Chapter 5 – The Fall and The New Life
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Fall and The New Life

 

I can remember running and breathing so hard as if he had already run a marathon and he was still at the back door. Every servant or personnel who he passed and saw him was puzzled at what he was doing.

As soon as he got out of the back door he sneaked around the guards and just kept running. Next thing he knew he was close to the pond. He saw a few guards in the distance so he tried to move around them quickly through the side of the pond. That’s when he slipped hit his head and fell in the pond. As he fell, he no longer wanted to be part of this world and just wanted out. After that, I awoke in this body.

My father the Duke was looking at me and asked.

[What the hell is with your blank stupid face?]

That snapped me out from my memory daze.

[I apologize. I was dazed for a bit. Must be my head.]

[Darling please he just woke up.]

The Duke seemed surprised at my answer and tone.

[Fine, I’ll talk to him once he has had his rest. I still have so many headaches to fix due to this stupid boy.]

The Duke then left the room. Only the person left in the room was someone who seemed to be the doctor, a silver-haired maid who I just noticed, and the Duchess my mother.

[Thank you so much, doctor. Ezira please escort the doctor out.]

[You are most welcome madam. I am just glad the young master is safe. I will take my leave then.]

The doctor was then escorted by the maid outside. I see so that’s the maid’s name Ezira. As I recalled that she was hired by the duchess to be my personal maid. She is from a minor noble house and the 5th daughter. It’s normal for Upper nobles to hire capable people and most of the time the upper nobles hire from the lower nobles to be sure that they are getting educated quality help. Those who are far from the firstborn don’t really have an inheritance to look forward to. Some of those people join the army, fend for themselves or hire themself as capable help.

The Duchess then looks at me with her tender eyes filled with relief and care. Held my hand.

[I am so glad you are safe. Ezira told me what happened. I am so sorry that you heard such hurtful things. Don’t worry I’ll talk to those horrible people and give them a piece of my mind.]

That’s right she was with him the maid when he was walking down the hall and even tried to stop him from hearing what was said. He stopped her since he wanted to hear what they had to say about him. She even tried to stop him when he was about to run away after getting hurt from what he heard. He ended up pushing her and commanded her not to follow him as I ran away.  She must have gotten the Duchess. I remember her taking good care of him even though he was a bit of a spoiled brat. I should thank her one of these days for her hard work.

As I went into a thinking daze again. The Duchess was worried.

[You should get some rest. Don’t mind the things that your father said. Go back to sleep.]

After saying that she got up and walked towards the door. Taking a look back at me making sure I was alright, she then closed the door.

As she left I couldn’t say anything. I was still overwhelmed by the sudden turn of events. I still couldn’t believe what was happening to me. I seem to be in another world. I even pinch and slap myself just to be sure.

Why the heck am I so chubby? I thought to myself. As I look at my body more carefully now I can see that I was really chubby like those young fat aristocrats I see in Mangas or anime. My head was still a bit painful so I decided to take a nap first and figure things out when I wake up. I still hope this is all a dream. The medicine that the doctor gave seems to have taken effect and I start to doze off pretty quickly.

1