Chapter 6 – Waking Up to a New Reality
25 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking Up to a New Reality

 

Slowly I open my eyes. This is the second time I woke up in this strange room. I looked around and it seemed no one was around. I was relieved at this time since I don't really know what to do if anyone else was around. I am still so confused but if my 9 years in the military have taught me anything is to assess the situation first. Okay, I have to break it down first. Number 1 I’m pretty sure I died and was reincarnated into this body somehow. I vaguely remember that dude that talked to me about being sent to another fantasy world and getting abilities.

Number 2 I woke up in this strange body. Let’s see what I look like. So I move off the bed and head to a mirror. This body feels different from my old body. As soon as I looked in the mirror I knew I was really in a different body. I was so chubby. I looked like one of those spoiled brat nobles that you see in Anime or Manga. My face is so rounded but doesn't look that bad. I still have black hair as I did before. So I have to check the body’s condition. So I tried to move around a little and did some basic workouts. My body was already spent after a few seconds. I was gasping for air. Man! This body is so out of shape. I need a lot of work if I want my old physic back. If there was anything that wiped me into the great shape it was the military.

Number 3 it seems that I am a noble with good family background. Unfortunately, the old owner of this body was not so well off, having no natural talent for anything. He had none of this so he gave up and lashed at people and just became lazy. I went through this guy's memories and learned everything I could.

I am currently in the Kingdom of Eduris. A kingdom blessed by the goddess Alaya the goddess of nature. She gave the first inhabitants with ability to make a contract with magical beasts and in exchange, they would protect the sacred mountains of Alaya. Normally magic beasts are very aggressive and wary of people. They also have a natural talent for magic and have instinctive magical skills. Making them a bane in other places. Yes, magic exists in this world.

The main noble houses in the kingdom are those that have the strongest abilities that were given by the goddess. At the head is the Royal Family The house of Leon followed by the higher nobles’ houses, the Middle Noble houses, and the Lower houses of nobles. If you are not part of those houses you are a commoner. The nobles in these kingdoms have an affinity to a magical beast, an example of this is the Royal family which has an affinity with the magical beast Blazing Lions and is their noble house sigil. Due to the magical beasts liking people with high magical aptitude they are the only noble houses that can afford to tame them. Only in the sacred mountains can you tame magical beasts safely since these creatures are maintained by the royal court. If you tried this outside you would most likely be eaten.

I then heard a knock on my door as I was diving into my memories.

Knock!! Knock!!

1