Chapter 18
406 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''Come and join our crystal research club...''

''If you are interested in history join us...''

''...our club will welcome you with open arms...''

''...art of explosion...''

''...death...''

Right now Tom and Eliza were walking through the first floors hall, while Mara and Emma followed them behind. As the first floors hall was big, it was used for club booths, where clubs could introduce what their clubs were about. It was a yearly event, every year on the first day of school, the clubs were allowed to set up a booth on the first floor, so right now they were on the first floor and looking around. There were so many different clubs that it was kind of exciting.

There were different kinds of clubs that ranged from sports and research to more... interesting ones. They could see from time to time a club or two that they were a little surprised existed, for example, one was about researching and comparing beastkin tails, it was so specific it was surprising. And the more surprising thing was how serious they were about that, because...

''OW!''

''Sorry about that I just wanted to have a sample of your tail's fur.'' At one point someone pulled out some fur from Mara's tail, just out of nowhere.

But the moment Mara looked back to see the perpetrator, she saw three students with books, a transportable microscope, and some more tools she wasn't too sure what they were. And right now they were looking at the fur they got from her tail. 

Mara's scream attracted the attention of the other three who were in her group, and when they turned to look at her and saw she was looking behind her, they too saw the three students.

''What do you think you're doing?!'' Mara was perplexed and kind of pissed, after all, beastkin tail was sensitive, and it wasn't comfortable if someone just pulls some fur from it, plus it was sudden and with no explanation.

''Look I told you she wasn't from the gem species, there are no particles, and even if we couldn't exam her tails fur you could still tell by her eyes.''

''You can't be sure after all there have been instances that eyes are different from the norm, but this is intriguing, what feline sub-species she is?''

''I wanted to say she's from pocket tiger tribe after all their size sometimes differs from the norm, but then we could see the stripes on the hair of her fur through a magnifying glass, after all, she doesn't look to be 18.''

''Is she mutated.''

''She could be but the question is what is her ancestry from which she mutated because there should be some resemblance with it.''

''Her tail has no signs of splitting so she couldn't be from the nekomata tribe, maybe she's from a strength-oriented tribe like panthers.''

''No, look her tail is more narrower than theirs, plus the tail would be more robust.''

''Hmm... interesting, truly interesting.''

The three students were in their own world and didn't see the four people that were looking at them with confused expressions on their faces, and so the seven of them were just standing in place, lucky for them the hall was big so they didn't hinder anyone, but they did get looked at from time to time.

''Let's go I don't think we will get anything from just standing here.'' Emma broke the silence with her suggestion, and others agreed with her, so they walked in the direction they earlier were going.

They left the three tail-enthusiasts who still were inspecting the fur.

*******

*knock* *knock*

A boy in a black uniform with some golden edges, he was standing in front of a white door. The boy had dark hair and dark eyes, he was a beastkin, you could tell by his goat-like horns and the little tail.

''Come in.'' From the other end of the door, he heard a clear feminine voice.

''Excuse me.'' The boy went in and closed the door behind him, in front of him was a room full of bookshelves on the side, a red carpet on the ground, and a big long table in the middle.

''Oh, Alex it's you, how's the situation.'' The one speaking was a lady with wave golden hair the reached her lower back. But that's all you could see from the boy's view point, as there were three screens around the lady, and they were in front of her.

''As usual, everything is going as planned without any disturbance, except the little incidents here and there, mostly from the clubs.''

''Good to hear, and how's the situation with 'incident S'?''

Usually, the only incidents that happen are 'made' by the clubs. Like the slime incident, it was a popular one, because every year one way or another a slime would get loose, at it usually was the slime research club's fault. Of course, there were other incidents that happen around the school every year, but not always there was an incident where someone threatens the students, but this time there was one that maybe fell in this category.

They weren't too alarmed as this was MCS, but still, you can't be 100% sure of the attacker's capabilities, but as the threat wasn't too big right now, they just keep watch.

The 'incident S' was an incident where someone was pointing a weapon at some students from time to time, the weapon looked like a sniper. They don't know why they are pointing a sniper at their students and some people around the school, but they keep each of them just in case.

''The target hasn't shoot anyone and has put their weapon away. We found out she has another companion with her, but it doesn't seem they are going to attack or be a threat at the moment.''

''I hope so. But we still need to keep an eye out, after all, it's better to be on guard than let your guard down just to regret it.''

''Yes. Well, I'll be going back to my post.'' 

''Alright.''

With his report finished Alex was ready to go back to his post. But till the end, the other person didn't take their attention from the screens as they were in charge of making sure everything was in order, and today was the busiest day of the year.

*******

''Aam! Hmm, it tastes pretty good.''

''Indeed, the cooking club has some real skill.''

The four of them were now enjoying a dish made by a cooking club. Tom and Eliza were surprised by how good it was, they even were tempted to join the cooking club then and there just because of this one dish. But they realized that both of them were more interested in eating than cooking, so they controlled themselves. 

Mara and Emma were eating the same dish, but they didn't say anything. They had to agree that this corndog was delicious but they didn't express it.

While with this snack in hand they continued to roam the hall, by now Mara has mostly forgotten about the incident with the three students. As they were going by different booths they saw one that had students in black uniforms around them as if guarding the booth.

''What's up with that one?'' The first to see this oddity was Eliza. Seeing this she attracted the other three attention to where she was looking.

'' Slime research club?'' It was a booth that belonged to the slime research club.

''What's going on here?'' 

''Oh, you're probably new here, so here's advice, don't get too close to that booth.'' The one answering Eliza's question was a blond boy who was just passing by.

''Hi, I'm Jack.''  The boy introduced himself while stretching out his right hand for a handshake.

''Nice to meet you, I'm Eliza.'' Eliza was first to return the greetings, and Tom followed after his sister.

''I'm Tom.''

''So, can I ask you what's going on there.'' After the greetings, Eliza asked a question for Jack, as she was curious about the situation that was going on there. After all, this was the first booth they saw was surrounded by these black-uniformed students, and even the other booths were some distance away from this one.

''Sure, this is something like a yearly event. The slime research club likes to display their newest creations or discoveries, and it always involves a slime, but for some reason every time the slime somehow gets out of its containment. Sometimes it's nothing much, but other times it could bring a disaster. So usually it's guarded by them.''

Eliza looked at the students with black uniforms and somewhat understand the situation now.

''Them?'' But Tom was interested in those students, they looked kind of impressive.

''Student council, they are the ones in those black uniforms. The student council is responsible for keeping order in this school, except for some extreme incidents where there is a need for teacher involvement they deal with problems. The student council is composed of the best in school, after all, they are the ones on the top if you exclude teachers and the principal.''

Tom and Eliza were looking at the black-uniformed students with awe, but as they were looking and admiring them something happened.

*BOOM*

11