Chapter 3: Prelude to Dragon’s Jewel
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3:

 

ONE staggered onto the stage in crutches. Second, the pink leopard, supported her boyfriend. She handed him a microphone. He said, "I know some of you saw what happened last week."

 

A giant monitor at the end of the open roofed stadium replayed the moment. It showed JAC giving the flying spinning elbow - or "King Arthur" to ONE and breaking his kneecap.

 

ONE paced as the crowd booed. "That was one of the worst pains I ever felt. But because of it, I get to tell you all I have an opportunity. After shattering my kneecap, the doctors said I would be able to fight again by June 13th. I told them that was fine because I had to get my hands on JAC."

 

ONE clenched his fist as he held it up. "You know, JAC's a writer. He's written Swillow the Slaughterhound which you can find at any one dollar store. He even sells autographed copies in the back of a beat-up pick-up truck." ONE pointed in the air. "You take a left at the crack alley he was conceived in, and then right at the dumpster he was left in nine months later. You'll see a sign for the swap meet, you cannot miss it. If you go in, you can ask any loser and they'll know his name-"

 

Smoke blasted out of the machines as JAC pushed back the red curtain. He wore a gray coat over his skinny frame.

 

"What are you here to do, neckbeard?"

 

JAC subconsciously scratched at his beard which stretched down his entire chin like a blanket of fur. It was a bit scraggly as he considered shaving.

 

"Well I have good news, ONE," he said as he strolled down. "You and I will be playing the first ever Beast Game. Also..."

 

The monitor played a video of Second with a purple dragon known as Tethys - Athyn's sister. Second passionately kissed Tethys, and JAC whistled.

 

"Damn, Son," JAC said. "You cannot fake that. Woo!"

 

ONE's eyes widened as he clenched his fist. "Is that true?" he asked Second and she shook her head.

 

"No, that bastard manipulated the video! I never did that!"

 

ONE turned to JAC, marched up to him. Then Second kicked ONE between the legs, splitting his walnuts. He wheezed as he fell down.

 

JAC crouched to ONE's level. "Maybe you need to know more about who I am. We're going to have the first ever Beast Game in an Armageddon Cage Match. It will take place between heaven and hell. But first-" JAC kicked ONE in the mouth. As ONE fell down, he put him in a figure four leglock.

 

ONE screamed. For the lock to work, JAC had to force ONE's legs to contort into a "4" shape, which twisted them at an unnatural angle. JAC only released after a full minute, leaving ONE yelling and screaming on the floor.

 

 

Michelle felt the distant feeling of being watched. She stared out the window while taking a bubble bath. A white figure stared back. Then it vanished, like a ghost.

 

Or maybe more like a Ghost.

 

Michelle patted herself down with the towel, taking diligent strides to get every feather dry. She wouldn't cower from someone like Slash. She waddled outside, into the Arctic Zone environment.

 

The pure white snow would hide the jackal perfectly. Michelle's feet crunched the snow as she lurched forwards. From a snow bank, Slash popped up.

 

Not even a twitch from Michelle. Slash relaxed her posture. A couple seconds passed before Michelle asked, "Since when were you a peeping Tom?"

 

"You've been left off the Beast Island card. It's Athyn versus Citrus. You fancy yourself a great magician, right? How about you and I play a magical card game of our own?"

 

Michelle felt the blue eyes of Slash pierce into her. She swore if Slash's pupils dilated any further they'd disappear.

 

"Fine, we'll play Elements. Once I beat you, you leave our faction alone."

Slash kept tilting her head until it almost popped off. "How about when I win, we play again?"

 

Michelle growled at her as she went back into the house. A ringing came to the phone, and she saw Slash still standing out in the snow. She took the phone off the hinges only to hear Slash's voice. "And again, and again, and again?"

 

 

Citrus stood alongside Swillow. Citrus gave her first promo which played on the monitor.

"I've been told to make this 'promo'. Apparently I'm supposed to tell off Athyn, and say why he can't win or anything. You know, that's not my style, I don't like talking things out."

 

"But I'm not sitting by to wait some pompous prick take a crown that belongs only to the best. You know the rules. Apparently the elder's demanded it be an obstacle course against you. First person to grab the crown wins it.

 

"Now, you may have noticed I have an army at my side. Swillow and JAC.

 

"I won't kill you. Probably. Idea's still on the table. Drop out now, and give up the crown."

 

Citrus turned off the camcorder. She glanced at JAC who held it up. "Did I do okay?"

 

Jesus said, "Not as dynamic as my entrance of beating up someone who was crippled. Still, it wasn't bad for your first time ever. I had to learn how to do those whenever I was out doing wrestling shows."

 

Citrus said, "In which case, I guess we send this in to Athyn. It plays up at the stage, and that's the end of it before June 13th."

 

"Yep, June 13th," Jesus said. "That's the Dragon's Crown, and also when I first started writing the book. You know, Swillow the Slaughterhound."

 

Swillow perked up as she heard her name being called. "You are making us quite famous amongst the crowd."

 

"More like infamous. The entire audience thinks that you're all jerks. They think that you're all ruthless villains."

 

"Well," Citrus said, "I'll give them reason to believe that."

 

 

Dragon's Jewel:

 

JAC versus ONE in an Armageddon Cage Match

Slash versus Michelle in a game of Elements.

 

Co-Main Event: Tikara versus Arson in a Fight (Written by Sweet-Gem)

 

Main Event: Citrus versus Athyn for the inaugural Beast King in an Obstacle Course Match

0