Ch18. Spark
592 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N- sorry for the delay. No chapter Saturday or Sunday  

POV shift———————————————

       Hmm, it seems the servant is taking her sweet time. I stretched and gave a small yawn, today has been exhausting, i want a nap. I don’t necessarily need to sleep but i do enjoy partaking in the activity. After a few minutes the servant rushed out with a new bottle and bone, she brought it before me and gave a small small explanation, about how her manager needed her or something, and a bow of apology before backing off. The lie was cute but it wouldn’t fool me, I could tell from her mental waves and body language that something was up.

     I had my suspicions about her when I first saw her, she was trained in magic and had the cation of a hunter. I knew I could smell a wolf when I walked in, but it was so faint I thought at first it was residual, it seems i was wrong. I don’t know how she did it but she had almost completely masked her smell and altered her magic, concealing her true nature. I started stroking my lower jaw, were-wolves technically are shape shifters but they only have two forms and can’t alter there body in any way they want, unless they had an advanced level of magic and a mastery of rituals or... a mixed bloodline.

     Yes, a mixed bloodline is the more reasonable possibility. If a werewolf had a bit of true shapeshifter in them they would have much more control over there body, but the downside is that they wouldn’t have the complete shapeshifting ability. Though they could, let’s say, close there pores, reducing there sent, and change there signature amber eye color to, I don’t know, brown maybe. Ha, true half breeds are a rarity but one just so happens to be beside me.

     Knowing the nature of these wolves I knew that one wouldn’t go around serving murderous creatures, I don’t know about the serpent or the were- hyenas but everything else in here has a web of curses around them and a heavy sent of sin, which I’m sure any self respecting wolf could smell. And a wolf usually never ventures far from a fellow pack member, but I only sense one wolf in the room. Somethings up, I could tell, but what, is the question.

     I started to discretely place markers on every one, to track there every movement. These magical markers are nigh unnoticeable, and will allow me to track them absolutely anywhere no matter what precautions they make. Once that was done I started to magically examine this room and neighboring rooms, finding a few hints about what is going to transpire. In a few of the backrooms there were some discrete premed jump sites. It seems there may be a raid of some sort, but for what?

     I decided to send a tendril of magic through one of the sites and inspected the other side. It led to a large cathedral full of a squad of strike wolves. They were in werewolf form and equipped for battle, three staff bearers, dressed in battle robes, stood proudly in front of the force. It looks like the wolves are taking this very seriously. I retracted my magic and prepared for a conflict, whatever riled up the wolves enough to bring out the entire strike force was obviously not something good.

     I also sent out a wave of strands to search for the reason the strike force was assembled only to find, a bloody volatile aura emanating from the wall opposite to the bar. It was strong but there was a lack of control to it, I also felt a slight familiarity from it, how curious. I now have a battle plan and general understanding of what’s going on, all I need to do now is to wait for the spark. I relaxed and started on the new bone, what ever happened was not really my business but due to the U75 pact I was obligated to at least help the wolves a little bit if I deemed it necessary.

     Plus the aura feels very familiar but I just can’t place it for some reason. I sighed and took a drink, and debated wether or not to warn the snake of the incoming danger. I finally decided against it, she may not be experienced with this kind of thing could accidentally clue off the other guests. I got comfortable and waited for the rest of the guests to arrive.

     After a bit of a wait they started arriving in droves and soon every table had an occupant, there was now around 25 guests. Though the room was full there was very little noise, only a few quite conversations and nothing else. Once everyone was situated Strix, the man in the suit, stood up and lightly tapped his wine glass, causing the room to instantly fall into a dead silence. He looked around for a second before giving a prepared speech,

“Thank you all for coming to our little meeting. Now I know some of you are still debating about joining our organization but hopefully this little event will change your mind.”

The servant girl sent a slight release of magic behind her, probably some kind of signal. 

“I am aware that most of you haven’t even met our leader yet but that will change soon, but first let’s have some fun.”

A/N- i have a discord if you want to join https://discord.gg/BkUP7Eg2WJ

25