Ch30. Cleansing
450 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

      She screamed and screeched as I devoured her intestines, but soon she started to try to get me off by slamming her back against a wall. In a futile attempt, I removed my head from her stomach and raised my foot before kicking the ankle part of her digitigrade leg causing it to snap. She was brought to her knees and had to drop her mace in favor of stopping her fall. I raised the elemental’s sword and lit the incense, I slowly rubbed the burning incense across the blade while chanting a small blessing/curse. Once the incense reached the tip of the sword it disintegrated and completely turned into smoke before wrapping around the blade. The symbols I wrote in bright oil started to shine a fantastic silvery light that soon began to flicker like a candle's flame.

     Sensing the impending danger the demon reached for her mace but my blade was already slicing through her uninjured leg. The slice went cleanly through her leg and a smell of sulfur and salt filled the air as blackish-red blood poured from the wound. Despite the demon's other wounds, this was the first time she actually bleed. The wound started to smolder and blister as the blessing/curse took effect and soon the flesh surrounding the wound started to decay at a visible rate. She let out another pained scream but this time there was something else present, fear.

     For the first time during or fight, she finally showed fear, I cackled at the thought. She once again resumed reaching for the mace which I stopped with another dismemberment. She stared at her severed right arm in shock for a second before rolling in pain. She grabbed her new stump and tried to stop the bleeding but despite her efforts, blood kept gushing out. While she was distracted with that I strolled over to the mace and picked it up. A small shock ran up my arm but besides a quick tingling I felt nothing else, it must have been a security system put in place to prevent people besides the owner from wielding it.

     I looked the mace over and found it was mostly made of bone except for the head which was made of enchanted stone. It had more of the unknown symbols carved all over. Despite being of demon design it didn’t seem to be of demon make, it lacked the volatile magic and the rudimentary enchantments caused by the abundance of hell energy that was the signatures of almost all demon forged items. The mace also couldn’t be a soul weapon forged over time by the demon in front of me due to the lack of an ingrained soul signature. That only leaves a few options which the most likely one is that it was a custom forge by an expert craftsman that could, almost, replicate demon forged weapons.

     I made a mental note of all the identifying features of the weapons in case I ever wanted to seek out the craftsman. I gave the mace a twirl to get a feel of it before turning around and slamming it into the demon's chest. The crushing of bone echoed out as the mace crushed through the demon's arms and destroyed her sternum causing her to release her final wail in pain. Despite her apparent final breaths, I knew she wasn’t dead yet. I pulled the mace out of the hole it made and tossed it aside before reading my blade for the final strike.

     I lifted the blade before stabbing it into the sole heart left after the mace’s strike. The blade’s light dimmed for a second erupting out brighter than before, an ethereal wail tore through the air as the light began flooding through the demon's veins. Soon the wounds littering the body began to release the brilliant light before rapidly decaying. The body started to release a black steam before shrinking and soon the towering figure was no bigger than a man. The shrieking that could only be heard with one's soul continued to echo throughout the entire process until it slowly lost power and faded out.

     With that finished the elemental’s sword started to crack and rust until finally it just broke apart. Though it was finely enchanted, the power of the blessing/curse was too powerful and quickly broke down the enchantments and destroyed the blade. I felt a pain of regret for not giving an in-depth inspection of the blade but I guess it really doesn’t matter. I bent down and started gathering the scattered blood and severed limbs before turning to the husk, the cleansing ritual caused most of the materials to be rendered useless but I could still grind it into powder and use it that way.

     I then didn’t kill the demon due to past grudges I had against their kind, but due to it bringing relics out of the killing fields without proper credentials, the flesh sentry for example had the potential to render this world uninhabitable. The act was in complete violation of the U363 pact and warranted immediate execution. I sighed and looked the room over and found it almost completely destroyed with cracks decorating the walls and crevasses littering the floor, it would probably collapse from a slight breeze. I began to make my way out to check on the girl to make sure the jump was successful and didn't send her across the dimension or anything. As I walked I reverted my head back into a more humanoid form and covered my face in shadows in case the girl woke up due to the more than likely turbulent jump. I noticed the pristine halls were cracked and many sections were partially collapsed. Yup, the building's structural integrity was compromised and was likely to collapse soon. I calmly opened the large double doors at the entrance and scanned the sea of trees for any anomalies, few permanent creatures reside in this dimension but the commotion of my battle may have attracted some of them.

A/N- I have a discord if you want to join https://discord.gg/BkUP7Eg2WJ

19