Chapter 8
571 8 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Lucie arrived at the mansion she went straight to the hot spring, as she wanted to relax, and she hasn't enjoyed it, and this will be her first time here.

The doors that lead to hot spring was at the back. When she opened the doors there was, dressing room with wooden floor, on her left side there were wooden lockers with baskets in them, and on Lucies left side of the room there was big mirror. But as Lucie was quit tired and she couldn't wait to soak in the hot spring, she didn't pay much attention on the room. 

Lucie activated her storage ring and the next moment she was fully nude. Lucie went straight trough the doors at the other side of the room, and behind the doors, Lucie saw the hot spring. Lucie didn't spare a second and just got in.

''Fwuhaaaa~''

As Lucie slowly went in the water until she was fully immersed till her shoulders, she closed her eyes and let out a sound of satisfaction. After little while Lucie opened her eyes and put her elbows on the hot springs edge.

Lucie started to look around, from the doors that lead in the dressing room, was a stone path that leads to the hot spring. The hot spring itself was made out of smooth stones of different sizes, but except for the path and the hot spring itself, everything else was grass, more precisely the mansions backyard. There were no walls no nothing, the hot spring was in open outside. Of course if Lucie wished for, she could use the home terminal to activate a barrier, that made so no one could see the hot spring from the outside.

But Lucie didn't care much, after all she wasn't shy, and even if she was only people that could see her, were her Team mates, and maybe the manager. As Lucie enjoyed the starry night, she heard the doors open, when she looked in the direction, Lucie saw Emma coming here. Just like Lucie, Emma was fully naked, except her ring.

Emmas blond hair were tied in a bun. While Emmas hair were tied, Lucie weren't, as her black hair were free, and swing in the water. 

Lucie was looking at Emmas boobs, as with every step Emma took, they bounced around quit a bit. Lucie stared until Emma got in the water next to her.

'' How do you like them?'' When Emma asked the question, Lucie looked up and saw Emmas green eyes with some teasing glint in them. 

''That is one nice pair you got there.'' Lucie said that with a smile to Emma.

''Thank you, yours are nice too.'' And with a nice smile Emma said to Lucie her thoughts.

After bit of silence both of them started to giggle. It took some time before the calm and quit atmosphere was back. For some while they just sat there and relax, until Lucie decided to take her phone out, because she felt a little shock from her ring. 

These phones are capable of alerting the user, of messages or calls even in the storage ring, well of course the ring needs to be on the users hand or skin. Lucie didn't know how it fully worked yet, but she had a plan to find out in the future, but right now she checked her phone.

There was incoming call from Sara.

''Hello?''(Lucie)

''Good evening Ms. Lucie. I call to inform that your Team has been assign your first mission. The client will be coming to explain all the details, about a week from now on.'' (Sara)

''Is there any information what kind of mission it is?''(Lucie)

''Not fully, but with the minimal information the client provided it is know that you an your Team will be tasked with bodyguarding.''(Sara)

''Ok, I will inform the others.''(Lucie)

''Well then, goodbye Ms. Lucie.''(Sara)

''Wait!'' As Sara was ready to end the call, Lucie stopped her.

''Yes, is there anything you want Ms. Lucie.''(Sara)

''I and Emma are in the hot spring, do you want to join us?''(Lucie)

''... Thank you for the offer, but I will refuse this offer.'' Sara was silence for a moment, but still calmly answered.

''Ok~, have a good evening!''(Lucie)

''Thank you, you too.''(Sara)

''Bye~''(Lucie)

And with that the call ended.


~Saras POV~

Sara put her phone down and looked at the document on her computer screen. The document was about the mission, and Sara could see who commissioned it. The mission was commissioned by a wealthy businessman. It didn't show what kind of business he did, or his looks, or anything like that. Only the bare minimum.

Sara leaned back in her chair, and though about the Teams Zero first mission, and who might be the businessman, but as Sara had work to do, she didn't think much about it. 

If Sara didn't have work to do, she might've taken Lucie up on her offer.

Even though Sara was a manager for Team Zero only about a month she still got to know the girls a little bit. Her impressions of them had changed from the first time she met them.

Emma gave some motherly or big sister vibes, she was mostly calm, and kind. What surprised Sara a little bit, was that Emma had a little mischievous side to her, nothing much, but still little unexpected.

Mara on the other hand was little different, she liked to sleep, but at the same time was really active. Mara liked to have fun, but with limits, when it's needed to be serious she will be.

Aurora was really hard working and diligent in her training. If she had a goal in mind she will keep at it until the end.

And then the leader Lucie. For Sara, Lucie was like a loose bullet, there are sometime when you don't know what she is doing, but she usually didn't do anything extreme. That reminded her of Alice, on one of their meetings she was informed that Lucie had made some powerful AI, and when Sara heard in more detail, her brain went blank for couple of minutes.

 

''Sigh~...Well enough about the past, I have work to do.'' As Sara said that to herself she started working.


~Lucies POV~

''Looks like we got the first mission. I will tell in more detail when everyone is here.'' As Lucie put her phone back in the ring she turned to Emma.

''Ok.''(Emma)

After the call both them just relaxed. But the relaxing silence didn't last long, as the doors of the dressing room opened, and both Aurora and Mara were coming here. 

''Did you advanced to Tier 3?''' Lucie asked looking at Mara. Lucie could feel that Maras aura is stronger. Every one could suppress their aura, so no one could know what their Tier is but still you can't surprised it fully, so it's possible to make a guess, and as Lucie already knew Maras Tier and that she would advance soon, she could tell that Mara has advanced in Tier.  Of course there were items that could fully hide someones straight, but they were mostly popular with assassins and that kind of people. 

''Yes, I advanced while I was visiting my family today.'' Both Mara and Aurora where siting on the Lucies left side while Emma was on her right.

''Well, this is a good time as ever. So I got informed by manager, that we got yourselves the first mission for Team Zero. Only details I know is that we will be tasked with bodyguards duty, and that the client will be here about a week from now on, to discuss in more detail.'' As Lucie told them what manager told her, everyone was quiet and fully paying attention as Lucie spoke.

''Is there information about who the client is?'' (Aurora)

''No, just the minimal information.''(Lucie)

''Well, this will be our first mission, I hope it goes well.''(Aurora)

Everyone agreed with Aurora, after all they are new to this kind of job, even if they have talent and will power higher then others. 

''If this is about week from now, then I and Emma should have advanced to Tier 3.''(Lucie)

''Mm~, I'm very close to advancing, probably tomorrow I will advance.''(Emma)

''Well, we should stop thinking about it, and just relax. Njaaa~''(Mara)

With Maras advise they stopped thinking about the upcoming mission, and just relaxed. 


*Chop, chop, chop, chop...''

It was the next morning and Lucie was making breakfast. It didn't take long to make, and by the time Lucie was finished everyone was at the table.

''So, what is all of yours, plans for today?''(Lucie)

''Training.''(Aurora)

''Training.''(Mara)

''Tring to advance to Tier 3, so training.''(Emma)

''So we all will be training today, I guess.'' (Lucie)

After they ate their breakfast they went to their training simulation, in the basement. 

The first was Mara, and her opponent was one and had the same Tier as her. She needed to get used to her new power. 

Lucie saw that Maras regenerative power was much more powerful. Of course her reflexes, and speed, increased too, but her regeneration stood out the most.

Aurora was next and, she was better at controlling her shockwaves, they got more faster, and stronger.

Emma was next, and she tried to use her ability most of the time. But she fought against multiple opponents, all Tier 2.

The last was Lucie, she wanted to test her new weapons, when she used her pistols, she tested, the effect of normal, fire and wind bullets. The normal bullets, just like any regular bullet didn't do much, but still did a lot of damage if shot in the right places.

When Lucie fired the fire bullet it left a fire tail behind itself, and when hit the opponent it was like a regular bullet, plus it scorched the skin of the target. Wind bullet was just faster, and had more piercing power. And the same as Emma Lucie fought multiple Tier 2 opponents.

In that formation Mara, Aurora, Emma and Lucie, they took turns and trained. Lucie also tested her sniper rifle, the same with the pistols, but it got more power, as fire bullets area that it scorched was bigger.

About the time of lunch Emma advanced to Tier 3, and from there she started to fight Tier 3 opponents and get used to her new power. But what surprised Lucie was that she herself advanced to Tier 3 at the end of the day, and she got used to her newfound power pretty fast. Lucie was expecting the advancement in the next two days, but not today, so it was a pleasant surprise. 

As every Tier has bigger and bigger power gap, Lucie could feel the advancement, from Tier 2 to Tier 3 more clearly, then from Tier 1 to Tier 2.

Most of the day, all of them trained. 


It was the day that, the client who commissioned, the Teams first mission, arrived here. 

Team Zero trained and went to the dungeon for the past week, they wanted to get used to their new power and be as ready for this mission as they could. Lucie even managed to get her three blank crystals water and earth affinities to Tier 1.

Earth bullets, are lot more enduring then other ones, and water bullets just make things wet.

Right now the Team with Sara were driving to their meeting place, all Lucie knew was, that the place was located in one of the VIP living floors, she didn't know which one, and she didn't really care about that. 

The whole trip, to the location, was quiet. No one said anything, they all were just sitting quietly until they arrived. 

''Were here.'' As the car stopped the driver informed them about their arrival.

One by one they got out of the car, the moment Lucie stepped out of the car, she saw a mansion. The mansion was pretty big, of course not as big as their own, but still big. 

As Lucie was looking at the mansion, she saw what looked like a butler, coming in their direction.

''Welcome. I presume your Ms. Sara, and the members of Team Zero.'' The butler had brown short hair, he looked like in his 40s, but Lucie doubted that he was in his 40s. After all the higher somebodies Tier was the longer he could live and sustain his youth. 

Lucie could tell that the butler was at least Tier 4.

''Yes you're correct.'' (Sara)

''Please follow me.'' And with that they followed the butler inside the mansion.

When Lucie went inside she could see some servants here and there, mostly doing some housework. Still following the butler they went to the second floor of the mansion, and went down the corridor, at the end of it there was a door, which probably was the clients office.

*Knock, knock*

''Come in.'' The butler knocked on the door announcing the arrival, and from the other side of the doors came feminine voice.

The butler hearing that, opened the door. As the door opened Sara went first and Team Zero followed behind her.

The room was decorated with book shelfs on left and right walls when coming in, in the middle of the room was a table with two sofas on the opposite sides. Further in the room, there was something like a office table, and on the other side there was a women, with bright pink hair, that reached about her middle back. Plus her eyes were light red. Lucie could tell her Tear was higher then the butlers.

''Welcome, please take a seat.'' The women offered them a seat, while she indicates with her hand at the sofas.

Without a word they took their seats.

''Well then, I should probably introduce myself. I'm Anna Cakewalker.''


~Annas POV~

Anna Cakewalker, she was the owner of Cakewalker Sweets, one of the biggest sweets compony out there. They dealt with many kind of sweets, candy, chocolate, cakes and many more. Their known around the world and has a really good reputation. But as their is a good sides being the owner of big company, there is the bad sides. One of which is the competition in the same industry, and in this kind of world it isn't rare to send killers to one another. 

Anna and her husband has four children, the oldest is her daughter, she is 21 years old, the second oldest is her son, who is 20 years old. But she has twins one girl and one boy, they are 12 an will soon need to attend the school.

In this world, the children enters the school at 12 and usually end when they are 18. Of course before that is preschool and all that.

Now Annas children until they are at the age of 12, they are homeschooled, as their house is the most well guarded place for them. But when it's time to go to school she hires some bodyguards to protect them. 

But this time as there was a big event for the company she forgot to hire someone, and it will take about a month to find someone suitable. The problem was she didn't have that much time as her children will start going to school really soon. 

Some may ask, why she doesn't homeschool them fully until 18. Yes she could but in homeschool, her children wouldn't be able to make connections if their homeschooled. Connections are good in many ways, from making good loyal friends, to knowing good business partners. So she wanted for her children to go to school. 

At first she thought about hiring some adventurers, but there was always the risk of them betraying her for someone who gives more benefits to them. Yes the adventurers would be punished by the association, but if enough benefits are put on the table, they would still do it. 

As Anna was thinking what to do, she remembered about the elite Teams of UA, and as they are directly connected to UA their first priority is to complete the mission. 

With that in mind she contacted them, gave the minimum required information, and send it to them. And now she was siting in the mansion she bought at one of the VIP floors. 

When the Team walked in, Anna could tell they were Tear 3, as anyone could tell someones Tier if he himself was higher Tier then the other.

She was happy that they were Tier 3, because she doubted, that someone would hire some well known expert for killing her younger children. But still she had plans to hire some good bodyguards for her twins, but for now Tier 3 should be alright.

After the introduction, Anna told them about the situation and what was expected from her, plus the pay for this mission, and the finer details about the mission. 

After all that transaction, the guests left for preparation.

After her guests left, Anna leaned in her chair, with relief showing on her face. 

''I looks like the talk went well Ma'am.'' As Anna was thinking about the interaction with her recent guests she was interrupted by the butler.

The butler was one of the servants she took from her home, as she needed someone who could act as the head servant for this trip. In her house this butler was the head butlers disciple, so she thought, it would be perfect to take him with her. His name was Bill.  

''Indeed it went well, but there were some unexpected moments.'' As Anna said that that, she remembered that one of the members of Team Zero, if she correctly remembers the team leader, did something she wasn't expecting.

In this mission they were tasked with bodyguard duty, Anna wanted to them wear standard black suit with white shirt underneath. All the suits were enchanted, so that they are more durable and as she had the money, she made them durable as plate armor, maybe little less, but still durable. Plus the suits had self repairing, and self adjusting enchantments on. As they will leave tomorrow, Anna gave them the suits in middle of the meeting.

What she wasn't expecting was that Lucie would stab the suite with a knife. At start she was just looked at the enchantments, that were on the inside, and were well disguised, but the next moment Anna saw how she stabs a knife at the suite, of course the suit didn't sustain minimal damage.

But Lucie didn't stop there, she put some mana in her knife and stabs it another time, but this time the knife went trough, and after that Anna could see interest in Lucies black eyes, as she watched how the hole closed.

''Bill, prepare the airship, we depart tomorrow.''

''Yes Ma'am.'' With that Bill bowed and went to make preparations.

With that out of the way Anna starts concentrating on her usual work.


~Lucies POV~ 

Right now they were driving back to their mansion, as tomorrow they leave for their first mission. 

''I didn't expect you to stab a suit in the middle of the meeting.''(Sara)

''To be honest, I didn't too, but I needed to check how the enchantments work. And it was quite interesting, to see them work. Plus I couldn't stop my curiosity. ''(Lucie)

Sara didn't have anything to say, and she looked around and saw that everyone had the same expression, as if it was normal, and Sara couldn't blame them. The only ones who were surprised by Lucies actions, was Anna and Sara.

But the girls that lived with her everyday, have already gotten used to Lucie sometimes random actions.

 It didn't take long before they were back at their mansion.

''This is your first mission, so I hope you will do your best, and show good result. And good luck.'' (Sara)

''We won't disappoint you manager.'' With Lucies sentence, the other team members nodded, agreeing with her.

''Good night.'' With nod and a smile Sara wished them good night and the car started to drive away. 

''Well, we should get ready for tomorrow, as we need to be ready pretty early.''(Lucie)

And with that they got ready for tomorrow, Lucie made the dinner, and then they went to sleep.

 

16