Chapter 19
338 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*BOOM*

As both twins were looking at the black-uniformed students, a loud sound was heard. The sound came from the same booth the student council was surrounding, the slime research club's booth.

''Looks like this year, it starts with a bang.'' While both Eliza and Tom were looking at the booth surprised by what just happened, Jack looked totally calm and collected. 

These two kinds of looks and expressions were visible all around them, the new students and some from the second year are looking with surprised expressions, but older students were looking at it as a show, without any surprise visible on their faces. But it's understandable after all it's a yearly thing, then people who study at MCS for years are already used to it.

''Got it!'' But before anyone could fully see what was happening, it was over. The one who said it was one of the council members, and right now he had both of his hands outstretched in front of him, and about two meters from him there was a floating ball made out of rocks.

''...well that was anticlimactic, but I guess it's better this way.''

The action ended before anyone could take it in. But even though it didn't bring the entertainment that some were expecting it still was better that it ended before any big damage could be done.

''To be honest I expected something more...'' (Tom)

''...big, extreme, exciting, interesting? Me too.'' (Jack)

''But as you can see, this year it looks like everything is under control, and I think it's better this way.''

''Well, I can't disagree with that but still, I kind of wanted to see more because of how it started with that loud bang.''

''I have some stories about some incidents from past years, which I either saw myself or heard from others. So if you want I can tell you some of them on the way.''

''Thanks, I would really like to hear them.''

''Well then, one of the stories that come to mind is the one about heat-seeking water slime. This particular slime didn't do much damage, at least in the physical sense. Normally water slimes prefer colder places, but this one was modified so that it liked higher temperatures than usual. That year there wasn't a big boom or some big commotion when the slime escaped, and because there wasn't one no one really knew the slime was gone before one of the members from the slime research club looked more carefully at the container the slime was in, or at least where it should be, and saw that something wasn't right, so after some checking, they found out the slime was gone after all the slime is practically invisible in water, and they kept it in water...''

As Jack told the story, Tom and Eliza were listening to him tell the story carefully. While both of them were listening Emma too was using some of her focus on what Jack was telling, while Mara on the other hand wasn't paying attention to that at all, her attention was somewhere else as she was looking in a different direction. And while Mara was distracted the story went on.

''So after that they couldn't find it no matter how much they looked for it. They found it only some weeks after, the place they found it was in the school's swimming pool. And the only reason they found it was because of its nature, its attraction to heat. The swimming pool was used every day by people who had classes there, and every day some of the people told teachers or other classmates that something has been stuck to their bodies but when they stepped out of the water it was gone. So because of the complaints and it got attention from student council, and later it was found out it was the doing of previously escaped water slime.''

''Now the worst part was that the slime while seeking the warmest place sometimes got in students swimsuits, and as it that wasn't enough it tried to... get further in, making some of the victims traumatized, both females and males.''

It took Tom some time before he got it, for Eliza too it wasn't instant but she still got the meaning behind it faster than Tom, making them shudder a little bit.

''Of course, not all stories are like that, some are more tragic. For example gluttony slime, it ate everything and grew bigger the more it consumed, and practically nothing was effective against it. The slime was only stopped because one of the teachers destroyed its core, but even then there were many injured and some even lost a limb or two. It had grown massive before the teacher arrived. The reason for its size was because it devoured every magic that was thrown at it from the students...''

Eliza and Tom got more surprised as the stories went on. Jack told them about incidents like, hellfire slime, iceage slime, acidflood slime, and plenty more. While many stores were full of horrors, some of them were straight-up comedy.

Eliza asked Jack why was a club that brought so much trouble to this school still allowed to exist, and the answer to that was because many of the slimes they create or modify have valuable cores that can be used in many ways and no one until now has died from all these incidents no matter how surprising it was.

Emma who was walking few steps behind them was also intrigued by the slime stories, but even then not all of her focus was on the stories. Some of her focus was on Mara, because she could tell something was bothering her. 

But even then Emma didn't pry because she knew if Mara wanted to tell her she would.

 

Hi hi!

For those who waited, for those who didn't care, and for those who cursed me for just disappearing randomly, I'm back.

I have returned from my great battle against the one named life. As I sit here and announce my great victory while enjoying milk and cookies, I bestow to you this chapter dear reader. So to celebrate my return.

Now for those who want a more normal explanation. Well, this and that happened so I couldn't really update. I tried writing something but nothing of good quality was written, so ye I'm back. This chapter is kind of short but don't worry the next will have the normal 2000 words, well at least around that number.

Thanks for reading!

7