Ch27. Beckon
490 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     The figure released a mad cackling at the sight of the horrific pain it caused to the creatures, but seemingly not satisfied by that it turned to four creatures that were behind it. The creatures slowly rose into the air and with sickening crunches and bloodcurdling screams they imploded on themselves. The creature let out a louder laugh and turned to the stunned Buckferd, with a small wave of his hand the four masses of flesh shot out and quickly began to form into wicked spears. Buckferd tried to dodge the weapons but he only had enough time to set up a wall of magic that was easily pierced. He could only watch as the barbed weapons pierced his shoulders and hips. The weapons hit him with such force that it launched him back and pinned him to the wall.

     The figure turned back to the fleeing creatures and pounced. With ease, he ripped them limb from limb leaving no corpse intact. Through the pained screeches and the sound of ripping flesh, I could hear a faintly familiar tune being whistled, but due to the chaos of the room, I couldn’t gather my thoughts coherently. Soon the invading creatures were cut in half and the survivors only sought one thing, to escape. While the figure was distracted by their brethren they ran for the door, but they were stopped by a wall of black flames seemingly made from darkness itself.

     Two of the creatures were pushed in and... changed. They quickly degraded into masses of flesh but I could tell they were still alive due to the constant screams emanating from them. Tendrils of flesh reached out towards the neighboring pile of flesh and soon they pulled themselves together. The mass of flesh and bone soon began to shake and shrink until finally, a creature exploded out. It was tall, charcoal black, and had a bat-like head that resembled the vampires of old.

     The bat-like creature wasted no time and pounced on a nearby spider-like creature. With a sickening crunch, the creature bit through and started absorbing what I assumed to be blood from the creature. Soon the bat-like creature’s emaciated frame started to gain muscle and its eyes shone a deeper red. The creature below it had the opposite happening to it, it shrunk and shriveled before being reduced to nothing more than a shriveled-up husk.

      Seemingly satisfied with its feast the creature turned to the next one and began a rampage. Similar to the figure, it began to rip and maim but soon it had to retreat. I could tell why now, it had several grievous wounds which would kill most creatures. The bat-like creature had grabbed a creature and was trying to heal again but it was interrupted by the spider-like creatures charging at it. It looked like the bat-like creature was done for, but something strange happened. The creature suddenly morphed and twisted before growing another few feet and gaining a menacing aura.

      The creature jumped back into the crowd of spider-like creatures and began to easily tear them apart. Soon it stood victorious over a mound of bodies. After a second the creature walked over to the stage and stood catatonic by Buckferd. Suddenly I felt a chill go down my spine as I sensed something looking at me. I slowly turned and noticed the hooded figure looking at me, and my blood froze over when I saw it slowly raise its hand and beckon me. I snapped my head over to the elders in a panic, once they saw my panicked gaze they began whispering amongst each other before turning back to me and one of them gave a small nod.

     I gulped and started to shakily approach the figure until I was around ten feet away, and as soon as I stopped a cold alien presence suddenly entered my mind. It was completely foreign and hard to understand but I was able to make out some questions, such as, what was the hand of God. We really don’t know what it is, we only knew of existence due to the seer. All we know is that it’s ancient, very dangerous, appearance, and how to locate it. The seer was only able to see that we needed to use a blood fly before she lost the vision, so after years of searching we finally narrowed it down to here.

     I wanted to withhold our hard-earned information in fear it may use the device or creature, whatever it is, for itself, but a sudden urge overwhelmed me. I was unable to hold back and told the figure everything I knew. I finished quickly and a feeling of guilt overcame me, I had just given this unknown entity information on an incredibly dangerous object. I was expecting to feel a sense of greed or excitement from the figure but I was shocked by a feeling of recognition and rage. In the flurry of pure wrath, I could make out two words, flesh sentry, and an image of the largest most grotesque thing I have ever witnessed or even heard about. It stood taller than any mountain and was covered in faces that were twisted in eternal agony, it looked faintly humanoid and made of writhing tendrils of flesh and bone, countless tentacles extended from its back that seemed to stretch on for miles. The most prevalent feature though was a large black eye stretching across its chest.

A/N- i have a discord if you want to join https://discord.gg/BkUP7Eg2WJ

23