Chapter 10
562 11 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~Annas POV~

''...''

Everyone, in the room, was looking in one direction, more precisely they were looking at four people, and every one of them were looking at the four, with somewhat shocked expressions. Even Anna and her husband were little shocked.

Anna had made a something like a test for Team Zero, as she cared for her children dearly, so she wanted to be sure they were protected well. So Anna made this test, of course she informed her husband, and few other people about this test of hers.

But the result was kind of unexpected, she knew that all members of Team Zero were Tier 3, so Anna prepared people of the same Tier. Anna expected somewhat equal fight, but the battle she waited for ended in less than a minute. And right now she was looking at her test teams total defeat.

Anna was higher Tier than the members involved, so she saw everything that happened. The moment her test team jumped trough the windows and started to rush in twins direction, Team Zero took action. The first was Lucie as she threw two needles at the leader of her test team, next she saw how Aurora obstructed path for one of her team members, and when he was in Auroras reach, she punched him right in the stomach, Auroras fist was fast enough that it landed on it's target without him realizing.

Next was Mara, she started to run straight at one of Annas test teams members. Mara using her momentum grabbed one of his arms, and swing around him, while locking him in place using her legs, and now she was pointing one of her sharp nails at his neck. The last was Emma. 

Emma summoned her double spear out of her storage ring and the next moment one of test teams members started to move differently, as something restricted his movements, and in that time Emma ran up to him and pointed her spear at his face.

Anna really wasn't expected this kind of result, of course she was happy about that, as that means that her two youngest children will be more protected than she thought, but it still was little surprising.

''Hahahaha..., I'm must apologize about this. I wanted to be sure you were capable of protecting my children, so I made this test to see your capabilities. As a mother my family is the most important thing for me, so I do hope you don't take this in the wrong way.''  The silence was broken by Anna, as she explained what just happened, as she told them about the test she made for Team Zero. While she explained every one was looking at her and listening.

''So, how did we do?'' Anna was expecting at least, a little bit of anger from them, but instead she got question about how well they done, from Lucie. 

''You surpassed my expectations, and I'm happy to know my children's safety is in your hands. And could you, please, release my servants.'' Anna needed little bit of time to get out of her shocked state, but it didn't take long for her to collect herself.

''Of course.'' After Lucie said that, she and her teammates released Annas servants, at the same time.

''Ah.'' One of her servant released little pained sound, as Lucie squat down, and retrieved her needles from his knees. After that was done they returned to their positions behind the twins, while the twins were looking at them with, shock, admiration, and little bit of confusion in their light red eyes. 

''Thanks for your service, your free to go.''(Anna)

''Yes, ma'am''(Test team)

After Lucie and her team returned to their positions, Anna dismissed her test team, and the dinner continued. While they were eating, the twins asked some questions, to Team Zero, from time to time, of course Dian and Patrick had some questions too, but the number didn't compere with what twins asked.

It started with something like what was their favorite food, to...

''So is it possible for you, to drain all the blood from someone, trough their nose.''(Tom)

''Well technically it's possible, but the problem it's not really practical. If I wanted to do something like that, I would need to use high amount of mana. Normally it's already hard for me to control blood inside of someone living, because the mana that's within their bodies obstruct my ability, making it harder for me to manipulate their blood. Of course if the person is Tier 1, I can fully control their blood, but Tier 2 is were I could only make so that they aren't able to move, and Tier 3 I can only restrict their movement's only to some level, and that more differs of their power in their respectful Tier. And even if they are Tier 1 it would be hard to get all their blood trough their nose. For starters I'm not at that level were I could sense every drop of blood in someone's body, but even if I could do that, it still wouldn't be easy, because I would need to gather all the blood at the bodies head, and if I wouldn't make any injuries, I would need to navigate all the blood trough the blood vessels. It would be hard even if they would be dead, not talking about alive. So technically it's possible, but not with the power I have.'' (Emma)

Questions that were something like this, when Tom, learned that Lucie could wields any weapon if she had some practice, his eyes started to shine, like some kid that was at the candy store, and his parents just said to him, that he could take as many candy he wants.

Of course Annas children didn't ask anything too personal, so the dinner continued like this.


~Lucies POV~

Lucie was little taken back when twins asked them question after question, after the Annas test. There were some interesting questions, one example was if she could wield a sword with her feet. Lucie herself hasn't thought about that, she answered them that she didn't know, but Lucie speculated that there is a possibility for that, she didn't know how long it would she need to train, to be at the level where she would able fight with something like wielding a sword with her feet. Of course the sword was like normal sword you usually wield with hands, not some modified blade.

Plus Lucie had fun answering some of the questions.

Well except the questions the dinner went normal without anymore test or something like that.  

''Well, Eliza and Tom, don't skip on your training.'' After dinner, before the night time, Tom and Eliza usually trained in one of the training areas. Lucie and her team were informed about the twins daily schedule, so they knew about that and followed them to one of the training areas.

''''Yes mom.'''' 

This training area was similar to their own, in the basement. After they arrived, Tom took one of the swords that were at the side, and asked Lucie something.

''Could you be my sparring partner.'' Lucie was little surprised by that question, but she agreed to spar with him.

''Sure.'' (Lucie)

After Lucie agreed to spar with him, she could see how a smile bloomed on Toms face. Tom started to walk where one of the rings were, and she followed. After arriving there, they both took their possessions. Tom got ready and entered his battle stance, while Lucie took out her katanas sheet, and got ready herself.

While Eliza, and the rest of Team Zero started to observe them. 


~Toms POV~

Tom was little confused, when he saw that Lucie took out her blades sheet, not the katana itself, so he asked her.

''Where is your weapon?''(Tom)

''This is my weapon for this spar.'' Lucie answered him with a smile.

''What? Where is your blade?''(Tom)

''Sorry, I don't want to injure you too much. I don't trust myself even if my power is restrained to your level.'' Still smiling Lucie answered him.

Tom saw Lucies abilities, when his mother tested her and her Team, but he didn't saw it detail as much as Anna, after all he was only Tier 1. Tom was trained by their knight captain,  so he was confident in his swordsmanship. He didn't believe he could beat Lucie, but he still believed he could put up some fight when her Tier was restricted at his own Tier.

This arena, was special in that it could restrain someone's power to needed level. And this time the arena will restrain Lucie power, so it would match Toms power level.

Tom got ready for the battle, as arena did it's thing, and put Lucie at the same playing field as Tom. It didn't take long and the battle started.

''Aaaaa...'' Tom charged with his sword ready to strike, as he got Lucie in his striking distance, with a swing he attacked Lucie, but the result was something he didn't expect. His attack was easily deflected, but he quickly composed himself, using the momentum he striked again, and again, and again, but every one of his attacks were deflected without effort, as he started to get little flustered, and attack more aggressively, at one moment he saw the world spinning, and the next moment he felt something hard hit against his back.

''Huh?'' Tom was confused what just happened and was looking at the training areas ceiling. It took him few seconds, before he started do understand what just happened.

Tom started to understand that he was just fallen, and that Lucie one was the one that did that, by sweeping his legs with one of hers. Tom got up and got in his battle stance.

''Another round.'' Tom said with determination in his voice.

''Sure.'' Lucie just smiled.

And with Lucies agreement Tom rushed at her again, and striked at he with his sword, but the result was the same, his sword attacks were blocked, and he was sweeped by his feet and fell.

''Again.'' Tom wasn't ready to quit just like that, so he got ready for another spar, and Lucie agreed.

But of course the result was the same with him landing on his back, and looking at the high ceiling. But he didn't give up, and asked for another round, at it went on like this for few times, until.

Toms strikes were blocked or deflected one after another, it was going as usual, until Lucie tried to sweep him off his feet again, but this time Tom was prepared, so he stepped back and dodged her leg. 

He got little excited after he dodged, and the next moment he was disarmed, Lucie stricked with her sheet in an angle and Toms sword left his arms, and before he could register what happened, he again was on the floor, looking at the ceiling.

'''WHY?!'' Now Tom was more than little flustered, he didn't understand why he couldn't land a hit in her. He trained with knight captain, and learned his technique. 

''Why can't I land a hit on you.''  Flustered he asked Lucie.

''First, I would be surprised if you could land a hit on me, after all I'm always learning and the longer you fight me, the harder it is to land a hit on me. Second where did you learn that technique?'' Still with a smile on her face Lucie answered him.

''I learned it from out families knight captain.''(Tom)

''Hmmm..., what dose he use beside the sword?'' (Lucie)

''Huh? Nothing, besides his shield and sword.'' Tom was confused, why would Lucie ask him about the knight captain, but he still answered her question.

''No wonder.''(Lucie)

''What?''(Tom)

''Your technique is incomplete. The technique you have learned is to be used with sword and shield. Without the shield it's half assed  technique. By the looks of it, it's supposed to have sword and shield, both used in defense and attack. Interesting. So why don't use the shield?'' Lucie said all that, while Tom just stood there and listened. And she was right because the knight captain indeed used sword and shield, as for defense and attack. Sometimes the sword attacked while the shield defended, while other times the sword defended while the shield attacked.

Tom was standing stunned because of Lucies analysis, that it took him a minute before he answered to Lucies question.  

''Only sword looks cooler.''(Tom)

''Huh?'' Now was Lucies turn to be stunned.

'Looks like he still is a kid on the inside. It looks cooler, he says.'

''Well, you have two options, either you start using shield, or learn different technique. Because if you use this technique in the future, you will drop dead before you know.'' (Lucie)

''But-''(Tom)

''There is no but, there is you change and survive, or become corpse. What you call 'cool' doesn't help people survive, that's why the fools that want to be flashy, are usually the firs to die. So either you chose a future where you survive, or die like a fool.'' Without letting Tom to say anything, Lucie said all that with serious tone. 

''Ok.'' Tom answered her with defeat in his voice and he walked to grab a shield.

''How?'' While Tom was going after a shield, Lucie heard Elizas surprised voice.

''What?'' (Lucie)

''How did you persuaded him to use a shield, even the knight captain himself, said that the technique is incomplete without a shield, but even then Tom didn't listen. So how?'' (Eliza)

''I said how it is, if he doesn't want to be some monsters snack, then he needs to make some changes.'' (Lucie)

It didn't take long for Tom to return with a shield, he had a sword in one hand and in the other he had a kite shield. He stepped on the arena and got in his battle stance.

Lucie smiled and got ready herself, and without any sound the fight started. 

As all the other times Tom was first to attack, and Lucie dodged, blocked or deflected his attacks. Lucie didn't block many of Toms attacks, because both of Toms cores were enchanting type. So he had more raw power that Lucie, when they were at the same Tier. 

*Tunk*

Dull sound was made when Lucie tried to sweep Tom of the feet, but he blocked her leg with his shield. When Lucies leg was blocked you could see how her smile widened. 

Lucie dodged Toms sword trust and right after attacked his head with her sheet, this time she stricked from his right side, where his hand was holding the sword. He blocked her strike and attacked with his shield with wide sweep. Lucie retreated little, do dodge the shield. 

The next moment Lucie rushed at Tom to attack, but Tom readied by putting his shield in front of him, to block Lucies attack. Tom was readying for the incoming attack but it didn't come, instead Lucie jumped on his shield and kicked at his head. Lucie had really good balance because she was standing on the shields thin edge, not the part witch you usually block.

Of course Tom dodged the kick by lowering his head as the kick was made in sweeping motions, and at the same time he moved his shield to throw Lucie off of it. But Lucie gracefully landed on her feet without any problems. But Tom was already charging at her with his shield in front. 

'Well time to end this.' 

With that thought in mind Lucie dodged his charge with a spin, and without losing momentum she stricked him in the, back of the head, making him lose balance. While Tom was trying to balance himself, Lucie didn't waste any second, and using her sheet, she hit his side. Losing his balance completely Tom fell. 

''See much better with a shield.'' While Tom was still laying on the ground, Lucie said to him that the technique was better with shield than not.

''Yes. Now I understand that this technique requires both the shield and the sword. Can we have another round?'' Tom got on his feet, but this time Lucie could see some will to improve in his eyes.

''Sure, but this is the last one. We've been here for quite some time.'' Lucie agreed to one more sparing match.

The fight started, but this time Tom didn't charge, and both just stood there, looking at one another. It didn't take long before someone made a move, this time it was Lucie. She sprinted at Tom.

When Lucie was close enough she attacked him with her sheet, but the attack was blocked by Toms shield. Tom blocked the attack, and immediately attacked her with his sword in trust motion. Lucie dodged his attack, and using that moment when his right arm was outstretched from the trust, she attacked his side. 

Tom managed to block Lucies attack, but he needed to retreat few steps. Lucie of course didn't retreat but pressed on with her attack, but most of them were blocked by Tom shield. 

At one moment when, one of Lucies attacks were blocked, Tom attacked her with his sword, trying to hit her side, but it was blocked. Lucie could fell the impact when her sheet and his sword collided, and she was pushed few millimeters to her right, by Toms attack.

Tom didn't let Lucie relax and the next moment charged at her with his shield, but Lucies reaction was good, so she pushed his sword off, and trusted her sheet at Toms head. Tom needed to block it, so it stopped his charge. 

But now Lucies arm was stretched out, so Tom trusted his sword aiming for Lucies stomach, but with a step sideways she dodged that. Lucie wasn't done, and while retrieving her sheet from the trust, she used that momentum to strike Toms outstretched arm. She hit with enough power, that the sword flew out of his hand. 

Using that opportunity she attacked him from the side, Tom of course blocked it, but the next moment he got on of Lucies boots in his face. And now Tom was laying on the ground, face up. 

''Ok, it's already late, we should probably go.'' Lucie put her sheet back in her ring, and stepped of the arena. 

The moment she stepped off her power was back to normal. It was interesting sensation for Lucie.

Tom too stepped off the arena when he collected himself. They waited Tom to put his sword and shield back where they were, and then went back up.

It was pretty late, so Tom and Eliza needed to get ready for the night, and they were led to their rooms, by some of the servants. 

''Please follow me, and I will show were you'll be sleeping.'' One of the servants was responsible, for showing Lucie and her team where they will be sleeping. As the servant started to walk in one direction, they followed him.

This mansion was big, so it took them some while before they arrived at their rooms, where they would sleep while on the mission. The rooms were quite grandiose, but that was expected, after all Anna was loaded with money.

While they were looking at their rooms details, furniture, paintings and other stuff they were interrupted by a maid.

''Hello, would you like me to show where the bath is?'' (Maid)

''Yes please.'' (Lucie)

'''Please follow me.''(Maid)

And same like the servant the maid started walking, and they followed her. After arriving at the bath, Lucie could see, that it was split in two sections, for men and for women.

They went in, and the first thing welcoming them was a big dressing room, and some naked women. Lucie and others got undressed pretty quickly and went further in, where they were met, with big indoors bath. There were ladies in different ages, and sizes. 

But as Lucie and her team wanted relax, they got ready and went straight for the water.

''Haa~'' They found free corner and soaked in the water. This bath relaxed their bodies.

''So, will you tell him that you held back.'' It didn't take long for them to start chatting, mostly what they thought about this mission. When Aurora asked Lucie about the sparing.

Lucie obviously held back, when she spared with Tom, because she wanted for him to learn something, otherwise there's no point in the sparing matches.  

''He probably already knows that I held back.'' Lucie answered Auroras question with relaxed voice. She was enjoying the bath.

Lucie needed to hold back, because of her ability and experience. She has fought with many monster. Although she wasn't in great danger when she fought the monsters, most of the time, she still had fought someone that wanted her dead. Of course the simulation they had back at the UA HQ mansion, was another factor, because they have 'died' many times. On the other hand Tom has only trained with others, not fought where they want to kill each other. 

Battles where you could lose your life are different from just training, or spars. 

After they relaxed in the bath, they went to their rooms and got ready for tomorrow.


-Next day-

*Tuk* *Tuk* *Tuk*

Lucie was woken up by some one knocking on her rooms door. 

''Coming.'' Lucie got out of the comfortable bed, and went to open the door. 

When Lucie opened the door, she saw a maid waiting on the other side of the door.

''Miss Alpha, the breakfast is ready.'' (Maid)

After saying that the maid went to wake up others of Team Zero, while Lucie got ready.

'Miss Alpha, well that was first.' Usually Lucie is addressed differently, and when it's formal it's something like 'Lady Lucie' or 'Miss Lucie'. But at the same time, other have started addressed her formally not too long ago, and still it's pretty rare when that happens.

While all those thoughts were on her mind, Lucie got ready. She stepped out of her room, with the black suit, white shirt beneath, nice dark tie, and black boots. 

When Lucie came out of her room, she saw that maid was knocking on the last door, but no one was answering. The reason being, it was room where Mara was sleeping.

While the maid was trying to wake up Mara. Aurora and Emma, stepped out of their rooms, ready and dressed in their suits. 

''Do you have a key to this room.'' Seeing the maid still trying to get Maras attention, Aurora went and asked if she ahs a key to Maras room.

''Yes.'' The maid took out a card from one of her pickets and showed to Aurora.

''Please open the door.'' (Aurora)

''Yes.'' With a nod the maid scanned the card against the lock terminal, and the doors opened.

As the doors opened they could see that Mara was still sleeping comfortably in her bed. Aurora stepped in the room, and went next to the bed where Mara was sleeping, she grabbed the beds mattress and started to move her hand with little motions, after doing that for few seconds, Mara woke up, and still sleepy she looked around.

''Huh?'' When her head cleared up to some degree Mara realized that we were here. The next moment she shot out of the bed and got ready in records speed.

''What did I miss?''(Mara)

''Nothing, but if we didn't wake you up, you would've missed the breakfast.''(Aurora)

Now that all of them were ready, the maid led all of them to the dinning room, on the way here they informed her that she is allowed to go in Maras room to wake her up, because it's nearly impossible to get her out of the dream world with noise only.

When they arrived at the dinning room, they could see that there was food already prepared for them, and there were some servants still eating. 

Lucie doesn't know, how in other household stuff was done. But in this household, for example servants wake before their masters and eat their breakfast before it's time to wake them up. 

Although Lucie and others aren't this households servants, they are contracted bodyguards, so they have all their meals the same like the servants. 

They sat down and started eating, the food was good, and Lucie was satisfied. The breakfast was spend in silence, so they finished pretty quickly.

They were last to finish, well that's not surprising after all they were last to arrive. After they finish their food, it was almost time for the household master to wake up. 

Their empty dishes were taken by some servants, and as it was time for twins to wake up, they were led to their rooms. The twins rooms were next to one another. 

While the servants went inside their rooms, and woke them up, and got them ready for today, Lucie and her team waited for them outside the rooms.

As it takes some while to get the twins ready, Lucie started to play with one of her throwing knifes, she started spinning the knife. She started with something simple, just spinning it between her thumb, and her index finger. But it got more complicated really fast. Now she was throwing it in the air, catching and without  losing the momentum started spinning around her fingers.

''Morning.'' After Lucie heard that voice the knife vanished, she put it in her storage ring.

16