Chapter 12: Artesian Tournament Finals
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First third of Artesian Belt Tournament kicked off.

 

Richard Biggs: This is a match in an obstacle course in a triathlon. The winner of two out of three events, will win the entire thing.

 

On the beach, Inari and Rexcelsis squared off. Rexcelsis gave an evil grin. The bell rang.

First, they ran up to a board. It was connect four. Two giant discs in front of either of them sat, and the goal was put the disc where it would take the win.

 

Rexcelsis paused as he wasn't sure how to play connect four. He went to the library, with two hulking steps, and put on his best spectacles while he read.

 

Inari climbed the side of a cliff leading to the beach. Then put down the disc, which unlocked a gate mechanism. Inari went on past.

 

Richard Littles: Inari has won the game of intelligence before Rexcelsis could.

 

Rexcelsis came back, and threw the connect four table over. He then roared at it.

 

 

Richard Biggs: Here we are, in between Rexcelsis and Inari round one.

 

Richard Littles: We're going to start off with some news. The match of Mosor and Citrus Snow has turned into a tag team ladder match against Berand and Leroy for the ice cream truck.

 

A miniature of the ice cream truck hung fifteen feet above the ring as all four settled in. The bell rang.

 

Mosor ran at Berand, and Berand grabbed Mosor. No way to get out. Berand threw Mosor down, and grabbed Citrus before powerslamming into the mat. Leroy rolled out.

 

Leroy's point was to get out the ladders and get the shit to get out. Chairs flew into the ring, which Berand grabbed to hit Mosor across the back with. Mosor stood up, to get popped with a chair again. And again and again.

 

Leroy slid in the ladder. A mass came at him, a Jesus doing a spear, but Leroy jumped and diamondcuttered him. Jesus hit the ground, and Leroy crashed his leg on the back of Jesus' head. Leroy climbed into the ring.

 

Berand held up the ladder, at an angle. Citrus took advantage and jumped on the ladder as she ran up for the miniature. Berand twisted the ladder around, and Citrus jumped off to return the diamondcutter onto Leroy.

 

Leroy's snout smashed into the mat, and he got back up stunned. Blurred vision, saw Berand put ladder down. Establish that ladder.

 
 

Mosor's back was bruised, and she couldn't summon the strength to stand up as each of her nerves screamed from the pain.

Citrus stared at her partner, and saw Berand ascend. Citrus pushed at the ladder, and tried tipping over. But Berand had quite the girth, and it took some pushing. Berand got down on a lower rung and jumped off before the ladder went over.

 

"Leroy, get the tables!" Berand ordered.

 

Citrus hopped at Berand, looking to pounce him. But Berand grabbed Citrus and spun for a powerslam again. His massive girth made Citrus' air rush out her mouth. Berand grabbed a top rope, and jumped as high as he could before falling on Citrus again. Then did it again.

 

Berand got to his feet, but Mosor jumped on his back. Berand couldn't fight Mosor off, went backwards, back of head crash, make brain bounce. Hurt jiggled around his skull, made mad migraine.

 

Mosor jumped out of the ring, getting height of almost nine feet. Got Leroy as she got down, in a choke, into the DDT. Lizard boy struck his snout again and got knocked out of the match.

Berand put the ladder back up. Conscious enough to fight again. He started to climb back up the ladder, taking great strides to take a breath, but Citrus wouldn't stop. Mosor and Citrus both back in the ring, and Mosor climbed the opposite side of the ladder.

 

Snap decision, take out one or the other. With a punch through the gaps of steps, Berand got Mosor back down. Citrus tried to push the ladder over. And ladder over went, Berand a falling with it.

 

He smashed into a wooden table set up by Leroy.

 

Citrus got straight to getting a new ladder. And set it up in the ring. Took the old ladder, and fit it. Between two ring ropes, and between some rungs of the new ladder.

 

"What are you doing?" Mosor asked.

 

"You grab Leroy, and we slam him into the ladder, alright?" Citrus got on the horizontal ladder, and climbed to vertical ladder.

 

A new ladder fell on Citrus' vertical ladder. It made a v with the ground. Berand ran up the ladder, got to the apex. Citrus jumped over him, but Berand grabbed Citrus and both came down.

 

Berand bombed Citrus into the horizontal ladder. Metal snapped.

 

Spine of Citrus almost snapped, and Citrus had problems trying to stand up. But then Leroy came and grabbed Citrus' leg. He rammed it into the ladder. Thud, and clang of metal. And again.

 

Mosor ran at Leroy, but Leroy whipped her in the face. Mosor rebound as Leroy went and dented metal. Snap, and Citrus' leg must have gone broke as a joke. Leroy came up the ladder, going for that token then.

 

Mosor tried to push on the ladder, not that the blood pouring down an eye helped matters much. But Leroy jumped up on the clothes hanger. He tried to grab the miniature as he clung and ripped it off.

 

Leroy and Berand won the match.

 

 

Summer Games, a chapter each week.

 

 

Richard Biggs: Alright, next is the game of courage.

 

Richard Littles: To win this game, they have to get atop the cliff.

 

Pistons and machines whirred from the cliffside. Thousands of arrows went at either of them. Inari tried to sidesteps each of the arrows.

 

Rexcelsis approached the arrows which bounced off his skin, then jumped up the cliffside.

 

Rexcelsis won.

 

 

Mosor supported Citrus as they went down the hallway. Leaving the stadium, heads low, it felt rather rough. First team game and they lost.

 

Richard Middle came up to Jesus, Citrus, and Mosor. As the triad had been trying to talk, Richard came with a microphone. "Excuse me, it seems you've lost this ladder match. Care to answer some questions?"

 

Jesus took the microphone and coughed. "These clients, these wolves, were cheated. They had their stuff straight stolen by these thugs. But I'm glad to say, I am glad to say, that the SOS will be getting demolitioned in a couple chapters. It won't take long at all-"

 

Berand ran over Jesus with an ice cream truck and drove over. Citrus and Mosor got out of the way.

 

"That thing is silent as hell," Citrus said.

 

 

Richard Biggs: This match is a fight.

 

Richard Littles: These two are in the stadium, for the biggest match we have ever seen. The first to get the pin holds the Artesian Belt. This is a No Holds Barred match.

 

Rexcelsis and Inari squared off in the stadium. Audiences could roar or scream, but it would get drowned out by Rexcelsis' roar before he unleashed the death beam.

 

Inari sidestepped the Death Beam, trying not to get vaporized. Inari came in at an angle, before using jets of flames to jump into the air. Eye level with Rexcelsis before she flung her tails out.

 

Rexcelsis bit Inari's tails, receiving them and he flung Inari into a wall. Crack, and a kitsune shaped imprint on the wall.

 

Richard Biggs: Need to know about life after death? Just ask Inari.

 

Inari shook her head. Body wracked with pain, but Rexcelsis couldn't be that strong. Inari ran down the stands.

 

Rexcelsis aimed to bite her, but Inari jumped up, onto his snout. Then Inari released flames to burn the dinosaur. Tyrannosaurus Rex reared before, but as Inari fell, Rex's claws grabbed at her then. Rexcelsis bombed Inari down.

 

Concrete has no give, nor no bounce, but at that force Inari had to come back up. Rexcelsis' raised his tail, higher than Inari, and smacked Inari down, grounded.

 

Richard Littles: We have never seen Inari getting decimated quite in this way.

 

Inari rose up from the pit of pain and coughed. Each hit by Rexcelsis was like getting hit by a train on steroids. But a kick from the lizard to Inari's side, made Inari skid. Right into the column, which would knock it over.

 

Beam charged and ready, Rexcelsis released.

 

Inari smirked.

 

Inari dodged the beam, and the column went down. Inari ran in a circle, and more columns went down until...

 

Richard Biggs: HOLY SHIT!

 

Richard Littles: WEAR YOUR HARD HELMETS!

 

Rocks bonked their nuggets and took them out of the equation, and the audiences. In fact, it took out Rexcelsis as the ceiling caved in on him.

 

Richard Short and Inari survived, Inari in a pit. With a bounce, Inari pinned Rexcelsis. Three count, and Rexcelsis had lost. Perhaps fourteen tons of plaster would do that.

 

Jesus came down to the ring, holding his leg under his arm. He then reattached the limb to his pelvis. It was backwards, but it would hold for now.

 

Anyway, he came to Inari. He held up the belt, and tossed it at her. "It's yours, Inari. You are our first Artesian Champion and now you can use Lous."

 

Inari said, "Yeah, so, how's the powers of it work?"

 

"No spoilers you little shit. Celebrate or get out."

 

Arson ran down to the ring with Inari, and both celebrated. Jesus gave Arson the belt and whispered in his ear. Arson nodded, and wrapped the belt around Inari, making the audience cheer.


Rexcelsis and Leroy belong to Gamer's Guide to Becoming a Dinosaur by Savagemercy
Berand belongs to Experimental Dungeon Novel by Kgy121 
Swillow and Citrus belong to Swillow the Slaughterhound
Mosor belongs to the Firefly Diary
Inari belongs to Ascend by Syruscoy
Arson belongs to Sweet-Gem
0