Chapter 6: Arson Versus Citrus
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leroy is from Gamer's Guide to Becoming a Dinosaur by SavageMercy

 

Tiercel is from MangoFlimFlan

 

Arson and Tikara are from Sweet-Gem

 

Inari is from Ascend, drawn by Arven-92, and scripted by SyrusCoy.

 

Swillow and Citrus Snow are from Swillow the Slaughterhound

 

JAC is from Genesis of Apocalypse (Not yet written).

 

 

(Made with SyrusCoy's help).

 

Tiercel the dragon-velociraptor carried a package as he traversed the chilling arcticold zone, which nearly froze him to death.

 

The wind whipping didn't disturb him enough to make him dare consider dropping the package emblazoned with the Order of Light logo. A logo formed by two dots, one Klein's blue and the other a teal. Past the vintage chateau he went, never thinking twice about the location.

 

Some mistook him for Leroy. It eventually went to Leroy coming to the Grimwood to inform Tiercel about this common misconception... However, Tiercel said those people were stupid. Leroy told him since literally no one could see each other in the Grimwood, the Arcticold, or the Beacon, they figured each other by silhouettes.

 

"Anyway, I think you're meant to deliver this," Leroy said before shoving the package in his snout.

 

Tiercel liked thinking about these things while alone on his walks.

 

A kitsune watched. She snuck down from the porch. Tiercel came up a snow bank, then Inari came into his way.

 

"Please step aside, I have a package to deliver."

 

"Is that right?" Inari said, as she peeked at it. She pawed it. "Can I see what's in that package?"

 

Tiercel clutched it to his chest. "No! This is serious business!"

 

"Serious? I don't know the meaning of that word." She stuck her tongue out.

 

"I made a vow," Tiercel said. "It is that I will deliver each package with full on, one hundred percent, concerted efforts towards getting it to the other person. Therefore, I cannot, and will not, ever let anyone else but I touch it."

 

"Won't someone have to touch it to open it?"

 

"Well, yeah-"

 

"Didn't someone touch it before you did?"

 

"Okay, fine, but..."

 

"You cannot tell me you've NEVER looked in a package before, then."

 

"No! I shall not be swayed by some beast to give up this package!"

 

Inari laughed. "In the Arcticold Zone, all belongs to Michelle, the cute penguin magician." She smiled but leered at him.

 

"Then there's only one way to settle this. We'll do a game!"

 

The aether turned violet as concrete surrounded them. Two steel cages trapped them. Tiercel and Inari stared up, discovering the package dangled by chains, right above the steel cages.

 

Tiercel blinked. "What in the world?"

 

Inari clutched the cage doors like a jail cell and shook them. "It's like we're in our own private dimension... Guess we have to escape."

 

Tiercel tried melting the bars with fire, but they didn't melt.

 

Aside the two stood planks of wood, hammers, and nails. A construction helmet appeared on Inari's head as she got to work.

 

Tiercel wouldn't take his time working. He stuck his claw into the lock, picking it. It creaked open, and he flew up.

 

Didn't take much time to win this beast game, as the package came closer to his sight. Until a white projectile hit him in the face, and, contrast to the idea of fluffy snow, this was like a speedball being hit by a professional slugger.

 

Tiercel felt no give from the cage as he fell flat on his back.

 

Inari patted her makeshift catapult before doing parkour jumps across some boxes to get on the cage with him.

 

Desperation struck, as did Tiercel, with a blast of flames. They consumed Inari, but she ran forward, unaffected. His fingers grew swords and he slashed, but she ducked them too.

 

Tiercel growled, and jumped up. He grabbed the package, only to feel Inari's nine tails tickling his exposed feet. He laughed, and released.

 

Inari climbed up him to grab a rope around it, but Tiercel grabbed the base of her tails. He tried getting her down, she headlocked him and swung her lower body forward, DDTing him into the cage roof.

 

The bars dug into his head, ricocheting sound. He felt darkness in his sights.

Inari pushed Tiercel's arm off of herself, and went back up the package, sliding it from the hook.

 

Tiercel lurched forward. He grabbed the package, and both took it off.

 

Moment of hesitation. The building remained. Inari bit on the ropes, and Tiercel tugged it. Inari figured he might win the tug of war, therefore she conjured spiders to crawl up Tiercel.

Even if he had nerves of steel, no way he could resist that crawling feeling. He released. The room shattered. Inari laughed.

 

"No, I have failed!" He fell to his knees.

 

"Want to kiss and be friends?" Inari asked.

 

Tiercel blinked. She leaned in... "I do not kiss creatures that lick their own butts, no way." He threw off his vest.

 

Inari growled at him. "I do not..." She saw he had a logo of two wings on his vest. "And here I thought you were Order of Light... Why would a Ghost be with an Order of Light?"

 

She tore into the package while he walked away. A key with a letter attached. "In exchange for this artefact, you have to finish off X-ing JAC..."


 

Citrus sat at the ice cream shop. "Alright Mosor, how about a coffee and one of those vanilla ice creams?" A yellow wolf-coyote reached to pick up a rag, showing off his behind. Citrus smirked. "Maybe extra vanilla."

 

Mosor, who had had her cart stolen by Berand a couple weeks ago, said, "You have a boyfriend."

 

"You caught me looking?"

 

"You took a seven second stare, of course I caught you looking."

 

"We're in an awkward period. He's leaving for better things. I'm leaving for better things. Our paths don't converge and I need to keep my options open."

 

"Anyway... I can't give you coffee, Citrus."

 

"...Why not?"

 

"Because Swillow outlawed it," Mosor said. Citrus blinked, and burst out laughing. Mosor kept a stone faced expression.

 

"She didn't."

 

Mosor nodded.

 

 

"Swillow, you half-brained nimrod moron-"

 

Swillow looked up from her pancakes as she saw Citrus ranting and raving. "How many synonyms for stupid do you know? And can there be a day you don't use one on your, you know, queen?"

 

"You outlawed coffee," Citrus said.

 

"No I didn't."

 

"Yes you did, it's in the lawbooks."

 

"Unless someone is impersonating me, that did not happen." They thought for a second as to who could impersonate her.

 

"Well, I think we're going hunting," Citrus said.

 

(Co-written with Sweet-Gem.)

 

A steel cage lowered, fencing the ring.

 

Announcer: This is a steel cage match. During this match there are no disqualifications. The only way to win is to escape the cage with both feet hitting the floor. Introducing first, standing at five feet, and weighing at 180 pounds, from North Torn, Citrus Snow!.

 

Citrus came down the ramp. She pushed open the door.

 

Announcer: And her opponent-"

 

Arson didn't listen to the announcer, staring at the fifteen foot monstrous cage, and he thought, this will be fun. Just you wait mutt, I'll make you pay for your humiliation. He narrowed his eyes.

 

"Some say I'm pure evil

And yet I say right back

I am, I am

Am I evil?

I am, I am."

 

A drenched GM came out, wearing form fitting cranberry velour pants and shirt. He came around to the announcing desk, and sat with them.

 

Richard Littles: We saw yesterday you got the bear minimum of respect you're owed.

 

Richard Biggs: I can't bear the thought of that happening again.

 

Jesus: Yes, yes, make fun of your general manager. You two are here simply because you flunked kindergarten.

 

The match began, and Citrus rammed Arson. He jumped over her headbutt attempt, and landed on her back. He chomped her backside for revenge from yesterfortnight.

 

Citrus shrieked.

 

The kimodo dragon boss and TML watched. Kimodo eating salty and sweet snacks, watching the gladiators facing off.

 

Richard Biggs: Arson is quite the ankle biter. You think he has a chance to win?

 

Jesus: Of course he won't. He's up against Citrus, one of our finest.

 

Richard Littles: She has the lowest rank in all of Beast Games.

 

Jesus: ...Okay.

 

Citrus flipped onto her back, crushing Arson.

 

Some water monitors laughed with their kimodo boss as Arson got crushed.

 

"Typical." Citrus' eyes widened as she got launched into the air. She grabbed the fencing, and saw Arson's armor glowed purplish.

 

Richard Littles: This version of you prefer Jesus, right?

 

Jesus: Yes, the Hedonist likes the name Jesus. Would you like to know about all four versions of me and our attitudes?

 

Richard Littles: Well Jesus, you are Citrus' writing agent. You chronicle her stories. But is it true that you also are subservient to her?

 

Jesus: ...Yes.

 

Arson climbed the cage fencing and threw her down.

 

Richard Littles: What's it mean if she loses?

 

Jesus: What's it mean if Santa Claus goes streaking across the presidential building? It ain't happening.

 

Citrus bounced off the mat. Arson charged her, but she kicked his snout with a buck. Blood spattered. Arson growled and healed his broken nose with his gems. He summoned two copies of himself while running around Citrus in a circle, going for multiple tackles.

 

Citrus spat out a ball of light. It blew up. A high pitched whine filled the area as well as sun-gazing destructive light.

 

Audience members flinched from the light and sound.

 

Jesus: Gonna need no eyeballs to beat her.

 

The sound didn't get to Citrus. She saw Arson staggered, and threw him in the air. She dropped on her back. A matrix shift. He fell onto her legs stomach first before she tossed him aside and ran for the fencing.

 

Then, Arson vomited. Audience members expressed disgust as Citrus got out of the cage with the announcement of her win.

 

Jesus came out to hold up Citrus' arm. "Thank you, thank you all."

 

...The minutes passed. TML stood with his guards outside of a building. Draped over his arm was the armor Arson used to wear.

 

Arson stared down, until he noticed a shadow falling over him. He stared up.

 

"You gonna laugh at me too?... Like your boss?"

Tikara shook his head.

 

"No." He stooped down.

 

"I only wanted to encourage. You gave it your all, and I hope that in spite of your loss, that you won't see yourself as worthless." He told him softly.

 

Arson sighed. "Well I don't think that will be a problem, cause I never look at myself that way. But that doesn't help how awful I feel." He lowered his head."But I guess I should've seen this coming. After a long streak of wins in the past...a loss was bound to come sometime. It's like I've got everything taken from me. My more comfortable life that my superior gave me, and even the life before that when I was around more familiar faces."

 

Tikara lifted his hand and hesitated before placing it on Arson's head, making him lift his head up in surprise.

 

"At least you're still able to live.*

 

Arson growled in annoyance initially, but soon sighed.

 

"I'll allow it..." He whispered.

 

Tikara stroked him a few times, before he snuck a claw underneath his chin to give a little scratch. That earned a shudder, squinting of Arson's eyes, and a purr. After all...that was his good spot. The half saber stopped and leaned over to whisper in his ear, "Don't let your pride get you killed" Tikara stood up.

 

"Hey big guy!"

 

Tikara turned around.

 

Arson looked away. "Th...Thanks."

 

He smiled and nodded.

 

Arson sighed after watching both groups get closer to their ships. Swillow approached him. He bowed. "I am ready to serve... Queen...Swillow."

 

Citrus brought out a jester uniform. "Here's your new outfit, kid."

 

Arson said, "...How am I supposed to put that on?"

0