Chapter 14
396 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Tufffffffff~**tk*

*Crack* Lucie popped some bones when she got off the roller coaster, this was their fifth. Every time the drops got bigger and bigger, and the rides longer and longer. Lucie wasn't a fan of sitting in one place with nothing to do, she did have fun in the first two rides, but after that she got bored. Plus most of the time they spend standing in line for the rides, but they weren't so bad because the kids asked her some questions, mostly about the bot they saw. So it wasn't that bad.

''Get ready for change'' As Lucie was stretching she heard a command coming from the earpiece.

''Got it,'' Lucie answered and got ready to pass the mission to the next team in line.

It didn't take long before she saw a group of people coming this way, they exchange quick greetings and then changed their positions.

And now Lucie and her team were free for the rest of the time. They returned as previous, just wandering around and looking for something fun, but this time they went more for the big attractions than the stalls. They had some fun. One of the attractions they went was a log ride, and that was fun until they got wet through and through, of course, Emma doesn't count as she used her ability, to get all the water away from her. 

All in all, they had fun, plus Lucie had some more fun with cheating stall owners. But nothing big happened after they left Cakewalkers side.

So right now they were driving back from the amusement park, back to the mansion of Cakewalkers. The drive back is the same as the drive there, quiet, but this time they had different shofar, plus Mara with Aurora were sleeping right now both leaning on one another, while Emma was just relaxing. Lucie herself had thought about taking a nap, after all, it was quite a comfortable chair she was sitting on, but in the end, she decided to play her favorite game.

*pew**pew*...

Lucie played her game without minding the outside world, but that didn't last long. Lucie felt something was off, and she had a feeling, that she couldn't shake off.

''Alice, cameras.'' 

''Here.'' Now Lucie could see what nearby cameras were recording, in the cameras, Lucie could see the same formation of cars, that they drove to an amusement park, but this time Lucie and her team were right behind the limousine. 

Lucie started to look if something was off near them, but she didn't find anything suspicious, but she still trusted her instinct.

''Alice can you show cameras on next street over, on our right?'' The moment Lucie asked that, Alice switched which cameras footage she was seeing.

Lucie at the start didn't see anything suspicious, but as she wanted to ask Alice to switch cameras again, she saw five people on motorbikes. In the beginning, they didn't look suspicious, but then she saw, what one of them was holding in their hands.

''Fuck, Alice, take control of the car.'' The moment she saw it, she started to take action. It didn't take long for Alice to get full control of the car they are.

''Done.'' The moment Alice got control of this car, the Lucies phone screen showed something like a game console, with it, she could control the car. Lucie didn't wait a moment longer and made the car go out of formation, and drive it at full speed so that they can be next to the limousines right side back doors, to shield them. Lucie went full speed because they weren't far from the next intersection.

''Fuck, what are you doing!?'' The driver realized that Lucie was controlling the car, and he didn't take that well.

But Lucie didn't have time to explained before they crossed an intersection, and as they were crossing it, something was launched at them. It flew at them *tunk* and it struck the cars door on Lucies side, it didn't end there it got stuck in them, but Lucie didn't even blink before she took out her katana and slashed at the points where door and car were connected. When she got the door loose, she kicked it with full force.

The door flew some distance before,*BOOM* exploding in pieces.

*Scrichhh* And that made a commotion after all the street wasn't empty, there were plenty of vehicles and people, but even if Lucie did it fast she didn't endanger anyones life with this explosion. Of course, there were cars crashing in one an another, but there probably won't be many injured.

''We have an enemy attack, looks like there are five of them.'' While all that was happening, the driver gave notice about the attack, to other bodyguards.

They continued to drive but they changed their formation really fast, four cars on the limousines sides, two on each, and one in front and one at back. This formation was only used when they're attacked, because usually, it would violate some traffic laws.

Of course, the attackers didn't stop there, they started to follow them, and they were gaining on them. But Lucie didn't think about sitting and doing nothing. 

''Let's go!'' Lucie grabbed the cars roofs edge, and pulled herself up, and she quickly got on the roof of the car. 

As she got on the roof, she needed to find her balance, after all, she was standing on top of a moving car, and it wasn't moving slow, but it didn't take long for her to be fully stable, facing the road behind them.

*puf*put* Of course she had to get her black hair out of her face, as the wind was blowing from her back. Lucie took a hairband and made her hair in a ponytail so that it didn't hinder her too much. It didn't take long for Lucie to go through all that motion, only a minute max, but the attackers still were gaining and now they were pretty close to the last car in the formation. 

Cakewalker families bodyguards didn't just sit and watch, they used pistols to fend the enemy off, their pistols were similar to Lucies in the aspect of using both mana and solid projectiles, after all, the Cakewalker family owned a big company, so they could easily afford the expenses.

Lucie wanted to join the fun, so she took out her sniper, took aim, and, *Boom*.

The sniper roared, and a wind affinity bullet was shot, it went straight through one of the enemy's heads, killing them then and there. Now there were only three left because one was shot down by a bodyguard and the other was killed by Lucies sniper.

*BOOM**ssssfffffffff~**BOOM*

Now only two. Lucie looked down and saw Aurora smiling, while the wind messed up her white hair. Just now Aurora blasted another door from the car at the enemy, and it hit one of them. 

After seeing her smiling friend, Lucie got her attention back on the enemy, as she was taking aim, she saw one of them got killed, and the perpetrator was their favorite elf, Emma, this time, because he was killed by water shaped like a spear.

''Last one's mine.'' Lucie didn't have time to pull the trigger when *crash* Mara broke the cars back window and jumped out and on to limousine, and from it to the last car in formation.

''Mara can you get me one of their bodies and one motorbike?''(Lucie)

''Ok~'' Before Mara attacked, Lucie spoke her request.

Mara jumped from the car on the last enemy, in the air her nails turned to claws, and her beautiful purple eyes turned like predators. She jumped in front of the driver, and slashed their neck, with Maras strike they died in seconds and she put the body in her storage ring. Before the motorbike could go out of control and fall, Mara jumped making a flip back to the car, and at the moment, in her flip, when her head was down she starched her arm, touching the bike and putting it in her storage ring.

Mara returned back the same way she got there.

''That was kind of fun,'' Mara said while getting her purple hair strands out of her face. 

Lucie herself put her sniper down, which she only used once this time, she hoped to use it more, but this time she will just accept it. After putting her sniper away, she got back in her seat, and after sitting down, she made her hair back to loose.

~Driver's POV~

They were driving back to the mansion from the amusement park.

*pew*pew*...

The driver heard some noses from one of the girls that sat in the front, but at one moment her phone didn't make any sound, but it wasn't anything abnormal, so he just did his job. But that didn't last long before he lost control.

'What's going on?' He thought as the car went out of formation, and picked up speed.

He didn't know what was going on until he saw that Lucie was the one controlling this car whit her phone.

''Fuck, what are you doing!?'' Realizing the culprit, he couldn't be confused and mad, because she just took control without saying anything, and she even left the formation.

*tunk* But before he could ask more questions something struck one of the doors of this car. The next thing he saw was, how Lucie cut off the door and kicked it away,*BOOM* and the door exploding.

Even with all that happening he still saw the ones that attacked them, they were turned at them, and there were five of them, each on a motorbike.

''We have an enemy attack, looks like there are five of them.'' While the explosion made a commotion he ignored that and reported the enemy.

 The next moment he got back the control of the car, and he started to act by the protocol, he only saw that Lucie jumped on the roof, and after some while *BOOM* he heard some kind of firearm shooting.

''Mara, help me a bit, and hold me for a bit.''(Aurora)

''Got you.''(Mara)

They were talking about something in the back, but he didn't really care he just continued to do what he needed, until *kkrrkkrr* the sound was as if something was crushing metal *tunk* and then something getting loose.

He turned back to see what's going on, but he didn't expect to see one of them leaning out of the car, with one of the cars doors in her hand.

''HEY! What are you doing whit that!?'' They were demolishing the car he was in charge of, now he was kind of pissed.

But he didn't get the answer he wanted, he only saw that girl punching the door and it launching back with high speed and then smiling.

''Thanks.'' Aurora thanked the purple-haired beastkin, for helping her. And she got a thumbs up from her companion.

Next was the blond elf, fortunately, she just opened the window like a normal person, and shaped some water in the form of a spear, and launched it at the enemy. The water probably came from her storage ring, because it didn't look like magic.

''Last one's mine.'' He then saw Mara, looking at the back at the enemy, and the next moment breaking the cars back window.

''WHY?'' He really was frustrated she didn't need to break the window, because of her athletic abilities that he saw, she could easily climb out of the broken doors, or more precisely spots where there were doors.  

The whole thing didn't take too long, and after Mara accomplished what she wanted, she crawled back through the hole she made. After a short moment, their leader was back in her seat too.

'What is wrong with these people?' He wanted to scream because he will be the one who has to report how the car was damaged to this state back at the mansion.

''It's kind of windy.'' After this comment from Lucie, he was ready to drive in to a ditch, but he still had a family, so he didn't listen to his impulse.

~ Lucies POV~

The rest of the way back was normal, without any more attacks or action, well except that the car they were in had some missing parts. 

Right now Lucie and her team were gathered in her room.

''Mara could you take out the body please.'' (Lucie)

With a nod, Mara took out the body of the person she killed, from her storage ring, and it made a mess as the blood got on the floor. But it soon was cleaned up as Emma used her ability, she made all the blood in a floating ball and stored it in her ring.

''Now then let's see.'' With a smile Lucie started to search the body, ''Oh, found something.'' the first thing she found was a little bag, similar to their rings it had storage capabilities, but the bag was lower level than their rings, so the space inside the bag was smaller than their rings.

Lucie put her hand in the bag to search what's in it, and it didn't take long for her to pull out all of the bags content. There were plenty of miscellaneous items, clothes, potions, pills, and plenty more, but there was one item that got Luices interest.

This item was black and had a metallic feel to it. It was shaped like a cylinder about 15 cm in length and about 2 cm wide. On the side, there was a dark red button.

''Interesting.'' Lucie started to inspect it, but she didn't find anything that could help her identify what it was, she had some idea what it could be, but she couldn't be 100% sure.

''What's that?''(Aurora)

The others were looking at it too and had no idea, except Emma, she had something in mind of what it could be, but same as Lucie she wasn't too sure.

''Let's find out.'' As none of them were sure what it was, Lucie did the only logical thing that came to mind at that moment, she pressed the button and threw it away as far as she could. Even though they were in a room it was spacious, so it was some distance from them. 

After the cylinder landed a light gray dome was created, with the cylinder being the center. The dome was about 2 meters in radius, so none of them were affected by it, as they weren't in it.

Everyone was looking at the gray dome that was somewhat translucent, little stunned, well except Lucie she just looked at it with interest in her black eyes. 

Lucie wanted to go closer to it, to see if what she thought was right, but before she could do that, ''What is wrong with you!?'' Aurora grabbed her by the shoulders and started to shake, ''It's- ok-ay-,se-e-e-e-e, we-e'r-e fi-i-i-n-e-e.'' Lucies world started to become too distorted for her liking, so she needed to ask few times before Aurora stopped shaking her.

After Aurora stopped shaking her Lucie had some problems standing for a short while, after all, Aurora with her dragonkin blood in her, plus being Tier 3, had rocked Lucies world real good. So Lucie used her as support, as she needed some kind of support if she didn't want to kiss the floor.

''Yes we're fine, but it could've been some kind of weapon, including explosive.'' (Aurora)

Aurora wasn't really angry she was just bewildered by Lucies carelessness.

''Look, nothing happened so everything's fine, but even if it was some kind of bomb... we would probably be fine, plus I had some inkling of what it is.'' Lucie started thinking in the middle of what she was saying, after all, if the explosion was big enough they would have some injuries, of course, it needed enough power, plus it could have been something else, like gas, or electric shock. 

''So enough of that, let's check out what is this.'' Even though Lucie said that the translucent gray dome already was a big indicator of what it is, but Lucie wanted to be sure.

Lucie walked right into the gray dome. Lucie didn't feel anything, nothing changed, but the moment she wanted to use her ability or enchant her body with mana she couldn't do it.

''Looks like my intuition was right, this is M.B.Z.''

Hi, I'm back. How have you been? 

I don't know how to write these kinds of things so just bear with me or just skip my note.

So for those that are interested, from now on, I will try to make weekly uploads. Some may realize my later chapters are shorter than the first few, and that's because my ambitions were bigger than my capabilities. But as always in life there are things you need to do gradually, well at least that's what I took from this.

Now if there are some curious people among you why I was gone so long, well... health issues, nothing crazy or bad.

Well, that's all from me, and thanks for reading!

 

8