Chapter 35: Sincerity
415 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man was slightly surprised, but he didn't even blink at hearing May's question as they sat down. When he was planning to say something, however, someone knocked on the door and spoke without opening it.

"Sir, that young man, Lucas, is here looking for Maylin Angels."

"Okay, let him in."

The man answered behind the door and looked at May who looked more comfortable. A few seconds later, the door opened, and Lucas came in with a strange expression. When he saw May, he smiled and walked over.

"Hey, how are you?"

When May turned her face in his direction and he saw the bruise on her face, however, Lucas's expression went cold and he looked at the man in the room, who at that moment quickly got up from his chair with his mouth open in shock.

May was more comfortable with Lucas's arrival, and when she saw the angry expression on his face, she was happy inside.

'Hey, isn't he cute? Getting mad on my behalf.'

She thought as a small smile appeared on her face.

"Who touched her?"

Lucas asked in a hoarse voice, instilling fear in the heart of the man in suit, who at the moment was shaking slightly. He approached quickly and said it eagerly.

"C-Colonel Price?"

Lucas' eyebrows shot up as the strange feeling in his heart grew. He already suspected when he entered the place and saw a lot of cross-dressers, but he didn't expect his guess to be right.

He looked the man in the suit up and down, causing the big man to shake slightly, before finally saying it.

"Have we met before?"

The man swallowed his saliva in his mouth as he thought what words to use to answer, but Lucas remembered it before he could open his mouth.

"Ah, Major Miller! I hardly noticed it! True, you're using the original artifact so I can't see through you."

Lucas nodded with a satisfied expression when he realized who the man was. Looking at May's face, however, his cold expression returned and he said.

"Who hit her?"

The tall, strong man was speechless. So far, he hasn't even been able to speak properly, he was still trying to process Lucas' presence in that place and soothe his anxious feelings in his heart.

"Colonel Price..."

When he started to say something, Lucas raised his eyebrows and looked with disgust at the man, who quickly swallowed and said.

"It was a misunderstanding. Let's sit down and talk, so I can explain the situation."

Lucas still looked unsatisfied when he didn't sit down and continue looking at the man with the same expression. Major Miller tried his hardest to use his brain to find out what was upsetting Lucas when he suddenly remembered something and said.

"Ah, I beg your pardon!"

Straightening up, he gave a military salute and said.

"Major Miller at the behest of Colonel Price!"

Lucas nodded with satisfaction as he sat on the couch next to May. With his feet on the table and an arm behind May, he smiled arrogantly at Major Miller, who smiled bitterly and said nothing more as he sat down.

"Sir, first of all, I would like to congratulate you on the promotion you will receive in the coming days."

"I don't plan to accept."

Lucas replied without a single second of delay.

"But..."

"They decided on their own, I don't want this promotion. The objective is very obvious, I will not become their bridge."

Lucas didn't say it directly, but Major Miller understood it instantly. With a sigh, he thought about how complicated things are at the top of the army.

"I hope you haven't been offended..."

"With the surveillance around my apartment? I thought it was because of Maylin's daughter, but there's more to this, right?"

"Yes..."

"I'm surprised. You were watching us, but you didn't know it was me."

"The operation in the city is very large. Although guarding the apartment was important, my attention was taken by other details of the operation, I apologize. If I had known you were there, I would have gone quickly to find you to explain the situation."

"Before anything, go back to your original appearance."

Lucas said shortly afterward and Major Miller quickly nodded. From the pocket of his jacket, he took a pen and squeezed it. As if by magic, the big, strong man turned into a tall, beautiful woman with a ponytail.

"Much better. Could you tell me now what's going on?"

While the conversation was going on, Lucas was teasing May by the side, poking her in the arm or legs. Although she was following the conversation and had many questions, she knew it was not the time to ask and remained silent.

"Honestly, sir, I don't know how much I can tell you..."

"Then go ask the old fogy who's giving you orders."

Lucas said as he waved his hands casually. With a nod, Major Miller got up and left the room to make a call, leaving Lucas and May alone in the room. With an inquisitive look, she put her hands on her hips and asked.

"Do you want to explain, Colonel Price?"

"There is not much to explain. I was part of the army."

"But how can you be a colonel at your age?"

"Circumstances. Depending on the circumstances, even a baby can be a four-star general."

"What kind of circumstances could make this possible?"

May rolled her eyes when she heard Lucas's words. A baby general? You can only be kidding.

"I'm going to explain it in a very exaggerated way: Let's suppose that tomorrow God comes down into the world and says that a three-month-old baby has to be a general in the United States army. Who do you think, that across the country, could oppose what God says? As I said, circumstances."

She rolled her eyes even more at this absurdity. What kind of situation is this? With a laugh, she poked Lucas in the chest and said.

"So, do you mean that God went to the government and ordered you to become a colonel in the army?"

"More or less."

Lucas smiled bitterly when he saw the exasperated expression on May's face. How could he explain his circumstances to her?

When he was thirteen, he was sent to the army by his mother as a test. His goal was to do some missions, learn about life as a soldier, and train a group of soldiers. Lucas had never trained anyone, but with his experience with his training, it was not so hard.

For a year, he trained a group of fifty soldiers using his training as a base. It was hellish training for those soldiers, but they improved a lot in a short time.

At the end of his stay in the army, Lucas obtained the rank of Colonel.

As skillful as Lucas is, rank as a Colonel can only be given to older people with not only skills but also experience.

Giving him the rank of Colonel was just a favor to his mother, Katia. To call her Goddess on earth is not an exaggeration. No one can go against her. Wherever she goes, whoever is smart will think of ways to win her favor.

All governments have some kind of relationship with her. Some have a close relationship, such as the United States government. Others have a bad relationship, like for example the Nazi Germany of Hitler.

Because of his relationship with Katia, the United States government saw that Lucas was skilled enough, and without thinking too much, gave him the rank of colonel at the age of fourteen.

If it weren't because Lucas had no interest in being part of the army, he might even be a general in no time. He got the promotion, only missing the formalities, although he wishes to refuse.

Lucas does not want to be used by the government to approach his mother, not to mention that being part of the army does not have enough appeal for him. Also remembering that Katia died.

"If you were in the army, why didn't you help me before? My daughter is an esper, it is the duty of the army to protect the espers before they grow up."

"I only have a position in the army, I'm not part of it. They call me Colonel, but I have no responsibility, just the title and the authority it carries."

"When I heard about your situation, I wanted to help you, but I didn't want to get too involved and make you think that I'm trying to win your sympathy just to get you to bed."

May was silent on hearing this and felt unsatisfied. She felt Lucas was being too considerate. Any other man would have simply intruded and resolved the situation to win the woman's sympathy.

"What do you mean by that."

Sighing, Lucas took May's hand and said.

"Look, I'm not here looking for a pussy, I'm here looking for a woman, for a person. I want to go to bed with you, but I don't want to do anything that could harm our relationship from being more than that. "

"I know better than anyone what it is like to have someone interfere in your life. If I just came and worked it out, you would feel compelled to go to bed with me, and that's not what I want."

"I want you to want to have sex with me of your own free will simply because you like me."

"If you want me to help you, May, I will not refuse."

Lucas was very sincere in saying what he felt. He knew better than anyone that getting involved in the lives of others was not right. He lived most of his life with his mother controlling him, so he knew that one person cannot disrupt another's life by thinking that he is doing good.

He could have, from the start, offered his help, rescued Amy, and won May's sympathy if that were his goal, but that was not what he wanted.

11