CHAPTER 69 – Hello Forest my old friend~
4.9k 20 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[That was a nice way to leave them to die, huh.]

‘I would call it… teaching by experience.’ Logan muttered as he laid down on his bed, the Invisibility Cloak laying down in a corner of the room, Logan trying not to pay too much attention to it, or the feeling it somewhat called him to it. ‘That way, they’ll learn not to leave their cover tool in a supposedly covert mission.’

[As long as you sleep well at night.]

Logan snorted as he decided to sleep.

Just that, he couldn’t manage to fall asleep.

[Having trouble sleeping? Is it your conscience?]

‘Not at all.’ Logan grumbled as he sat up. ‘Do you know how bothersome is to have your messages popping up in front of my face every time?’

[Is that so? Then should I stop giving you information or answering your dumb questions? I can certainly do that.]

‘Come on, don’t be like that… I was just joking. Joking~! I never tire out of your messages.’ Logan said with a small smile, and maybe a little bit of worry. ‘But no, to answer your question, I’m thinking about the cloak, or well, the Deathly Hallows.’

[...Because of the prompt?]

‘Yeah.’ Logan nodded as he was reminded of the prompts he saw after reaching his room.

[Congratulations! You’ve discovered a Deathly Hallow, one of the three tools granted to the three Peverell brothers! It is said that those that possess all three of them at the same time, are the Masters of Death.]

[100pts have been earned]

[Essence of Death has been found in the Invisibility Cloak. Your soul absorbed the essence.]

[Congratulations! Your inner beast has been slightly strengthened!]

[100pts have been earned]

‘Why my inner beast?’ Logan frowned as he remembered the last prompt.

[Well, whatever your animagus form is, it has something to do with Death.]

“You know that’s not precisely normal, right?” Logan muttered as he looked at the system’s message. “Heck, my wand has a thestral’s tail hair, which is also the guardian animal of my Patronus.”

[Not to tell that thestrals seem to listen to you quite well…] The system commented.

“That’s true.” Logan sighed. “At least they seem to listen to me more than Muninn… Talking about him, where the hell is that bird? Well, whatever, he’ll be fine.” He said as he put the cloak back on the table. ‘I hope nothing happened to the Invisibility Cloak…’ He thought, moving towards the bed. “I better try to get some sleep…”

***

“Damn, they’re giving him the cold shoulder.” Muttered Roger as he looked at the students at Gryffindor’s table almost glaring at Harry.

“He and two others lost their house 150 points.” Lyra shrugged. “They were raging once they woke up to so many points off at the same time.”

“What did they do to lose so many points?” Jake asked as he ate his pancakes.

“Apparently, they were caught outside at one in the morning.” Julie said with a chuckle. “They need to learn how not to get caught if they want to do that.”

“You talk as if you did all the time.” Roger raised an eyebrow.

“Of course not. I never go out outside of curfew.” She shrugged. “But!” She smirked. “We have one of the masters in our house, right?” She smiled at Logan.

“Oh come on.” Logan rolled his eyes. “I don’t do it that much…”

“...” Everyone just deadpanned at him, even some of the upperclassmen who happened to hear him deadpanned.

“Whatever.” Logan clicked his tongue as he kept eating his breakfast.

“It’s good that he never lost us any points.” An upperclassman said as others chuckled.

“If anything, most of the points we get come from him.” Another one said too.

“No joke, the guy gets us some good points.” The conversation continued on the Ravenclaw’s table.

‘Mm… I wonder, if I try hard enough, could it be possible for us to win the coup?’ Logan thought as he ate. ‘Nah, not possible. Dumbledore will gift the House Cup to Harry.’

After being caught, the poor Harry, Hermione, and Neville have had it really hard. Soon word got out that those three lost Gryffindor quite a big sum of house points. To the point where even those from Hufflepuff were giving him the cold shoulder. Those at Ravenclaw were more at ease, as not only the house had another one with trends of going for night walks, but the same one with such trends was the one that was netting them a lot of points, making it possible to almost reach Slytherin. If they somewhat managed to get the Quidditch Cup, then there was a chance for them to get the House Cup too.

On another note, Logan did return the Invisibility Cloak to Harry, who kind of asked him where he went when they were caught. He just shrugged and told them that he was hidden, and before Harry could say something about how he left them two hanging, Logan turned things around saying that it was their fault for leaving the cloak on the tower.

Times passed like this for the ‘Boy Who Lived’, and soon the time for the exams was getting close. “Mr. Taylor, if you could wait, please.” It was during one of these days that McGonagall reached out to Logan.

“Of course, professor. What’s the matter?” Logan asked as he, who was on his way toward the library, stopped.

“Well, Professor Dumbledore requested that you accompany a group of First Years on their detention.” McGonagall said, apparently not happy with the Headmaster’s decision. “I apologize for the inconvenience, Mr. Taylor, but Professor Dumbledore thinks it won’t be too problematic for you to add an extra layer of protection to the students.” She scoffed, probably thinking how it would be best to just send another professor alongside Hagrid.

“It’s not a problem, Professor McGonagall.” Logan said with an awkward smile, while inwardly he was wondering what the hell was the old man thinking.

“Well, please meet with Mr. Filch at eleven o’clock tonight. He’ll be waiting at the Entrance Hall for you, and for the students in detention.”

“Understood, Professor.” Logan nodded, and nodding back, McGonagall left for wherever she needed to be after informing him.

***

The night soon came, and standing in the Entrance Hall was Filch.

“Hello, Filch.” Logan said as he got close to the caretaker of the castle, who grunted back.

“You’re early. Good.” He said with his twisted sight.

“Thanks?” Logan answered awkwardly. After a moment, the guilty group reached the Entrance Hall. First, it was Malfoy, and moments later, the three students from Gryffindor came too.

“What are you doing here?” Malfoy asked with a frown, while Harry and Hermione exchanged glances. Neville was just a confused mess.

“Well, I’m kind of your nanny.” Logan shrugged with a chuckle.

“I don’t need a nanny!” He glared at Logan.

“Oh~” It was then that Filch intervened with a sadistic grin. “But turns out you do…”

“Huh?” The first years were confused and slightly terrified by the caretaker’s grin.

“Follow me.” Filch said, his grinning face still haunting the freshmen. On the way, he was rambling about how hard work and struggle were the best teachers and how he missed the good old ways of punishment. Of course, Logan ignore his rambling as he looked around. This was, after all, the first time he ‘legally’ took a stroll at night outside of the castle. It certainly had a different feeling to it.

Soon, Hagrid’s hut could be seen and coming out of it, the half-giant. “About’ time.” Hagrid said as he met us at the front of the hut, carrying a large crossbow and a quiver of arrows, both hung over his shoulder. “I been waiting fer half an hour already.” Hagrid scoffed. “All right, Harry, Hermione?”

“I shouldn’t be too friendly to them, Hagrid.” Filch was the one to answer. “They’re here to be punished, after all.” He said, before glancing at Logan. “Well, most of them.”

“You comin’ too, Logan?” Hagrid, noticing his other friend, asked.

“Yeah.” Logan nodded. “I’m here to help you protect these four. Dumbledore’s orders”

“Well, if Dumbledore trus’ in yeh, I thin’ there won’ be a problem in the forest.” Hagrid nodded.

“...F-Forest?” This time Malfoy shivered. “Are we going i-into the forest?”

“Oh yes…“ Filch grinned at him. “Should’ve thought of them werewolves before you got in trouble, shouldn’t you?” He said, getting a strange pleasure at the four children’s panicked faces. He then turned back toward Hagrid “I’ll be back at dawn… for what’s left of them.” He glanced at the students before giving a creepy as fuck laugh and leaving the place.

“I’m not going in that forest!” Malfoy said, panicked, as he turned to Hagrid, at which Harry had a weird sense of satisfaction, seeing how terrified Malfoy was.

“Yeh are if yeh want to stay at Hogwarts.” Hagrid said fiercely.

“Relax, kids.” Logan chuckled as he looked at everything happening. “It won’t be a problem, there are not too many dangers in the forest.”

“I wouldn’ be too sure of that, Logan.” Hagrid shook his head.

“Oh, please. Just a couple of werewolves, some acromantulas, a troll or two, and maybe some other dangerous creature. Who knows.” Chuckled Logan as he looked at the terrified look that the students were showing at his words.

“Anyways, we shoul’ go! We don’ have time.” Hagrid said as he guided the terrified group, plus a chuckling ‘nanny’, to the Forbidden Forest.

‘Hello Forest my old friend~’ Sang Logan in his mind. ‘Mm… it certainly has a different feeling to come here with the permission of the school. Now, I wonder, will I meet dear Professor Quirrel? I think there was a unicorn…’ Logan frowned for a moment, as an idea slowly formed inside his mind.

69