones and all the good stuff.

Yes nobles, in this world there are still kingdoms and empires with kings and nobles and all that complicated stuff but lucky or not there isn't a slave system, well legally there's not.

This world is kind of amazing where magic and science meet. There are monsters, dungeons, and all kinds of races not only humans.

As Lucie's memories go she starts remembering her past and where she is. She was an orphan and for as long as she can remember always was one. Lucie lived in the orphanage most of her until she turned 16. The age you are counted as an adult in this world is 16 and she had to leave the orphanage when she turned 16 as every else had to. She had to live on and she did. She jumped from job to job but with no luck, because she didn't have a degree, and the jobs she could get were, bad paying and using her as a slave or just plain on shady. And that was going for some time, but then she remembered she could become an adventurer. Yes, adventurer was a profession they delve into the dungeons for mana stones, artifacts, or monster materials.

The profession sounds good and all but it wasn't as popular as one might think, and there are reasons for that.

First, you will be risking your life almost every day and you might not get a good loot especially if you are weak. Second, you need to buy all the stuff on your own, potions, equipment and more that on itself can cost a lot. With these two alone the better choice is to enlist in countries or some noble's private army. Third, although you will have freedom as an adventurer you can't reject some quests like, for example, if you're near some city and there are monsters attacking it, then you need to defend the city. Next, the assigned quests... well you can but your reputation will drop a little and with time it can drop to the bottom if you reject too many, especially from nobles and royalty.

Lucie was at the time about 5 months out of the orphanage, yes and time in Abura is almost the same, the difference is that all months have 35 days in each. 

So she made a decision to register as an adventurer but that's where things become interesting. In the Adventurer Association one of the buildings she met a scout from United Association that was looking for talents. And from there she was scouted because of her special core.

Lucie had a special core and its ability was [Super Learning]. Whit its help she can learn anything much, much faster than any other. 

She right now is in HQ of the United Association that is located on a lone island in the middle of the ocean. United Association is basically a union of the Adventurer Association, Merchant Association, and Production Association.

Right now she is in a room that is temporally hers until she is officially started her job. 

Now, what will be her job? Well, United Association has made 5 elite teams Yes she will be one of the new team's members but that isn't where this madness ends. The crazy part is she will be part of a new team called Team Zero. Teams have numbers from 1 to 5 the 1 being the best and 5 being the worst but don't get this wrong Team Five still is elite of the elite. Team Zero has all members who are talented and have a bright future but they all are Tier 1 including Lucie.

Upgrading core isn't easy if you don't have a good supply of mana. Mostly to upgrade cores the common people harvests mana from are or around them, but there are faster ways and one of them is using mana crystals but to common people, it's harder to access the better ones so they usually use the common ones but Lucie even those couldn't afford because of her situation at that time.

So more about all this all the members of Team Zero right now are Tier 1 and weak but with time they will be force to be reckoned with. This job includes taking special jobs and doing them but right now she doesn't know much more.


After all that information Lucie looks around her room. It's all white and only has a bed, a mirror, and a desk, that's all. She would meet her teammates after a week and she has been in the HQ only one day. She gets up and walks to the mirror. She had long black straight hair, obsidian-like eyes, she was about 180cm tall and her curves were decent C size.

Her charms were top class and right now she was wearing gray pajama pants whit a loose gray t-shirt.

'I should probably get dressed.'

As Lucie was going to the coffer by the bed, she checked her phone to see the clock. It was about 7 AM, this whole week she was free to roam around the HQ. The HQ building was humongous with multiple floors and each as big as a small city. It had 51 floors and she right now was on the twenty-first floor. On this floor, there are many things for entertainment. 

As Lucie was getting ready her phone vibrated, she took the phone and checked what was it. 

There was a message from UA(United Association) to download an app. She clicks to download and after a few seconds, the app opened.

[Hello please enter your name]

She wrote her name in the required bar but there was another bar for her surname, as an orphan, she didn't have a surname. As she was thinking about what to do because without filling the bar she couldn't move forward there popped up more text.

[If you don't have a surname please choose one, but the ones that are used by royalty or high enough nobles will be rejected]

Yes, even if this world still has nobles and royalty mostly everyone has a surname. Now she had to choose one herself as she was thinking what to choose she remembered this life and the one, where she was a man, she remembered that her jobs used her as a slave so she wanted something that opposed that, something that was free and stood on top. While thinking that she wrote her choice.

As she thought about what she just wrote in the surname bar, it may not sound good but still, she chose that, and as the app was looking if it's not used by any high-class people, she was crossing her fingers and hoping it isn't in use. Because she wasn't good at naming things.

After some minute or two new text popped on the screen.

[Welcome, Lucie Alpha]

  'Looks like it was a success'

[Hello, this app will help you in your daily life while living in UA HQ. There are many functions that can help you if you need more detailed information you can find it in -Help- option. Hope you have a good day]

Lucie clicked one of the functions listed, -Map- and it showed the map of the floor she right now is. Right now her location is on the far Eastside. That's where all rooms like hers are. She then pressed the -Full layout- and it showed on the screen the 51-floor big building. From floor 1-21 this is called the common floors these floors anyone can visit and rent a room and is mostly for entertainment. from 22-31 is for VIP or the rich, basically, you need to pay to get there. And form 32 and up is only for UA HQ staff but there are many laboratories, workshops, and that kind of stuff. But the floors from 46-50 are living quarters. [Team One]has the fiftieth floor and [Team Five] has forty-sixth floor as their living quarters. The [Team Zero] will have the fifty-first floor as the living quarters.

Why do we get the highest floor? Well, that's because if an attack happens from the sky we are the first to engage. That's why the higher-ups live on the middle floors.

Well, she got a whole week until she officially joins so right now she will be staying in a room on the twenty-first floor. 

She checked some more applications and functions but in the end, she wanted to go out and look around the floor.

'But before that, I should probably dress'

Right now Lucie was standing by the bed with her phone in her hand and only wearing black panties. 


*Pip~*

She locked her room with her phone and walked in the West direction. In this world, almost everything happened electronically and a phone is practically all you need if you go shopping and the like.

Right now Lucie was wearing a loose black t-shirt, fitting jeans, and sneaker-like boots. 

After some 20min walking, she reached where the rooms end and starts the kind of city part. In the sky, there was a sun, and the sky itself was a normal blue color. 

'Probably achieved through magic or magic tool.' After all this, all was in UA HQ. 

In the city part, there were different kinds of buildings, shops, restaurants, entertainment and more.

'Buildings inside a building, well... this is interesting.'

Lucie has never seen where full-on shops are inside a building. Why?. Because even in this world HQ UA is one of the kind because it's an artifact. 

Lucie didn't know what's the story behind it but she knows that artifacts can be with all kinds of shapes, forms, and effects.

After walking for some time Lucie felt hungry so she went to the nearest food stall, they were almost everywhere. She went where they sell some sandwiches.

'It's only about to become 9 Am, this will do for the breakfast'.

The stall was operated by middle age looking couple, in this world the higher Tier your cores are the longer you live and your youth remains. She went in front of the stall and asked what she came for.

"Hello, would you like to buy something from us?''

The stalls register was being operated by the women. She had brown hair that went a little beyond the shoulders her eyes were a lighter shade of brown than her hair and she was wearing a colorful dress with a white apron. 

''Yes please, can I get two chicken sandwiches?''

''Yes, that will be 5 arus total.'' 

Arus where this world currency and that was the only standard currency in this world. And she got a good amount of money from UA.

''Thank you''

Lucie paid for the sandwiches, practically you do that just by scanning your phone against the terminal. As she waited for her sandwiches to be ready, because they make them on the spot, she started looking at the man making the sandwiches. She was looking at him because she wanted to learn how he makes sandwiches. Her ability [Super Learning] is always activated in its passive mode, this was when it doesn't use mana enough to outperform her mana regeneration/absorption speed. In passive mode, she still learns much faster than any other even if she only looks at how others do the action. The other mode is the active mode where the mana cost is bigger but at the same time, she learns much faster than in her passive mode. And that is one of the big reasons that she was so calm when she woke up because she learned to adapt.

After a little time, she got her sandwiches and went on with her tour.

'Mmm.., the sandwiches are pretty good, I should probably visit them again sometime.'

As she walked down the streets and ate her sandwiches she saw some teenagers passing by her on boards. They weren't hoverboards because that kind of technology is mostly used on big airships, because to make something float or fly one needs a wind-type monster core. Monster cores are something like mana crystals but to get a monster core you need to kill a monster and for hovering you need many low-quality wind-type monster cores or one high quality.

Well, that also depends on the mass of the object but hoverboards still are kind of expensive. Also even if they aren't using hoverboards they still have wind-type monster cores in the boards, so using mana they can propel themselves to move.

As Lucie watched them move around she thought about getting one, so she could move around faster.

With that in mind she opened the UA HQ app, clicked on the map, and started to look where she can buy the wind boards, yes they are called wind boards. 

After some looking on the map she found a shop that sells them, it was about 15min walk from where she was. On the way to the shop she watched or observed people that were using them, so she can learn how to use the board properly with her ability. 

After some time she found herself in front of the shop. Going into the shop she saw there are a lot of kids and teenagers. She waked little around the shop. On the walls and stands were different kinds of boards and some hoverboards.

The cheapest board was 300 Arus worth but the expensive ones were up to 4000 Arus worth, not including hoverboards.

Lucie went to the high-end side for the boards because she had tons of money given her by the UA and why not by the best if you can. The prices depended on how good the creator was, how big and strong is the monster core. It's essential to know who is the creator because it doesn't work if you just put the monster core in the board you still need to connect all the parts with mana lines to the monster core and that's where you can see how good are the skill that made the board.

Lucie walked around a little and found a board she liked. It had a simple design, all black with red cracked lines. She walked to the nearest staff.

''Hello, can you please get me that board?'' 

Although the boards were on stands and shelves they all had a glass around them to prevent stealing. This glass probably wasn't your regular glass but some kind of magic one, because it emitted a small amount of mana. So she needed to ask one of the staff to get the board she wanted.

The man nodded and went next to the glass where the board was. He scanned a card against the lock, after opening the lock he took the board and went to the empty counter.

Lucie followed him to the counter so she can pay. The board cost about 4000 Arus. With a phone scan on the terminal, she got her board.

As she took her board the man started speaking to her.

''Hey, if you are free, do you want later to go somewhere like movies or something like that?''

Lucie was a little surprised, she knew she looked really beautiful even for this world standard, but nonetheless, it's still a little surprising to get invited out of nowhere. The man was handsome the blond hair, blue eyes, athletic type, she was sure if he asked any other teenage girl she would automatically say yes eight out of ten times. But she may have a girl's body she still had the heart of a straight male, at least in these kinds of questions.

''No thanks.''

And with that, she exited the shop and went to the nearest park. 

The park she was in was pretty big and there were many people especially families. Lucie went to the park because even though she learned how to use the board from observing others she still wanted to get used to the board. Looking and doing are two different things even if you can learn really fast just from looking.

Lucie put her board down in a secluded spot where there weren't as many people around and stepped on the board. 

When she was on the board she started to put mana in the board or more precisely the monster core in it. It started to slowly move and she adjusted her posture and upped the mana input in the board and it got faster. She got little excited and put the board on its limit and went the max speed it could possibly do. 

And she lost control and almost crashed into a beastkin family, in the last second she regain control and missed them, but still crashed in a tree. 

The family of three looked spooked and right now was looking her way.

''I'm so sorry about that...''

Lucie got on her feet and bowed ninety-degree angle and apologize. They were a family of three catkins the wife looked young and had long light brown hair and eyes the same color as walnuts. The husband looked kind of young too but still had the aura of someone experienced and had the hair and eyes in dark-colored brown. The kid that was between both of them, had his father's hair and eye color. Their cat ears that are on top of their heads are the same color as the hair except for the insides, which were a lighter shade of the same color and the tail was the same. 

''Oh, it's alright in the end no one got hurt except maybe you... all you alright?''

The woman had a motherly aura as she spoke and at the end, her voice sounded little concerned.

''Yes, thank you, I'm not hurt!''

Lucie wasn't bowing anymore and was looking at them, the woman was about as tall as Lucie's shoulders and her husband was a little taller than  Lucie the kid only reached his father's hips, but something was distracting Lucie a little as the kid was staring at Lucie. Yes, the kid was staring but that wasn't the distracting part but the fact that he was staring at her boobs, was little distracting. 

Lucie didn't feel uncomfortable or something like that but it was a little too obvious.

'The kid isn't even  12!'

She could tell the kid isn't even 12 because he wasn't emitting much mana because, when someone is Tier 1 they emit much more mana than Tier 0. Someone who is Tier 0 still can use man to some extent but they have much less man than Tier 1 because their cores aren't active.

After a bit of chit-chat, they parted ways but the kid still took some glances from time to time until they were out of her sights perimeter.

Lucie found out that the family runs a clothing shop and they have a daughter that is about 4 years older than the kid. The kid is 11 years old.

'Ah, I forgot to introduce myself... well I didn't catch their names too. Looks like we both forgot introductions.'

Lucie talked only with the nice lady because the kid was occupied with her tits and the man was quiet all the time.

After a little while, Lucie remembered why she was at the park and took the board and tried to ride it again. After a few minutes she could fully control the board even at the max speed. 

She moved little around the park with her board's max speed and found a skatepark. The skatepark was similar to the Earths... no wrong its only similarity was some of the ramps shapes but they were bigger.

Lucie was amazed by it but she regained her calm the next moment.

'Well, it makes sense for them to be that big, after all the boards are much faster and you can do more things with them.'

Lucie was thinking if she wanted to go and explore the skatepark section of the park.

'I don't need to go anywhere and I have a lot of free time.'

So Lucie decided to have some fun. She stepped off of her board and took it under her arm.

When she arrived at the skatepark she saw people doing stunts and showing off to one other or just having fun by themselves. She sat down under the nearest tree and observed the people doing the stunts. She chose to sit under the tree because she liked the shade and most of the benches have been taken.

Although she can fully control the board at the max speed she didn't think she can do many of the stunts as it is different than just driving around. After observing for some time she started to try on the smaller ramps. At first, she lost balance but in about 20min she had mastered the small ramps. People learn faster by experiencing things than observing or reading and with her [Super Learning] she learns a lot faster

After mastering the basic movements for some of the stunts and ramps, she started to become better and better and now she was jumping around like a master around the biggest of the ramps.

And it didn't go unnoticed, especially by people that were here from the start.

''Didn't she just was on the smallest of the ramps?''

''Yes, if I didn't saw how she wobbled and lost her balance at the start I would believe she was doing this for a long time.''

''Maybe she just pretended to be bad at the start?''

''Maybe, who knows.''

They were a group of youths and they had two boys and two girls in the group. But they weren't the only ones that had commented on that. That was how fast she can Learn with passive mode on her [Super Learning] can learn stuff in simple minutes or hours that others learn for days, months, or even years. 

Now the question is why she was in such a bad situation before being scouted. That is because the orphanage was poor, she needed help where she could and as she could learn really fast after her cores activated, she helped with cooking, housework, and other menial tasks like that. The books at the orphanage were mostly some old children's books. Children books helped her learn how to read and write as she needed just some practice, but they weren't really educational and after becoming 16 at the jobs, her wage was low and she could only rent a small apartment and the food she mostly ate was instant ramen or something like that. 

Basically, she had a lot of potential but couldn't use it at full force because of her situation. Of course, she learned this and that from her jobs but she quit them before she got promoted, because she could learn almost from everything she could probably climb the ladders to the top at her jobs. The problem with that was when people noticed she became better at her jobs they pushed more work on her and she couldn't handle it and quit.

And even though she learned how to cook at the orphanage it was mostly sup. Although she can learn basically from anything she needed some basic knowledge. For example, she needed to know how to make the board move forward if she didn't she couldn't learn how to steer it, and then she could forget the stunt part. 


Lucie was having fun so much so she forgot about the time. She only stopped to check the time on her phone after she saw how few people are left in the park and the skies becoming dark, well at least the imitation of the skies. 

She stopped her board and while still standing on it she checked the time, and the phone was showing it was almost midnight.

'Oh looks like I should head back to my room. Well, lets leave exploring more of the city tomorrow.'

With that in mind, she put her phone in her right pocket and used her board as her transport. Although the city zone wasn't as crowded as in the day it was still crowded, but Lucie easily maneuvered around the people.

After some time she was in front of her room doors she stepped off her board took it in her left hand and scanned the phone against the lock. After unlocking the doors she put the board next to her coffer by the bed.

She changed her clothes to her pajama pants and gray t-shirt and jumped in her bed.

'Ah~, today was fun, but I still don't feel sleepy really... let's check what's on the internet shall we.'

She opened the internet icon and just looked around there where celebrate drama, some popular group released some new album and that kind of thing. In this world, there were still many kinds of celebrates and entertainers but the most popular were the adventurers and the guilds. After all, they fight the big bad monsters.

Lucie looked a little bit around the internet but after some time she felt sleepy so she set an alarm and went to bed.

25