Chapter 20
542 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''Woahhh~'' The one who exclaimed in surprise or admiration was Mara, but although she was the only one who expressed her emotions out loud, the other three were the same. Twins had their eyes wide open as they looked around, so anyone could easily tell that they were mesmerized by the view, on the other hand, Emma didn't look in any way surprised, and that is because Emma can easily hide her emotions, but Mara could tell that Emma was impressed by this view that was in front of them, thanks to her heighten senses.

Talking about the view, in front of them there was a big room, the sheer size of it was enough to make some of the newer students stop in their tracks and admire it. But the hall's size was only the beginning. The stage, and the podium, where presumably will be the place someone talks, were finely decorated with gems and some precious metal. Although there were plenty of different gems and metals it wasn't overwhelming, it wasn't as if it was all slapped on just to show the wealth, no it was like every piece had its place, and removing or adding anything might just ruin it completely, it was like art made out of gems and metals.

And the final thing that stuck out was the ceiling, it looked like it was raining gold. Looking up they could see a spectacle where it looked like the hall was full of golden droplets. Mara focused on this interesting scene and saw what made it, on the ceiling, there were little tear-shaped gold pieces, plus there were mixed in some light crystals about the same size as the gold pieces, making it look like golden rain.

While they were looking at the hall and taking in the spectacular sight, they were looking for seats at the same time, because they weren't the only ones here. The hall was full of people, and plenty of them were already seated, so finding a seat wasn't that easy and the hall's size didn't help. 

Although they needed to walk some distance they finally found seats. The seats were the size of two seats put together, it was so that the students could sit with their servants if they so wished. Mara liked the seats because the moment she sat down she felt how comfortable the seats were, if she didn't need to protect the twins right now she probably wouldn't think twice before taking a nap.

While enjoying the comfort Mara slowly recollects all the things that happened today, for her it was kind of an interesting day, from some crazy people who pull out other peoples fur to intriguing stories about slimes. She still remembers some clubs they passed while going to this hall. There really were many different clubs, even something like the Sleep research club exists, although there were more bizarre clubs, this one piqued her interest quite a bit.

And the stories about slimes that Jack told them, some of them being funny but some gruesome. But they split up with Jack at one point as he had to do something, it was kind of unfortunate as the twins liked these slime stories a lot. 

And now they were here, sitting and waiting for this school's ceremony to start.

*mumble* mumble* *mumble*... While Mara was thinking about her day, the crowd slowly got quiet while looking at the stage.

Turning her head in the same direction she understood why they became so silent, it was because right now there were five people were visible on the stage. They were sitting on some chairs that came from who knows where, and they all looked like they were staff from this school.

What caught her attention was a middle-aged man sitting in the middle, he didn't look out of the ordinary, but what caught Mara's attention was the brooch he was wearing. The brooch was bright red with a blue P in its center. It drew her attention because the person who has the brooch is the principal of this school.

Although Mara doesn't know much about this school or schools in general, she still has some basic knowledge, and she knew that every school in the world has some kind of item that lets you know who is the principal of that particular school.

So by the looks of it, this middle-aged-looking man was the principal of this school, and it looked like he was waiting for something or someone as it was clear he wasn't the one who will deliver the speech, at least not for now.

*tuck* *tack* *tuck*... While Mara was still swimming in her thoughts, a reverberant sound of footsteps appeared. Looking up Mara saw a woman in a black uniform with ruby red edges, it was similar to the uniform that was used by the student council. As she walked her high heels made enough sound that could be heard from quite a distance, with every step she exuded confidence, each of her strides making her long golden hair jump a bit.

She greeted the principal and the others that were sitting with him before she took her place at the podium. When she walked up to the podium she looked like she belonged there as if it was perfectly made for her. With her golden eyes looking at the hall, scanning the people who were there. 

''I congratulate all of you, the students, who are here both the old and the new. As many of you know this school is the best in the country, it has many good resources in many forms, from great faculties to amazing teachers but at the same time because of this, this school will hold you to high standards and it won't be easy. As many who already have experienced the challenges, and those who will only start to face these challenges that you all will have to overcome, I hope you have the will to preserve in hard situations because this is not your house. In here you are a student and nothing more. If you fail that's your own fault. So be ready because this school was built for the elite, not someone with a wishy-washy attitude. To be here you need to prove your worth because this school's precious resources would be wasted on people who have nothing to give to this world. We don't care how good or bad your background is, or how many books you've read, or how strong you are for that matter, all we care about are the results. Show us that you are meant for greatness, prove to us that you are worth investing in. And I hope to see most of you here next year, and those in their last year to graduate.''

And that was all. Everyone including Mara was surprised after all the speech was pretty short and there wasn't much time to react before the woman was off the stage. Another thing was that there was no encouragement but straight-up 'prove you deserve to be here.', but even then with all this shocking speech it still lit some fires in people's hearts, the will to prove themselves.

Mara, as well as many others, didn't really understand how it worked but even though it was short it was effective. And while Mara was just looking at the stage with a blank face thinking about something again, Emma send this to Lucie, while at the same time people were slowly moving out of this hall.

*******

*tink*

While sitting on some building roof Luice got a message from Emma. Seeing what it was she was eager to watch it because she liked these kinds of opening ceremonies, where there was singing and dancing maybe some exciting speech that didn't put you to sleep, and more.

''Aurora come here!'' Lucie was eager to take a look at how this ceremony would be done by the NCS, and she wanted Aurora to see this too.

''What is it?'' Stopping in the middle of her little training Aurora moved closer to Lucie seeing her waving her phone around so energetically.

''Here look!'' Lucie opened the video of what Emma sent her and hit play.

''I congratulate all of you, the students, who...''

As the speech started and as Lucie got more and more excited the video ended.

''Huh?'' Lucie's excitement was replaced by confusion.

'Maybe Emma didn't send everything or the ceremony has not ended and she just send me the opening speech.'

As Lucie thought that, she sent a message asking Emma about it, but in return, she got a message that she didn't like.

[Emma: No, that's all.]

[Lucei: What do you mean that's all?]

[Emma: The opening ceremony ended and that was the only thing that happened.]

''What do you mean that's all, how could they do this to me, to students, to people who were expecting something great and never seen before. Who even is this girl with her flashy golden hair, that can't even do a normal speech, not to mention those five school staff that only came up there to sit there like some decoration, useless...'' While Lucie was having her moment Aurora was looking at her and thinking to herself if she should stop her, but she didn't need long to find the answer.

''I will show them how it's done, how to do a real opening ceremony and- ack!?'' Aurora grabbed Lucie by her shirt collar from the back, because Lucie has taken out her guns and was ready to barge into the school.

''Calm down.'' 

''Let me go, I need to teach them how it's done properly!''

''With guns in your hands? I somehow don't believe you.''

''But...but..but, they can't do this, it isn't fair, where are the songs, and dances, and the speeches that encourage you and makes your body all tingly.'' Lucie give up on ''teaching'' them and was now just limply hanging as Aurora held her.

''I have some questions especially about the last part, but still how old are you?'' 

''Age has nothing to do about it, I just like good speeches, plus I have some passion for singing and dancing.''

''You were going to ''teach'' them with your guns out, I'm no psychologist but even I know that that's more than some passion. So for your and other safety, it's best if I keep an eye on you until of course, I can give this task to someone else.''

With that said Aurora put Lucie back down and resumed her training while keeping an eye on Lucie.

 

10