Volume 1 – Chapter 1- My Old Life
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My Old Life

The Stars are so beautiful here. I was laying down on a rock in the mountains of Afghanistan looking at the night sky. I have always dreamed of traveling the world but was too much of a nerd to do so up until a join the Army. I did well in the Army cause like I had a choice. My dad was an old school American Military man who married a kind-hearted Japanese woman. How this union happened was beyond me. They were the polar opposite of each other. My dad had a strict can-do attitude while my mom was a traditionalist in every sense but both of them fell in love. I was always different when I was growing up. Never really fit in in school. Don’t get me wrong I had friends but most of the time I was reading books, Manga, and watching anime. So I was you, regular nerd. 

 

As soon as I was 18, I was kicked out of home and pushed to join the army. It was hard at first since my scrawny little body didn’t really work out but I had a knack for research and had a good eye. So they assigned me to intelligence gathering since I had the knack for it. So here I am in the middle of a war zone looking for information in regards to Japanese Aide workers who seems to have vanished.

 

I just sent a report to Homebase about our lead. It seems that our Aide Workers were being held by a local Militia wanting their help. They were no immediate danger according to the intelligence I gathered. So now I am just relaxing outside the base camp looking at the stars with a few of my teammates. We were located near a friendly village just below the mountains. This was a safe zone miles from the frontline so I was not worried at all.

 

Boooooom!!!!

 

I heard a loud sound then felt my body get lifted in then and flung. I felt a sharp pain in my body as I was rolled like a ragdoll all over the place. I tried opening my eyes and moving but I couldn’t. Everything was dark after that, all I heard was my teams’ frantic sound and loud noises.

 

*Boooooooom!!!!* *Booooom!!!*

Tack! Tack! Tack! Tack! Tack! Tack!

We are under attack!

Take cover!

Soldier down! Medic!!!

 

Then nothing…

1