CHAPTER 46 – Everything’s back to normal
2.2k 2 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry guys, I've had problems with my Internet connection and couldn't upload the chapters for the last couple of weeks, but! Here they are! (yes, double update today), also, I'll publish Sunday too as it's the regular chapter. These are the last two weeks' chapters.

Going back to Hogwarts wasn’t hard at all thanks to the merqueen. Soon, I was already back at the castle, on time to see everyone going crazy around the place.

The reason was obvious. Moments ago the petrified students and Madam Pomfrey came back to normal.

This, of course, included my friend Jake.

“Logan! Where have you been!?” Roger shouted as he ran towards me when I was going towards the Hospital Wing with anxiousness.

“Um, I was doing some homework back at the library.” I said as I scratched the back of my head.

“Really? But I didn’t see you there.” Roger said as he tilted his head. “And I was with William there doing homework too.”

“Yes? Sorry, we must have missed each other.” I answered. “Anyways, is it true?”

“Huh? Oh, right! I almost forgot! Come on! Jake is awake! William and Lyra are there with him. Even Johanne and Julie came to the Hospital Wing.”

“Let’s go then!” I shouted as I started running towards the Hospital Wing.

“W-Wait!” Roger ran behind me, but he wasn’t fast enough to keep up with me.

Soon, I found myself in the Hospital Wing, there were some students and even some professors, including Snape, Dumbledore, and McGonagall.

Looking around, I soon found Jake, who was sitting on his infirmary bed, with Williams, Lyra, Johanne, and Julie surrounding him.

{He’s indeed awake...} I thought as I moved closer.

“Logan!” William said excitedly. “Look who’s awake!”

“Yeah, haha.” I chuckled as I made it to the bed. “Hey Jake, seems like you’re already back with us, huh?”

“Hi, Logan...” Jake smiled wryly. “Yeah… It seems like I’ve been...”

“Petrified, Jake.” William said after Jake tried to remember the correct term.

“Yes, that. Petrified.” Jake nodded. “I’m still uncertain on what that is.”

“Let’s say that you were asleep as stone haha...” I said.

“That’s a really lame joke.” Jake chuckled.

“Ha… Ha… Yeah… A really lame joke...” Roger, who just got here after running behind me, said while trying to catch his breath. “By the way, Logan, could you please don’t leave me behind like that… You run too fast...”

“Sorry… anyways, it’s good that you’re okay, Jake. You got us worried there.” I said as I patted his shoulder.

“You should have seen this guy when he learned you got petrified.” William said with a chuckle.

“No kidding, he had this face of wanting to punch someone in the face...” Roger said, finally able to talk normally.

“Haha.” Lyra chuckled. “Come on, guys. He was just worried for his friend. Weren’t you the same?”

“Yes, don’t push it all on me. You two were also worried sick when you learned that Jake was petrified.”

“Look, the point here is that Logan got really sad when you got petrified.” Roger said as he rolled his eyes.

“We all did, Jake.” I said as I chuckled. “It’s good to have you back, though you’ll probably have a hard time catching up with classes.”

“I’m sure we’ll be able to reach an agreement, Mr. Taylor.” Suddenly, Dumbledore’s gentle voice sounded as he walked towards us. “It’s good that Mr. Evans here is safe and sound. Maybe some help from his friends will be enough for him to be up to date with his classes.”

“Yes… Thanks, Professor Dumbledor.” Jake nodded as he looked in awe at the old man.

“There’s nothing to thank me for, Mr. Evans, you should be saving those thanks to your friends.” Dumbledore said with a smile, before turning to me. “Also, Mr. Taylor, I must apologize for interrupting such a heartwarming moment, but there’s something we must talk about, both us and Mr. Nolan.”

“With Andrew, sir?” I tilted my head.

“Yes, precisely.” Dumbledore nodded.

“Can’t it be later, Professor?” I asked with a wry smile.

“You don’t need to worry about me, Logan. I’ll still be here later, you know?” Jake said. “There’s also William, Roger, and the others here.”

“Yes, just go.” Roger said as he made a shoo gesture.

“It’s not like you’re not coming back, right?” Lyra asked with a smile.

“It seems like your friends don’t have a problem waiting for you, and as Miss Grant here said, we won’t take too much of your time.” Dumbledore said as he nodded towards Lyra. “Now, if you would, Mr. Nolan is waiting for us outside.”

“Yes, Professor.” I said before going out, following Dumbledore.

Once outside the Hospital Wing, I could see that there was Andrew, alongside a blonde Hufflepuff that I’ve seen before. Penny. I’m pretty sure her name was Haywood or something like that, and she had a little sister too who… happened to have a close experience last year and was affected by one of the curses, and now she has this weird attitude that’s quite similar to Merula and another Slytherin student.

“Hey, Logan.” Andrew greeted me as I went outside. “I see you were also here.”

“Hi Andrew, Penny. Yes, came as soon as I heard my friend went back to normal.” I said as I greeted them.

“That’s good to hear.” Penny said with a smile. “It’s good that everyone’s back to normal.”

“Yeah.” I nodded with a smile. “So… what are we going to talk about? Andrew? Professor?”

“Not here, Mr. Taylor, let’s go to my office.” Dumbledore said with a smile, as he guided us three to the office.

Once there, I greeted Fawkes as the Headmaster went over the desk and sat down.

“Would any of you like some candy?” Dumbledore asked.

“No, thanks, Professor.” Andrew declined, and so did Penny.

“I would like a lemon drop, Professor.” I said as I nodded and extended my arm to receive the candy.

“So you have a tooth for sour things, Mr. Taylor.” Dumbledore said with a smile as he put away the flask with the candies.

“It may be so.” I nodded.

“Well, I guess we should talk, I’m sure you would like to go back to your friend, Mr. Taylor.” Dumbledore said before he crossed his finger in front of his face. “So, I assume all the presents here know the cause of the petrification, am I right?”

“The vault’s curse.” Andrew said with a stern look, while Penny had a worried face.

I just nodded at his answer.

“Indeed.” Dumbledore nodded. “The cause is the cursed vault. The last one, if my memory doesn’t fail me.”

“Yes…” Andrew said as he looked down, before turning to look up at the Professor. “Is there a chance that… ‘R’ got to the vault, Professor?”

“I don’t know, Mr. Nolan. But one thing is certain, something happened to it, and luckily, whatever it was, it broke the curse that fell on the students.” Dumbledore said. “Now, I would like to ask you, if you have found anything about the Last Vault.”

“Uhm… What do you mean, Professor?” Andrew smiled wryly.

“Oh, don’t think that this old man doesn’t know.” Dumbledore smiled as he looked over his glasses with his head slightly tilted down. “I’ve noticed the crescent interest my students had on the Last Vault.”

“Haha…” Andrew chuckled awkwardly while Penny looked away.

“So? Were you able to find something?” Dumbledore asked

“Not really, Professor…” Andrew sighed. “We had some clues, but nothing is certain yet. It’s probable that the Last Vault is actually inside the Black Lake… But we’re not entirely sure about it.”

“Mmm…” Dumbledore rubbed his chin. “The Black Lake, you say… Isn’t that interesting, Mr. Taylor?”

“Eh?” I tilted my head. {Don’t tell me…}

106