Chapter 29: Injustice
456 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For a while, May cried, she looked devastated. Lucas, sitting next to her, thought about hugging her but felt that the two were not yet close enough for that. As he watched her cry, Lucas's mood slowly dropped.

After a while, seeing that May was still crying, he thought that he should at least approach a little and lend his shoulder, but as soon as he approached, May threw herself into his arms and hugged him tightly, her body shaking.

Slightly surprised, he also hugged her and began to massage her back gently. He had never been in a situation like this, but he knew it was the best way to calm someone down; a gentle hug. From time to time, he ran his hand through her straight hair, and little by little it seemed to take effect. Her body stopped shaking, and the sounds of her sobs slowly disappeared.

After a while, May finally calmed down and separated from Lucas, who smiled kindly when he saw her better. Seeing Lucas's smile, May felt a little embarrassed but said nothing.

The two were then completely silent. If it weren't for the cars passing by from time to time, you could even hear their breath, the place completely silent. May slowly opened her mouth and spoke in a hoarse voice.

"I'm sorry."

"You don't have to. I'm glad I was able to help calm you down. Don't be sorry for something like that. It's painful, right? If you want to cry, no one will stop you."

"..."

May again was silent when she heard those words, but she didn't cry again. Her mood seemed to have improved a little when she heard Lucas' words, as she quickly spoke again, this time in a slightly louder voice.

"Thanks."

Lucas smiled at that, but said nothing, he was waiting for an explanation of what happened. May started to speak when she felt she was in the right mood.

"I never came to this place. Since Sofia died, a lot of things happened, the memories were so painful... I couldn't see, hear or even think when it came to something related to her."

"All I knew about this place before today was from the lawyer who came to deliver what she left for me and Jonas. A warehouse on the outskirts of the city. It has been rebuilt in recent years."

"Before I came here, I talked to several real estate agents, and I found out more."

"But I didn't know that the warehouse that I had received from Sofia was THIS warehouse."

After saying that, May's mood dropped a little more and she was silent. Lowering her head, she put it between her legs and continued to speak.

"This is all so unfair... Why did all this have to happen to her? Why didn't it happen to me, instead?"

When he felt that May was going to start crying again, Lucas approached again, this time he took the initiative to hug her. Feeling Lucas's arms around her body, May also hugged him and said.

"I'm being comforted by a sixteen-year-old boy..."

Lucas smiled bitterly at this, but said nothing, he simply hugged her, wanting to convey positive feelings.

"Thanks again, you really know how to calm me down."

May said while still hugging him. She didn't quite understand, but feeling Lucas's hand running through her hair and back, she felt at peace.

"You know, Lucas, my sister was the most wronged person in the world... When she was a kid, she was abused by our uncles. At the age of fifteen, she told the family everything, and our parents, instead of siding with her, sided with our uncles, saying that she lied. Since then, she has received nothing from our family."

"She had to work since she was young to keep up, and yet she ended up becoming someone successful... She is my greatest pride, my incredible older sister. Unfortunately, thanks to our family, I remained disconnected from her for years, until that day came."

"Ten years ago, she was kidnapped. I was fifteen at the time, and when I heard about the kidnapping, I was desperate. We weren't close at the time, but we were sisters, we grew up together, so it was a shock for me."

"Even our family, normally indifferent to her situation, was concerned. Jonas was the most concerned of all. Being the youngest, he was always spoiled by Sofia. Her disappearance left him in tears."

"Two months passed, and there was no news from her, we thought she was dead. Fortunately, however, news of her finally arrived. At the time, there was a police officer who was desperately investigating the case. Someone close to him was also kidnapped. So, when he discovered Sofia's clues, he quickly called our family."

"He said he had found the location that she was probably sent to, and that he was going to check it out at that time."

"I took a taxi and ran there without even telling our family. When I arrived, it was a warehouse, THIS warehouse. I remember arriving and finding several ambulances scattered on this street. Every time, a person came and went through that door... Sometimes a policeman, sometimes a paramedic..."

"I tried to get in and I couldn't. I wanted news from my sister, and in the crowd, I met that policeman. We both entered the place, and when I arrived in that room, there was that iron ladder..."

"To this day I remember that iron ladder, it often appears in my dreams."

"The policeman and I waited, and now and then a paramedic came out of the ladder with a person. I looked person by person, my heart in my hand. According to the policeman, several people were killed in the underground. Some were kidnappers, others were people who were kidnapped, so I kept my heart in my hand every time, I didn't know if my Sofia was alive."

"When Sofia came out of the hole, she looked completely weak, her body all white. At first, I thought she was dead, and I started to cry. It was the most distressing moment of my life."

"Later, the policeman told me about that place. It was a base of operations for an organization that did experiments on humans, and Sofia was kidnapped to be used as a test subject... He said he received a tip from someone about the place, and when he arrived, everyone of the organization, including scientists, were dead."

"I don't know what they did to her body, it was never discovered, and she lived well after that, the doctors didn't detect anything."

"Then what you heard in the apartment that day happened... She was raped by Clovis."

May then recounted in detail what happened, the entire time hugging Lucas. Occasionally, she cited how unjust was the life of Sofia. Abused by her uncles, turned into an outcast by her family, she had to work early to eat and have her things, kidnapped and used in experiments, then raped by a son of a bitch, and finally died after giving birth...

Hearing this, Lucas thought that her life was horrible. Few aspects of her life were good, and the one with the greatest potential, Amy, she couldn't even appreciate since she ended up dying in childbirth.

After saying everything she had to say, May was silent, closed her eyes, and hugged Lucas. Tears started to fall from her eyes again, but her breathing started to become steady, she fell asleep.

Seeing this, Lucas sighed and waited a while. After judging that it was enough, carefully, he got up from the ground still embracing her and carried her to a better place under a tree, they were both under the sun now, he was worried that she would end up burning.

Sitting under the tree, Lucas was silent and enjoyed the breeze while thinking about what had happened.

'This warehouse was where Sofia was taken, and in the end, she bought it... How did this place go for sale in the first place? I didn't see it right, but it must have considerable underground space. It was also used by an organization that did experiments on humans... The government should have prevented this place from being sold.'

'According to what she said in the car before, it had a previous owner, and he renovated the building. Was he the one who closed that hole with the ladder? Was it closed before? Or was Sofia the one who closed? Why didn't the government close the place? If it was found by the police, it should have been banned.'

'More importantly, what does all this have to do with the Walker Sisters? According to what Katherine said to May, she nowhere mentions an underground place or an organization that did experiments on humans.'

'Was it a coincidence that it was in the same place? My mom may be connected to it all in some way too... What's going on here?'

At some point, May woke up. She was lying with her head on Lucas' legs. At first, she was embarrassed but tried not to show that she had woken up, she simply was silent thinking about what had happened.

'Why did Sofia buy this place? Did she want to know more about it?'

'In the first place, why was it put up for sale? The police should have closed this place, but the ladder is still there, it was closed by a floor...'

'I don't understand anything anymore.'

With a small sigh, she tried to calm herself, her thoughts still spinning quickly. After a few minutes, she felt it was time to leave, she didn't want to go back inside the warehouse.

'I don't need to look at this place anymore.'

Getting up from Lucas's lap, she simply arranged her clothes without saying anything. Key in hand, she went to the warehouse door and locked it. When she turned to leave, she remembered Katherine's request and said to Lucas.

"Can you take pictures of the warehouse?"

May was embarrassed, she couldn't even look at Lucas, so she took out her cell phone and handed it over with the key without even looking at his face. Lucas took out her cell phone and key with a smile. He took pictures of the entrance, of the walls, then entered the warehouse and took pictures of each of the rooms.

When he thought it was enough, he left the warehouse, closed the door, and found May inside the car.

"I took pictures of all the rooms."

Lucas got in the car and said. May took out her cell phone and key, and simply started the car, saying nothing more, she was very embarrassed. After all, she showed a very vulnerable side of her, a completely different side than what she wanted to show him. People always want to show their stronger side to others, especially when in front of people they like.

Lucas tactfully gave time for the shame to pass. In the meantime, he kept thinking about the fact that a lot was happening, and his inability to keep up.

First, it was the case with Katherine, he certainly didn't expect May to have a relationship with one of the Walker Sisters. Now this about the warehouse that has become extremely mysterious in his eyes.

'It was used by an organization that did experiments on humans, but it was also the scene of a life change for the Walker Sisters... And my mother seems to be the person who caused this life change...'

'It was the scene of such a big case, but the place was not confiscated by the government. Later, it fell into the hands of someone who remodeled the place, who may or may not have hidden the ladder, and then sold to May's sister.'

'Clovis seems interested in the place to hand it over to the Walker Sisters' younger sister, and her interest... It's probably just a whim.'

'Does it have anything to do with this organization? Did she know about that underground place or not?'

'What is a coincidence, and what is a connection?'

'This story is very confused, and I bet that who is more confused is May...'

May was also confused, her thoughts taking many strange paths. She was concerned that Sofia may have been involved in something dangerous, which may have resulted in her death. She always found Sofia's death during childbirth very strange. The death of Brandon, Sofia's husband, Clovis's brother, was also even stranger.

She followed it up, and apparently it was in a car accident, but the timing was just too coincidental. Soon after Sofia's death, not even two weeks passed, and the accident happened.

'I always thought it was a bad luck spiral, but maybe there is something behind it all.'

May thought as she drove the car aimlessly. The two had not discussed where they were going, so she was simply driving. Lucas tactfully left her with her thoughts and did not draw her attention to that fact.

After a while, finally noticing her blunder, she parked the car and said.

"We need to decide our course of action now."

"You decide, I will help you in the best possible way."

May was counting on Lucas' mystery, so she was pleased with his answer.

"Now that I know Clovis's reason, I have an advantage. If I can prove it, I can negotiate with him on an equal footing, but we have something even better: the warehouse. We can use this to ask Katherine to rescue Amy."

Lucas was liking May's words, she was treating them as "we", which means she saw him as at least a partner. Following May's thoughts, however, Lucas had a bad feeling about this Clovis. It is too much of a coincidence that he wants that mysterious warehouse right away, maybe it is not as simple as it seems.

"For now, I'm going to call Katherine and discuss this."

Picking up her cell phone, May sent the photos Lucas took and made the call. Katherine took the call very quickly.

"Oh, have you sent the images yet?"

"Yes, I already did. Tell me what you think. "

"..."

Katherine looked at the photos sent by May and replied a few seconds later.

"This is the warehouse... What do you want to do?"

"In exchange for the warehouse, could you handle Clovis?"

"..."

Katherine was silent afterward, May was tense with the silence. After a few seconds of suspense, she said.

"Come see me."

"Why?"

"It's complicated... I can't say much over the phone."

"..."

"Can I take Lucas?"

Seeing Lucas at the side, May asked.

"... It's all right. You know the address."

Katherine then hung up the phone, and the car fell silent. Lucas, who heard everything since he was close enough, said.

"You didn't have to worry about me."

"..."

May said nothing, she didn't want to admit out loud that having Lucas around made her more confident. She did not understand the reason, it may have to do with the fact that he had comforted her earlier, or about the mysteries related to him that made him mysterious and reliable.

Lucas said nothing, he just watched as May started driving the car again, this time with a clear destination.

...

"They are coming."

In a mansion on the outskirts of town, Katherine was in her white dress sitting on a chair. Beside her, a beautiful woman was also sitting. She looked to be in her twenties; tall, long pink hair, a beautiful, perfect face, breasts that perfectly matched her tall, lean body.

"What is the reason for Clovis to want the warehouse? I had already made it clear that I didn't want anything to do with him, I don't think he's stupid enough to believe that by simply giving me the warehouse I will fall in love with him."

"Taking into account the information we got a few days ago about the man holding the strings, I would say that he wants something from us."

Katherine responded to the woman's words, and she said.

"Your idea of ​​destroying the puppet first to pull the puppeteer out could not even be put into practice with this situation."

"Who would expect that I would find out about his actions so soon? I was going to use the restraining order to keep him away and wait for his next actions. Depending, I would just kill him, but now that we know he's after that warehouse, the story has become a lot more complicated. We need to be careful here, Sara."

"The man holding the strings is an esper with a special skill related to ants, and we don't understand how it works. If we neglect, we can end up dead."

"Don't even remember me. Thanks to that, for the past two years we've been using chemicals all over the property."

Katherine and Sara are powerful, have great influence in California, few can face them. Of those few, they have good relations with the majority, except for one person: Edgar Derosso, the leader of the greatest drug cartel in California.

Derosso was once enchanted by Sara's looks and tried to get closer, only to be completely rejected. According to Sara's investigations, she also found that he seems to have an interest in some of her assets, she just doesn't know which one.

In the past two years, the two factions, the Walker Sisters, and the cartel of Derosso have entered into many conflicts, they are already practically sworn enemies.

If it weren't for Derosso's strange ability, however, Katherine would have killed him several times already. Katherine's fighting power is too great, Derosso has no one who can fight her one on one. Because of that, in the past two years, Derosso has almost died at the hand of Katherine at least five times, but he always managed to escape because of his ability.

Katherine doesn't know much, she just knows that it has to do with ants. That's because whenever she went to kill him, he disappeared, leaving an ant behind. He was able to switch places with ants, like a teleport. With Katherine's sharp senses, there is no way she could not have noticed the ant that always appeared shortly after he disappeared.

Because of this, she had to take protective measures at the house. She didn't know if he could control ants, so just to be safe, she's been using chemicals in the house for two whole years.

After all this time, although Sara has gotten used to it, she still finds the smell of the house horrible, and since she spends a lot of time at home dealing with her work as a leader, she was the one who most felt the smell problem.

"Should I use my skill to investigate further about Derosso?"

Although Sara was smarter, and so has taken the role of leader for years, she always takes Katherine's opinion into account. Either out of respect for her older sister or out of respect for her greatest experience.

"It's no use, he already understands your skill. If you don't do it right, you will end up just sending people to their deaths."

"It is still worth trying. Although it is possible to counteract my abilities in some situations if you know how it works, in the end, it depends on the situation and his intelligence."

"If you insist... But I'm more concerned with this Clovis."

"He chased me for two years, and lately he's been very insistent. As we discovered days ago about his connection with Derosso, we can take into account that his current actions are following Derosso's plan. The question is, however, to how much time there is this link..."

"Do you think Clovis has this connection with Derosso since the beginning?"

"Yes, maybe. But it never worked, and knowing that Derosso knows about my ability, it means that Clovis may have been sent before he knew about my ability. Perhaps, in an attempt to deceive me..."

"Then when he found out it wasn't going to work, he kept Clovis aside, and it was only recently that he found a use for Clovis"

Katherine completed Sara's reasoning, who nodded and continued.

"Maybe he wants to make an exchange. We still don't know what he wants, though."

The two were then silent, thinking about their properties. From their jewelry to their properties, and nothing came to mind. Derosso, the owner of a large drug cartel, had more money than them, so it couldn't be money.

...

When Lucas and May arrived at the mansion, the two were surprised by the situation they ended up finding: As soon as they entered, they were subjected to a body search, then their cell phones were confiscated, asked to change their clothes, and were guided to a room where they sprayed them with a strange spray.

They just didn't understand what was going on. As they were visiting, they simply followed the instructions. Seeing the butler saying he was going to guide them to take a shower, they sighed, as this spray was too smelly.

After showering and putting on their normal clothes, they realized one thing: the smell of the spray did not go away. After smelling themselves, however, they realized that this smell did not come from their bodies, but from the house, which had the same smell, only a little weaker.

After showering and changing, they were finally guided to a large living room. Inside, the two Walker Sisters were waiting for them.

It was supposed to be a normal meeting, however, everyone, except Katherine, reacted strangely.

Lucas was dazzled by Sara's appearance, although a little disappointed since she hadn't reached his mother's level. For Lucas, Katia was the most beautiful woman in the world. He thought that Sara, who was praised by his mother, had similar beauty, but in the end, he was disappointed.

'Maybe it's not about appearance? I just feel that Sara is inferior, her appearance alone is very beautiful, I don't think it can be better, but I still have this feeling that my mother was more beautiful...'

Lucas thought as he looked at Sara and assessed her appearance. Honestly, in terms of appearance, he thought she was beautiful, but in terms of disposition and look, he thought May was more beautiful. May's body was also more erotic, Sara was thin and had big breasts, but they weren't as big as May's.

Lucas felt that May only lost a little to Sara when it came to her face, but it was a very small thing. May's face is beautiful, but Sara's was just perfect. Her skin was clear and clean, her eyes were deep, her nose was perfect, her lips were pink...

'If May takes that drug that I saw in the system the other day, I'm sure she will become more beautiful than Sara.'

He thought when he remembered a drug in the system that could cleanse the skin and refine the face. Rose bought one using much of the points she had accumulated by having sex with Lucas, and he noticed a small improvement, although not much. According to the description, it was possible to take three times before it was necessary to take a higher-level drug.

While Lucas assessed Sara's beauty, May's reaction was completely different: disbelief. She continued to look at Sara's face completely shocked.

'She is...'

May recognized Sara, and some things in her head fell into place. Looking carefully at Sara's facial features, she compared it to her memories and was finally sure.

'She is one of the girls who was kidnapped with my sister ten years ago... I remember seeing her being carried by a stretcher as soon as I arrived at the scene. That day was unforgettable for me, and it is hard to forget a pretty girl of my age with pink hair being carried by a stretcher from the place my sister had been taken when she was kidnapped... That day was too striking for me.'

'So she's Katherine's sister... And she wanted to buy that warehouse, just like my sister Sofia... They both had the same idea.'

May did not expect to find one of the victims of the case that happened ten years ago. Although she thought the sisters' story with the warehouse was too big of a coincidence, she didn't have time to think about that possibility. After all, even ten years ago, Katherine must have been very powerful, how was Sara kidnapped? That possibility didn't even cross her mind, she was more inclined to believe it was a coincidence.

While May calmed down from her shock, another person in the room had a similar reaction; Sara was also shocked. The target of her shock, Lucas, was still assessing her beauty.

Sara is a powerful and influential Esper, but unlike her sister, who is a combat Esper, her power focuses on something else.

Because of this skill, many organizations have fought for her. If it weren't for Katia, she would be under the command of some organization today, or dead. Her skill is just too valuable. Anyone who can understand the true potential of her skill realizes that they must have her as a subordinate.

The name of Sara's skill, which she named, is Suitable Worker, a skill that lets her know which person is capable of doing what job.

Her ability works like this: she currently has five slots, she can register five "jobs". If someone can do the job, a circle appears over the person's head.

With these slots, she can basically choose a job, and look for the person who can take care of that job. It may seem simple, but it was this ability that allowed her to become one of the overlords of the California underworld.

Usually, when she has a problem, she sets up "work", and looks for someone who can solve it. This skill allows her to be quite free when it comes to the "work", and because of the simplicity, it can be used in countless different ways.

For example, one of the ways she usually uses is, when she has a problem, she sets up a slot to look for someone who can solve her problem, or even look for someone who can find someone to solve her problem...

Her skill is just too powerful.

Ten years ago, she had a lot of problems using her skill; things like limitations, or failures... If big organizations knew how powerful her skill has become after years, maybe they would risk offending Katia.

Sara was shocked, at that moment, because of this ability. She usually keeps three slots free for her work, while keeping two slots for personal use.

Both slots have been configured for years, and never reacted. When she uses the skill, an X always appears in the first two slots on people's heads, which means that the person is not qualified for the job.

She set this up when she turned nineteen, that is, five years ago, and until today she had no reaction, no circle has ever appeared, although she tests these slots quite often.

Today, however, after five years of looking for the person for the work, she finally found it. Five years of effort finally paid off, so she couldn't be more surprised. A circle appeared in the first slot, finally.

'My soulmate...'

With an expression of extreme happiness, Sara looked at Lucas, her eyes shining more than the sun.

15