Chapter 104 : Age of Volatility
929 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While I was observing out military training on Red town's training field, I heard galloping hooves towards us. It was weird as we rarely used horses here. As the galloping sound became nearer, the sound of horses neighing was heard. 

"The dark elves have returned!" The red haired Brita tapped my shoulder.

The three girls who I hadn't see for over 2 months were on horses. Aura, Sora and Ripine dismounted gracefully from their horses.

"Waaaa. Dark elves. Are they dark elves?" Irijina ran towards us. Come to think of it, I never told her about our dark elves. Like Irijina, I hadn't claimed the dark elves' bodies yet.

"Yes. We are dark elves. And who are you?" Sora answered while glanced at me, while her face was saying something like "You got another girl, huh".

"I am a proud knight from Arkland, Irijina Wolls!" She answered in high pitched voice while swaying her spear.

Other girls started surrounding the dark elves, hugging, asking them. They really missed each other.

I sent out the dark elves to scout for other kind of elves in the great forest between Goldonia and Empire.

After an hour of girl chatting finished, we dispersed. We returned to the mansion.

The 3 dark elf girls traveled to various parts within the great forest between Garland Empire and Goldonia. Going there, of course required them to stop by cities governed by feudal lords of empire. 

Firstly, they confirmed the news that the south eastern territories of empire had separated themselves about 6 years ago. Duke Ferelden had brought feudal lords there with him, establishing a new state, called Ferelden with him as the king. Since then, they had been engaging wars with the empire frequently, which explained why the empire had reduced their interruption in the southern countries lately.

There were low elves living in Ferelden capital but they didn't engage in military activities. Low elves had ears that closely resembled human and they they had no notable capabilities, causing them to be oppressed in the cities.

Low elves were a kind of light skinned elves.

There were generally dark elves and light skinned elves, which could be easily distinguished based on their skin colour. 

Light skinned elves were not limited to low elves. The 3 girls met light skinned elves who lived in various parts in that great forest. They lived in small tribes of around 100 person in each tribe.

These elves were known as forest elves and they isolated themselves from human. Unlike in the myth of my previous world, elves had the same lifespan as human. In this world, elves were just different race of mankind with different ear traits. Nevertheless, from what Aura said, light skinned elves had high proportion of them who could use magic. It seemed those elves who could use magic had high affinity with arcane and nature type of magic. 

Contrary to light skinned elves who consist large proportion of magic users, dark elves had high physical attributes.

Low elves were actually forest elves who over a hundred of years ago migrated to live among men. Abandoning world of battles, they earned living as peddlers, artists and farmers. After many years, they lost all their fighting skills. I believed the low elves, who inherited elven genes should possess the same talent as forest elves.

Maybe in the future, I should visit the low elves. They had better chance of cooperating with me as they probably were living under human oppression.

The dark elves also reported on the internal turmoil within large countries, empire and Goldonia, where the feudal lords had frequent skirmishes with each other, with neither the empire's emperor nor Goldonia king could stop the nobles from screwing each other. Noble families from another country were scheming against nobles of their countries by conspiring with nobles from another country. The girls told me  that domestic squabbles were hindering Goldonia, empire, and Re-estize's military campaigns.

In Re-estize, the noble families were now openly  pressuring the king. 

As for Treia, the royalty and it's loyal supporters were still safe for now as Count Reyes and Marquis Trump were screwing each other. 

I didn't sleep with any girl for several nights, as I had to concentrate on how to make the most out of the current circumstances.

4