Chapter 11
523 8 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''Morning.''(Tom)

''Morning.'' After Tom greeted them they greeted him back.

After Tom came out of his room ready, his sister Eliza came after some while, after all she had more things to do before she was ready so she took longer.

And same as Tom, after Eliza was ready for the day, they exchange greetings. 

After both twins got ready it was almost time for breakfast, so they were led by servants to the dinning room. Of course Lucie and her team were following behind the twins, doing their job. 

It didn't take them long to arrive at the dinning room. When they arrived there the food was already on the table fully prepared, and all the Cakewalker family except the twins were already seated. 

''Good morning, Eliza, Tom'' (Anna)

''''Good morning mom''''(Twins)

After they arrived here the first to greet the twins was Anna and after they exchange their greetings, the whole family greeted them.

''Good morning to you too.'' After all the family members exchanged greetings between themselves, they greeted Lucie and the others.

After all the greetings ended they started to eat their breakfast, while chatting. 

''Tom I heard that you started using a shield. Is that true?'' Somewhere in the middle of their breakfast, Tom was asked by Ben (Annas husband), about his use of shield.

''Yes, I started using the shield.'' Tom answered his father with a nod.

''Good.'' With a smile on his face Ben nodded his head with satisfaction. They all knew that Tom, uses knight captains technique, so they were little concerned about Tom, because he wanted use this technique with sword only. So after the family learned that Tom is using a shield, they were glad to hear about that.

''But what changed your mind, because before you were stubborn about using only the sword.'' Similar to Ben all the others of the family, except Eliza who already knew, were interested why Tom started using the shield.

''It was thanks to Lucie.'' Tom answered with a smile. 

After they heard that, all of them looked at Lucie with some interest in their eyes, as they wanted to know how she changed Toms mind.

''I just told the truth.'' You could see how, all of their expressions turned from curiosity and expectation, to confusion and disappointment as they didn't get the answer they really wanted. They wanted more detailed answer, and Lucie knew it she just wanted to see how they would react with this answer. Of course Lucie was going to reveal the ''secret'' that they wanted, but...

''She told Tom, that if he doesn't use a shield with knight captains technique, that he will be using incomplete technique, and if he didn't want to change the technique he uses, and still uses only the sword, then he will be eaten by a monster like a fool.'' Eliza told them what Lucie told Tom, as she was there when that happened. 

Lucie could see, the moment when Eliza answered their question fully, all of them looked at Tom, then Lucie, then again Tom, and then Lucie. It went on a little bit before they relaxed and stopped doing that, finally stopping with their gazes aimed at Tom, who was still eating, and acting this whole time, as if nothing was happening and everything was normal.

''Well looks like different situations, ask for different solutions, and this one needed someone who was direct with Tom.'' The silence was broken by Ben. And everyone agreed with him, Anna and Ben as his parents weren't so direct with him, of course there are stuff that they are strict, but not so direct as Lucie was, telling him that he would die like a fool, and that he will become a monster food. Of course knight captain tried too, but again he wasn't that direct.

So after fully understanding why Tom started to use a shield, the breakfast continued as usual. Well they thanked Lucie for changing Toms mind, but other than that, it was just calm family interaction. 


''Ughh..., again.'' (Tom)

Right now Tom and Lucie is having a spar, and Tom was getting a beating. Tom has been defeated by Lucie five times now. Tom was now getting up from the rings ground. Lucie found out that the ring can change the floor to any thing, and right now the floor is made out of dirt, so Tom was little dirty.

After the breakfast Tom wanted to go train, and get used to using a shield. So he asked Lucie to spar with him, and she agreed. That's why they are having a spar in the same location as yesterday, the difference is that there are some knights training in other rings, and that this time they were accompanied only by Mara.

Mara looked like she was sleeping right now with her purple tail lazily swaying, but Lucie knew that Mara could react in moments notice. Although it looks like Mara is relaxed, she is actually fully aware what's happening around her.   

While Mara and Lucie are with Tom, Aurora and Emma are with Eliza. Eliza went to the city to have fun, so two of them needed go with her, that's why Aurora and Emma went with Eliza.

*Tump*

And while Lucie was having theses thoughts in her mind, she beat Tom again, and as always he was lying on the ground, face up.

''Ughhhh... I fell like I'm not improving at all.'' While still down, Tom told why he is frustrated.

''Well not really, it's just that I'm learning your fighting stilly so fast, that it looks like your not progressing at all. But your actually progressing in nice pace. If you weren't progressing then you would lose much faster.'' Lucie went over to were Tom was lying on the ground. She was telling him about his progress while, standing by his head, little leaned over and looking down at his face, making so that her straight black hair were hanging down, and almost touching the ground.

''Maybe, but still it fells like I'm not progressing, no it fells like I'm regressing fighting against you.'' Still expressing his frustrations to Lucie, Tom just looked at Lucie black eyes.

''Well that's logical, after all the longer someone fights me the harder is for them to win. That's kind of my thing, you know.'' Lucie answered Tom with a light tone.

'' Yes, I know, but you're holding back, that fact just makes it more frustrating.'' Tom told her, while still lying down on his back.

''Well, let's see. I'm more experience in life and death battles and battles in general is bigger then yours, my ability is practically made for multiple or long fights with one and the same opponent. Look even without much thinking I have found two reasons why you couldn't beat me, so cheer up.'' Lucie told that to the depressed Tom, with a smile.

''Sigh~, you know that you need to work on your cheering.'' While Tom said that he slowly got up.

*Tump* But the moment he was fully up, his world went spinning and he was again on the lying on the ground.

''And you need to work on your awareness.'' Lucie said that while walking back to her spot, at the other end of the ring.

''Cheap shot.'' Tom got on his feet, and expressed his dissatisfaction.

''There is no cheep shots in a life or death situation, or any nonofficial fight, world isn't so nice.'' Although Lucie was smiling right now, her words didn't sound lighthearted.

''While we're at it, I will teach you something that can be helpful, and you should watch out in fights.'' Lucie got in her battle stance, which wasn't really a battle stance. Lucie fought differently with different opponents, so her battle stance usually was relaxed, so she could move how she wants at any moment.

''Huh?'' Tom was little confused by her words a little bit, but he still got ready and assume his battle stance.

''Come snowflake, let's see how long will you last this time.'' Lucies words confused Tom further, and she smiled seeing his bewildered expression.

It didn't take long before Tom snapped out of his bewilderment, and attacked Lucie. But this fight was different, Lucie was mostly dodging, or defending against his attacks, there was almost no attacks from her.

On the other hand she was more talkative, she called him 'snowflake' from time to time, plus even her attacks were more just light taps, mostly on his head. 

Lucie could see how Tom was growing more and more frustrated, his anger was building, and he started to make more and more mistakes, until.

''Ahhhhhh...'' Tom charged straight at Lucie and trusted at Lucie with his sword while still charging at her with his shield. This charge of his, was full of openings, so Lucie took advantage of one of them.

'Looks like it's time to end this. But he has more mental fortitude than I expected from 12 year old, but he still is a kid so he still has some way to go.'  (Lucie)

Lucie just needed to extend her leg to trip him. Toms momentum, made him have a little fly before he landed on the ground, face first.

''Now, the thing I wanted to teach you was this. The battle is not necessarily won by the someone who has more strength, because you always can taunt and anger your opponent. Making your opponent agitated can lead them making more mistakes, so remember mental attack is a thing anyone can use, just like I used it on you.''  Lucie told Tom about the method that can be used in battles, while he was slowly getting up on his feet.

''So you angered me on purpose?'' After Tom got up, he asked Lucie about what she did.

''Yes, there are many tricks that your opponent can use in fights, and this is one of them. As I said before, in life and death situations, there is no cheep, or unfair moves.'' (Lucie)

While Lucie was talking Tom just nodded his head while listening to what she said, with serious look on his face. 

''Now then, do you want to continue?'' (Lucie)

''Yes.'' Even though Tom was a mess, his face stained by dirt, his pink hair looked like a bird nest and their red ends split like crazy, plus he had some bruises here and there, his light red eyes were full of determination and fighting spirit. 

''Ok, let's continue.'' Seeing how Tom was, and how his will to train wasn't extinguish, Lucie happily got ready for another round.


~Auroras POV~

''Fresh fish right from the sea, come and get fresh fish right...''

''Fruits and vegetables, fresh and high quality...''

''Rings, necklaces and bracelets, high quality guaranteed. Hey there beautiful miss, would like some of mine accessories, all of them are high quality.''

''No thanks.''(Aurora)

Right now she and Emma were following Eliza trough one of the hot spots for these small shops and businesses. It was quite crowded and loud on top of that. The crowd wasn't so big that they needed to use strength for them to get trough, but it still was a crowded place compered to different locations in the city.

''So why are we here?'' Aurora wasn't fan of crowds, so Emma could hear the annoyance in Auroras voice.   

''To protect Eliza.'' (Emma)

''Right..., so why is Eliza here?'' With still annoyed expression she asked, the smiling Emma.

''Children are curious creatures, plus if you had listen, she herself said that she wanted explore this place, as she hasn't been here.'' Still looking where Eliza was, and following her, Emma answered with her usual smile to Auroras question.

After that Aurora didn't say anything, and just did her job as Elizas guard. 

Eliza went from one stall to another, looking what they sold and sometime buying their products, but as she was merchants daughter she knew how to get good deals, even if she was only twelve years old. 

So they walked behind Eliza as she bought one item after another, she looked like she was having fun.

''Gems, crystals and other precious, valuable and rare items...''

''Hm?'' This merchants stall attracted Elizas attention.

The merchant at this stall, had a dark coat and dark top hat. He had lean body structure, and a snake like look in his eyes.

''Well there young lady, see something you like?'' Merchant showed his items for sale with his hand gliding over all his items a short moment.

''What is that?'' Eliza looked around and saw something interesting, it looked similar to a dears antler but was made out of some kind of green, crystal like material. Although Eliza was merchants daughter their family didn't expertise in gems, so she directly asked what it is.

As Aurora was behind  Eliza she also saw that antler, but her reaction wasn't the same as Elzias, who was curios. The moment Aurora saw what Eliza was pointing at, her grey eyes turned different, with her pupils turning to lizard like slits, and the grey part showing a pattern.

'Fuuuu... calm down, it's not confirmed it's what I think it is, calm down.' Felling her anger rising Aurora slowly calmed herself down.

Even though she calmed herself, Emma still saw all that so she asked.

''Are you alright?'' Aurora could hear some concern in Emmas voice.

''Yes, I'm ok.'' She answered Emma whit calm tone, as she had settled her rising rage.

''Well miss you have a good eye, this is something really rare, it's not something you see every day. Let me tell you it's really valuable, its effects many and some are special, so I won't waste your time listing all of them, but I can guaranty you have heard about it. It's called dragons crystal horn.'' Merchant explained all this with proud smile on his face.

Eliza indeed knew what that was, and all it's effects but before she could say anything, she saw something flash from behind her. When Eliza looked up she saw Aurora with her gauntlets on, one holding the merchant by his collar, and the other ready to punch his face.

''Where did you get it?'' You could hear rage in Auroras voice, as she looked at the merchant with her draconic eyes full of rage.

''Wha...a..a.a..t...t, do..do...do..you..u.u mean?'' The merchant was scared, and his face was pail from fright, and he asked Aurora whit shaky voice.

''Where did the dragon crystal horn came from?'' Ready to smash the merchants face in. Aurora asked him, with boiling rage which could be heard in her voice.

''It came from a wind dragon.'' Still frighten, the merchant with more steady voice, as he started to understand she not here to harm him...probably.

''Oh, alright.'' After hearing the merchants answer Aurora let him down, and stepped back in her position as if nothing happened.

On the other hand everybody else were shocked, even the passersby were looking and many had the same two thoughts on their minds right now.

'What just happened.' and 'That's all?' 

Of course no one said anything, and after some time, just continued what they were doing.

''I'm alright, just sudden impulse.'' Emma on the other hand was looking at Aurora with confusion in her green eyes, so Aurora reassured her that she was fine.

''If you say so.'' Emma didn't pry further and just accepted Auroras explanation with a nod. 

After that event they didn't stay long, Eliza bought the crystal horn, and they continued their little adventure.


~Lucies POV~

*huff~* *puff*...

''I think that's enough for now.'' Lucie said that to, now lying and battered Tom, who couldn't even speak normally, just some hufs and pufs.

After seeing the state of Tom,  Lucie drew her gaze in Maras direction. Mara was eating something with happy expression, and there was something like a lunchbox next to her. 

Seeing that Lucie looked at the time, and saw that it was time for lunch, at least the servants. The servants at this household have every meal before the main household as explained before, but as everyone has work to do in the day, the chef prepares lunchboxes for everyone, including them.

Lucie walked down from the ring that was on small elevation off the ground. She sat beside Mara and took out her own lunchbox, and started to indulge.

''So, how was it?'' While they were eating, Mara struck a conversation with Lucie.

''What?'' (Lucie)

''You now what I mean, kicking the kid every time, and having him fall to the ground.'' Mara said that while throwing more food in her mouth.

''It was, kind of fun, but I have to tell you, the kid has some determination. He faceplanted many times, but still wanted to go on with the training, so have to hand it to him, with his will power he has some nice future.'' (Lucie)

''No doubt. Maybe I should have a round with him.'' Both of them were looking at Tom now, who still was laying in the ring looking at the ceiling. 

''I don't think so, the kid would be halfdead if not fully dead after you have a go with him, because you would go wild real fast.''(Lucie)

''Maybe you're right, but still give the kitty some chance. I might go wild, but not always it's so bad.''(Mara)

Lucie looked at Mara who was now looking at her, with her purple eyes.

''Right... only about 95% of the time.'' (Lucie)

''See, there are still 5% when I can control myself.'' Mara looked proud about that statement.

''Huuu~, those 5% are when we tell you to not go wild, and still most of the time we need to do that multiple times for you to listen. The thing is, it's not like you lose your mind like a beast, no you always are in control, it's that you just want do go wild.'' (Lucie)

''Hey, I like the felling, plus my ability is made for my wild side.'' (Mara)

Lucie was looking at the now smug beastkin, and she had nothing so say, so she just turned her attention back to her lunch.

17