Chap 9: Earthquake
280 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I am back."

Long Wei came out of his space a month earlier than he expected, He had three sacks of fruits floating in space near him.

"Where is everyone?"

Leaving the sacks in the meeting room, Long Wei came downstairs just to see a film scene.

"What do you want? Hey! You Listening? Hear me?!"

A person bound on the chair was screaming at Long Xiang, His eyes were covered but that didn't seem to hinder him in glaring at Long Xiang.

"Sob...Sob, Wuwuwu...Mom, I really told you to not send me out but no! Now see your only son is kidnapped! Wuwuwu."

Another one was crying...no he was wailing and venting on the floor, also bounded by ropes. Long Ning had enough of his wailing and gagged his mouth. From the kitchen came Su Tang and noticed Long Wei standing on the stairs.

"Wei-ge?!"

His shout made others look at stairs with surprised faces, Though Long Ai had pulled a long face seeing Long Wei becoming more beautiful.

"Che, Wei-ge...please go easy on me."

Long Wei tilted his head in confusion but Long Xiang had already pulled him down and started his checkup, From up and down. eyes, ears, his hairs, Fingers, toes...When he looked, Long Wei was completely fine, He sighed with relief and aside on the couch.

"Good to see you alive. Xiao Wei."

Long Wei nodded and also sit down beside Long Xiang.

"So, Ge, Um...Are you changing jobs?"

Long Wei was quite worried about 'this' new job his family seems to have taken a liking to, in his absence. It was truly absurd but he wanted to ask and confirm.

Long Xiang was genuinely stunned by this sincere questioning of his little brother. While others at the home could only choke on their laughs except for the kidnapped boys. 

"Ahem...Xiao Wei...pfft...This is not what you think... hahaha...ok...wait..hahaha."

Han Zhi tried to say something but was in vain. Long Xiang already came out of his trance and spoke seriously to Long Wei.

"They are our future teammates. If not then they are our enemies."

'...?'

Long Wei was quite puzzled about what was happening in his home. 2 months were enough for such a huge change?

"Still, Isn't kidnapping wrong? We should still be civilized."

Long Ning couldn't control his urge to laugh anymore and laughed his ass out. But Long Xiang was further misunderstood and his face twisted a bit. Now even Wen Zheng had trouble in controlling himself to laugh.

"What weird stuff is going on in your head? I am really being civilized here! Xiao Wei ah, Look here, It is better to be thorough with future plans than dilly-dallying!"

Long Xiang tried to keep his head cool while explaining to Long Wei with a deadpan face. 

"What are you all planning?"

Long Ai was about to open her mouth when Sofia hurriedly put a hand on her mouth while looking at the kidnapped humans. Long Xiang signaled for them to go to the meeting room.

They arrived in the meeting room. Except for Yao Lan, Others were present. Long Ning then told their collection to Long Wei. Long Wei had a complicated expression.

"Well it is good and all but what about the future?"

Long Wei's question was weird and made all of them look at him with a questioning gaze.

"Are you guys...Listen, well guys, I know food and weapons along with powerful companions are important, but! Have you thought about what I had seen in those 10 years in the apocalypse?"

"Zombies and ability users?"

Long Ai blurted without thinking which caused to get a glare from Long Xiang. Han Zhi thought carefully and said;

"You experienced deaths and destruction of World itself?"

"Yes, Han-ge, That's it. The self-destruction of the World. The water became contaminated. The soil was contaminated. Animals either mutated or died after 2 years and became zombies. The crops couldn't be grown back. In some areas, even air was contaminated. The population of 7 billion humans went through a profound change, and after a decade, not even 7 million humans remained. So, tell me, What should we be doing if we know what is coming on us?"

The content spoken just now, made all others shudder in the horror of the future. Long Wei didn't want to make them scared and fear the future but to clear the heads of these mortals.

He was making them drink the diluted spring water because this way they won't become zombies even if a mishap happened. He still needs to see if this approach works or not but he was willing to give it a go.

"So...Wei-ge, What do you think we should do? Because won't we still need food and stuff?"

Su Tang shuddered a little but still asked. Watching him like this made Long Wei's heart soften a little and he spoke with a little less strictness.

"Actually, This is not much different from what can be done. Hear me, I told that World was Self-destructing right? So we just need to stop the process or if we can't then we just need to use another method to replace the process. Because when humans went through an evolution, they were found to be able to live longer at least more than 200 years. So, We can't just live more than 200 years fighting zombies and hiding from them right? And if we do nothing our resources will naturally finish which will cause another disaster."

Now there was complete silence. Each and every word Long Wei said was actually very true. Resources will naturally end someday. Humans were on verge of extinction after only a decade of the apocalypse, so anyone could imagine what will happen if the apocalypse went on for another 10 years. 

This matter was now not only about them anymore. Their future generation and their own family's future depended on how they will work from here on. Long Xiang and Wen Zheng had dark lines on their faces which were visible to naked eyes. Long Ai and Long Ning were shivering a little while Su Tang and Zhi Rou had their heads down, Sofia and Han Zhi were the only ones still in trance.

'I didn't want to scare them...But still, they better think carefully.'

"Let's res----"

Before Long Wei could even finish his sentence the whole-house vibrated with high frequency. the chairs they were sitting on were thrown off. The chandelier on the ceiling also came to greet earth.

-Bam

-SStish

-Dhm

The noises of things been broken were heard for a whole 1 minute before the earthquake finally ended. 

"Agh...Wu...sob...Xiang-ge, My ears are ringing?!"

Long Ai was scared stiff and crying. Sofia and Long Ning were still better off but they were also pale. Han Zhi was holding Wen Zheng tightly while Long Xiang was covering Su Tang and Zhi Rou in his arms. Long Wei had put a shield over the kidnapped humans in the living room and in the meeting room but he can't do anything about the matters of the heart.

"Xiao Ai everything is ok now. Let's go downstairs."

All of them unconsciously agreed. Long Wei was now remembering that this was only the start of what was coming. He went to his room after eating dinner and settling the kidnapped humans. He swiftly removed their memories and asked the driver to send them back.

 

10