Chapter 12
557 9 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~Toms POV~

Tom was exhausted, after all he had gotten thrown on the ground multiple times. But even though he had hardly been a challenge for Lucie, he was happy about his growth, Lucie had pointed out his mistakes, and thanks to this training he has visibly grown. Of course in this short of a time he couldn't improve that much, but still he has learned, his biggest mistakes, and some of the smaller ones that he needs to fix.

He now understands, that in real fights there are more tricks and things that he needs to pay attention, than just swinging your weapon in a fancy way. The biggest impression Lucie left on him was when she taunted and angered him, remembering how he lost that time, made his cheeks burn a little. So even if today he was thrown on the ground most of the time, he still was thankful to Lucie, for what she taught him.

While Tom was lying on the ground, thinking about his trainings with Lucie, he saw from corner of his eye someone coming closer. He directed his look at the approaching person.

''Kid, you should get up, and clean yourself, it's almost time for lunch.'' The one approaching Tom was Lucie.

Hearing what Lucie told him, Tom got up and started to get ready. He went where all the training equipment stood, and put what he was using back in place. When that was done, he went for a shower, as they had them here, for everyones use if they need it after training. 

In the end it didn't take long for him to get ready. After he got fully ready he went to the dinning room, and as usual Lucie and Mara followed behind him.

After he arrived at the dinning room, he saw that everyone except his sister Eliza was there, all of them chatting, so he just quietly sat down in his seat.

''So how was your training?'' At some point Patrick had turned his attention to Tom.

*tuk*

Before Tom could even say a word, the dinning rooms doors opened, and Eliza came in the room, with Emma and Aurora behind her.

Eliz went straight for her seat and sat down, which was next to Toms. 

''Mom, look what I got.'' The moment Eliza sat down, she automatically drew Annas attention to herself, while she took something out of her storage ring.

''Oh my.'' When his mom, saw what Eliza took out, she was visibly surprised. Anna wasn't the only one who looked surprised, everyone except him and Eliza, from his family, were surprised.

Eliza wasn't surprised because she was the one who bought it, and she had plenty time to be surprised. Tom on the other hand wasn't surprised because he had no idea what it was, so he was curios what it was as it surprised the others so much.

''What is that?'' As Tom was curios, and wanted to know what it is, he asked others what is that. For him it only looked like a green crystal like antler, that wasn't bigger then his palm in length. 

''It's dragon crystal horn. It's valuable and rare item, as it could be used in many things, from making a magic item out of it, to using it in medicine. This one looks like it's a piece broken off from a bigger horn. Where did you get it from Eliza?'' Anna answered Toms question, while her gaze stayed at the horn.

''I got it from some merchant, in one of the big market places.'' Eliza looked proud, after all the horn was a treasure. Eliza was happy, even though it cost a lot.

Eliza proceeded to tell everyone about her day and experience, plus how she bought the horn. The interesting part was when she told them about how Aurora asked about the horns origin. At that part Tom could see that Anna looked at Aurora with understanding look, as if she had some knowledge why Aurora did what she did.

So while they were eating Eliza finished telling them about how it went for her, when their lunch was only half eaten, and as Eliza finished her story, Patrick again asked about Toms training.

''So, Tom how was your training.'' (Patrick)

''Well, I learned from miss Lucie, many things...'' When Patrick asked about Toms training, he answered his brother without hesitation. Tom told them about what he learned, how he was thrown to ground plenty of times, and how was it in general. 

While Tom was telling them, about his time training, everyone was listening, of course there were moments that someone glanced at Lucies direction from time to time. Everyone had finished their food before Toms story ended, but they didn't go anywhere and continued to listen to the story.  

''How about we go for a walk?'' After Tom finished his story, Anna suggested to spend some family time.

It wasn't often when they could spend together as a family, because someone usually had things to do. For example Anna had to take care of the company, or Tom and Eliza had classes with their private tutors.

But because Tom and Eliza will be going to school, really soon, like really soon, tomorrow will be their first school day, they don't need a private tutor anymore so they were pretty free these past days. 

So because they can't go outside, so often as they would like to as a family, everyone agreed without any hesitation.


~Lucies POV~

*pumpum*

Lucie heard a little sound and her black hair jumped a little, when the car she was in, drove over something, rock, pit, or something else. But Lucie wasn't interested in that, right now only thing on her mind was their destination. 

After Anna proposed to have some family time with her family, they decided to spend some time at the amusement park. So right now Cakewalker family, Lucie and her team, plus some guards and servants, where driving to an amusement park.

Lucie has never been to any type of amusement park, well not in this life, and she was kind of eager to see how it looks here. Lucie moved her gaze from the evermoving scenery outside the car window, and turned her head so she could see others from Team Zero.

Right now they were sitting in a black jeep, Lucie was sitting in the front, and the three others were sitting in the back, except the driver, they were all form Team Zero, as this jeep was only intended for five people, driver included.

Mara was on the right and was resting with her eyes closed, Emma on the left was looking out of the window, and Aurora in the middle was just looking ahead.

Just like Lucie, none of them, have been to an amusement park. Lucie knows this, because she asked them, if any of them have been to an amusement park, before they got in the jeep.

Lucie turned her head back, after checking what others were doing, and pulled out her phone. Lucie decided to play her favorite game right now, the same she played while on the airship.

''Alice.''(Lucie)

''Yes master?'' After Lucie called her name, Alice showed up on her screen, with her usual blank expression. Even though Alice has lost her robotic voice, she still chose to have somewhat monotone voice and the emotionless expression.

''Let's have a match.'' (Lucie)

''Yes.'' Even though Alices voice still was monotone and her expression free of any emotions, Lucie could see still, that Alices navy blue eyes had some shine in them, when Lucie asked to have a match with her.

So for the rest of the time, Lucies plan was to have fun playing the game with Alice. It would take some time before they would arrive at their destination, because in this world the cities are really big. 

In Abura all of the cities have are surrounded by a big wall. The wall is there for defense against monsters, because outside in the wild, monsters were roaming everywhere. So, because the wild was so dangerous there weren't that much small towns, or villages. And because of that, the cities were made much bigger here than on Earth, because they have to accommodate more people. So in this world 30min drive is counted as close, plus you need to take in account that, this world has cars that can go much faster then on Earth.      

So Lucie decided to spend this time playing a game.


*pew**pew*

''Look!!!'' While Lucie was playing a nth time against Alice, Aurora from the back suddenly said something.

So Lucie looked back and saw Aurora pointing at the front, with Mara, and Emma looking in the same direction. Lucie turned her head and looked at where Aurora was pointing, and saw at what got their attention. 

In the distance there was a big ferris wheel, some roller coaster tracks that went really high, and some other attractions. Lucie looked at that, like a child, her black eye were shining, with expectations. And Lucie wasn't the only one, because Aurora and Mara had the same expression. Emma on the other hand was looking somewhat calmer, but still she looked excited.

[You Lose]

While Lucies attention was drawn by the amusement park, she lost this match against Alice.

''Master getting distracted in the battle isn't advisable.'' After the match ended Alice gave Lucie some advise.

''...'' Lucie had nothing to say, because she knew Alice was right, and excuse like 'it's just a game' won't do anything. So Lucie accepted her defeat.  

As they were getting closer to the park, Lucie put her phone away, and continued to stare in the parks direction. The rest of the way everyone was quiet, and just sat in their seats all excited.

It didn't take long before they arrived at the destination, which made everyone excited. Their car stopped at the gates, because they needed tickets to enter. They had the tickets which where bought by Anna earlier, so they just needed to present them and they were good to go.

Their jeep driver, pulled down the window, and presented the gatekeeper with their tickets. As tickets where on his phone it didn't take long. After, all that was done, they were allowed to proceed.

They needed to present the tickets, because their car was first in the formation. Formation was made out of six jeeps and one limousine. The limousine was in the center, and in it was all the Cakewalker family. There were three jeeps behind the limousine, and three in front of it. Lucie and her team were in the first, so the driver was responsible for showing all the tickets.

After they were allowed through, they found free spots in the parking lot. Finding the spots were easy, because the parking lot was huge, and had plenty of free spaces.

*tuck*

After they arrived, they got out of the car, but their eyes were still directed at the amusement park attractions.

*tuck**tuck*...

''Hey.''

Lucie and her team were brought back to their senses when, the driver who was with them, addressed them.

''Oh, sorry.'' Lucie and others turned their attention to him.

''It's ok, by the looks of it, it's your first time experiencing something like this. That's pretty normal reaction, I was the same, when I first went to an amusement park. Most of us here were from not so well backgrounds before Cakewalkers took us in or hired us. Some of us where mercenaries, some were adventurers, some from different places.... Of course there are plenty from good backgrounds, but still.*Sigh* Ok enough about that, we have job to do, so take these and remember the schedule.'' The driver took out black earpieces, that were connected with special cannel, so they can have fast and precise information exchange. Everyone that are here to protect the Cakewalkers has these earpieces. 

The schedule he was talking about was, when each team protects Cakewalkers. They were split into teams and one team follows the Cakewalkers. But as their at the amusement park, some of them may want to have some fun. So they made so that everyone can have some, by dividing the job.

Lucies team for this job, consisted of Team Zero, so it didn't change, and their team was 4th. There were 32 bodyguards including them, and 8 teams. So their shift was in the middle.

Lucie and others took their earpieces from the driver, and equipped them and turned them on. 

''Ok, until your shift you're free to do anything you want to.'' The moment these words left drivers mouth, Lucie and co went straight for the  attractions.

Between the parking lot and all the attractions, where another gate, where Lucie and others needed to put on a special wristband, that shows if some mana leaves your body. These wristbands are needed, because many of the attractions are made so that you aren't allowed to use any form of magic, or some special abilities. Of course these wristbands aren't perfect, because someone like Lucie can use her ability and the wristband  won't detected.

So they put on their wristbands, and went inside. 

The amusement park was huge, there were many colors and lights around them, stalls full of sweets and entertainment. As they were looking around wondering where to start, something got Lucies attention.

It was big plushy toy, in the form of a white fox. It looked really fluffy, and Lucie wanted it. She went at the stall that had it, and it looked like it was one of the grand prizes, for this stall.

This stall was runned by a man who was balding. Lucie looked around to see what you needed to do in this attraction, she found out that using something like a bb gun, she needed to knock down some wooden targets. The targets were different in size, mass and how far they are from the shooting area.

For her to win the grand prize she needed to shoot down the furthest target there is. Not only was the target far away it was incredibly small.

''One round please.'' But Lucie still wanted to get here hands on the cute fox. So she went up to the stall, and bought a try.

''Here you go. You have 5 shots.'' The man gave her the gun, with loaded 5 shots. 

Lucie took a position and aimed at the furthest target. 

*poom*

The first shot was shoot. Lucie found out that this hun isn't really powerful, so she needed to aim little higher, so her first shoot was a miss.

*poom* *tut*

After correcting the angle she shoot the second shot, but the target didn't move.

'What, did I miss?'

Lucie was little confused, because she was sure she hit the target. After bit of confusion, Lucie took the position and shoot again.

*poom* *tut*

Again the third shot was the same as the second, target was hit but it didn't fall down. Now Lucie was getting suspicious. Once, maybe there was a mistake, twice that's kind of suspicious, especially Lucie with her ability.

''Master the man is cheating.'' As Lucie was thinking what was wrong, she suddenly heard Alices voice in her earpiece.

''Ohh, do tell, how he's cheating.'' Lucie had some suspicions, but she wasn't 100% sure that the man was cheating, but thanks to Alice she was fully sure now.

''He is pressing a button under the table. The button is connected to the targets base that holds it straight, usually the force from the guns ammunition would be enough for the target to fall, but pressing that button he makes so that the target is incapable of falling.'' (Alice)

''So, basically he is making the target impossible to shoot down.'' While Lucie was listening to Alices explanation, she could see the man smirking, through her eyes corner.

''Would you like me to disable this system, Master?''(Alice)

''No, it's good. Let's do a little mischief, and have some fun.'' Lucie rejected Alics offer to help, because she wanted to have some fun.

Lucie again took the same shooting position, but this time she had a smile on her face, different from the one she had before. 


~??? POV~

Today was the same as every day for him, he opened his stall, and waited for the costumers to flow in. The day was going just fine, until four beauties came up to his stall. 

''One round please.'' The one to ask him was lady with straight black hair and black eyes, the other three just went and stood on the side.

''Here you go. You have 5 shots.'' He loaded the gun with five shots and gave the gun to her, and then moved to the side, so that he isn't in front of the targets.

He saw the dark haired women taking a position, ready to shoot.

*poom*

He saw that the first shot missed, it didn't even touch any of the targets, but he saw that it was really close to the grand prize target. Seeing that he started to press the button under the table. He needed to hold this button, so that the target doesn't fall down.

*poom* *tut* 

The lady shoot another time, but this time it was direct hit, so he was glad that he started to hold the button. He saw some confusion in the ladies black eyes, and he couldn't but smile a little. This isn't the first time he has done this, others may say that this is unfair, but he didn't care. He likes to make profit, so he uses these kind of tactics, and the best part is even if they knew that he is doing something wrong, they can't prove it.

So he was happy and proud of doing this, for him this is easy money.

*poom* *tut*

The lady shoot her third shot, and the result was the same, the target didn't move. While she was confused, he was getting smug. So he was waiting for her to use her last two tries, because usually people want to go for another round, so that they don't go empty handed.

He saw that this time it took a while longer before she was ready for another shoot, but he wasn't impatient so he just waited with a smile plastered on his face.

When the lady took the position, and was ready to shoot he saw that her smile was different, and for some reason he felt chills go down his spine, and he saw the other three ladies, that were with the black haired one, were looking at him, with some pity in their eyes. But he just dismissed that, thinking nothing of it. But that was a mistake.

*poom* *tut*

Like the last two shots, it hit the target but the target didn't move. But there was a difference, it was that the metal projectile hit the target in an interesting angle, so the projectile started to rickashay between targets, bouncing from one target to another, until...

*pack*

''Ahhh...''

It hit him in the eye. He grabbed his right side of his face, where his eye was, and screamed. Even though in this world people were stronger than people on Earth, eyes still were, very sensitive spot.

 As he was distracted, he heard another shot.

*poom* *tut*

This shot hit the target the same as the other times, but this time the target fell down. The stall owner was in trance when he saw that, he looked at the black haired lady, and saw her looking at him with her black eyes, as if he was her prey. And he started to sweet a little.

''I would like that white fox plushy.'' But before he could fully recover, the lady pointed at one of the grand prizes. 

''Yes.'' Without even thinking the man nodded, and gave her the prize she wanted.

As she received the prize, he saw her smile becoming wider, some people might think it's cute, but for him it looked like a demons smile. 

 

14