1.0 – Admissions Test
204 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alterez Kingdom, inside the royal academy. 

 

“A recommendation from Madame Olivia?”

 

In front of the middle aged man was a girl around 15 years old with an extremely beautiful face, long silver hair that flowed down her back, and large ruby eyes. Her assets weren’t overly exaggerated, and appeared to be just right.

 

The sight of her caused him to be infatuated. Despite having seen a lot of nobles and beauties, he felt that perhaps not even the Duke’s Daughter Amelia Caedes was a match.

 

When he thought of this, he snapped out of it. Was she related to the Caedes Duke somehow? Ruby eyes, wasn’t it the trademark of their bloodline? 

 

He had heard that he only had two children, an eldest son, as well as a daughter, and Amelia didn’t have ruby eyes but eyes of sapphire. He felt amused, whether she is an illegitimate child or someone without a relationship to them, a storm was about to stir. 

 

“Teacher?” Seeing the man getting lost in thought again, Lumi called out to him, this time, he remembered what he was guarding the door. He looked at the letter in his hand.

 

“Unfortunately the letter is sealed in a way that only the addressee could access it, otherwise the content will be destroyed. I’ll need to contact the Principal.

 

He pointed towards an entrance on the side.

 

“The entrance is that way.”

 

Madame Olivia was someone with the highest standing in the Kingdom, the head magician of the magic tower, equal to the 4 ducal houses. The only person above her is the king himself.

 

Since she came with her recommendation letter, combined with her uniform, if it wasn’t to enter the number one magic academy in the kingdom, then what else?

 

“Thank you teacher~” Lumi waved at him before exiting the building, entering back into the campus. The autumn wind picked up, causing her long silver hair and skirt to flutter.

 

The uniform she wore consisted of a white buttoned down shirt, a blue blazer, a long skirt, stockings, as well as leather shoes. The blazer was navy blue, a color that represented the student was a commoner. The skirt was of the same color and went down below her knees, covering her white stockings. Her black shoes ended at her ankles, and didn’t have heels. They were made of a black leather, and fastened with a strap.

 

With light steps, she traveled down the road while following the signs. They led her to another building that was made of a type of white stone.

 

When she entered the hall, she discovered that it was separated into two parts. Parents wearing expensive and elegant looking clothes, were all standing to one side, while people who were wearing commoner clothes were standing on the other. The students were also separated into two colors, white and blue uniforms.

 

The white uniform represented nobles, while the blue ones represented commoners. It was only temporary, and they would change into different colors later depending on their focus.

 

Lumi felt people turn to look at her, whether it be because of her looks, or because she didn’t have a parent to come with her, she had no clue.

 

‘It looks like they didn’t start the test yet.’ The hall was messy.

 

Ignoring the gazes, she sat down on a bench located on the side. While wondering what she should do, she suddenly felt a strong presence look at her.

 

She followed the gaze to see that there it was a man in his 20s. He had sharp ruby eyes, blonde hair, as well as an imposing aura. He was the Caedes Duke Heath.

 

Next to him was another girl, she was likewise a beauty, with long blonde hair and sharp sapphire eyes that took after the man next to her. She appeared to be 15-16 years old, around the same age as her. 

 

For some reason, she felt that they were a little familiar. She smiled at the man, and he nodded before turning his gaze away.

 

“Father, is there something wrong?” The blonde haired girl looked over at Lumi before pouting. “You wouldn’t have had an affair right?”

 

“Amelia, watch what you say.” The man reprimanded her. 

 

Amelia stuck her tongue out and became silent again.

 

Lumi could naturally hear what they were saying. She was curious as well. Could they be the Caedes House?

 

When she first met Olivia, she had asked if she was related to them somehow, however, she had resolutely denied it. She was born in a small village, and her parents weren’t nobles, nor did she have a last name called Caedes. She was just Lumi, and if she really needed a last name, then it would be Lan.

 

But now that she saw them, perhaps she was related to them in some way. Unfortunately she couldn’t ask, since no one approached her. Despite the light smile on her face, she gave one a feeling of isolation, cutting her off from the world. Not to mention her ruby eyes. Since the Duke didn’t approach, then they shouldn’t either; lest they become implicated in a bad way.

 

Lumi closed her eyes, entering a shallow meditative state. The clock on the wall ticked down. There was still 30 minutes before the Admission Test began, and people were still coming in. A majority came in with their parents.

 

When there were 10 minutes remaining, at 9:50.

 

“It’s Prince Seig!”

 

“Kyaa!”

 

Hearing the commotion, Lumi opened her eyes. An entourage had entered. She didn’t know if it was a coincidence, but the light of the sun had shone into the hall, illuminating the group. They appeared as if they were blessed by the heavens, especially the one in the lead, with gold hair and eyes. He was the crown prince of the Alterez Kingdom, Seig Alterez, and accompanying him was another 3 men who were just as handsome.

 

To his right was a black hair black eyed teenager who was on the skinny side. He raised his hand, using his finger to fix his glasses, causing light to refract.

 

“My eyes!” Lumi heard a few screams of pain. 

 

He was the Chancellor’s son, Oscar Opes. 

 

The one on the left with sharp brows was Will Iudex. He had golden hair that was slicked back as well as blue eyes. He gave one a feeling of righteousness, and he had the largest figure of the group. Just like Oscar, he was the heir of the Iudex Ducal house. 

 

As for the one in the back, Flint Wynda had dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. Although his status was slightly inferior, only an earl, he was the apprentice of the captain of the Knight’s Order. He was in charge of the Crown Prince’s safety, a position he earned solely based on his sword skills.

 

The hall was filled with commotion, and everyone’s attention was concentrated on the group. This year was special, 3 out of the 4 ducal houses had someone enrolling into the academy, and 2 of them were heirs, not including the crown prince, who was going to be the future king. They were literally the future of the kingdom.

 

The group went over to the Caedes Duke.

 

“Father-in-law.”

 

“Brat, although you’re engaged, you’re not married yet.” Despite his words, he laughed and patted the teenager on the shoulders. 

 

“Prince Seig, Will, Oscar, Flint.” Amelia lifted the hems of her skirt and did a curtsy. 

 

“Lady Amelia, you’ve grown more beautiful since the last time I saw you.” 

 

Amelia placed a hand over her mouth and giggled. “Your highness, it's only been three days since you’ve seen me.”

 

Heath on the side rolled his eyes. 

 

The group didn’t leave from the periphery of the duke, it was because time was almost up, and  it would be rude to greet some and not the rest.

 

When the time was about to turn 10, the guards began to close the door.

 

“Please wait!” Someone shouted, the person had ran up and held the door, preventing it from closing. It was a cute girl with short pink hair and large blue eyes. She didn’t even have a uniform on, and was wearing the clothing of commoners.

 

“Sorry, only applicants for the test are allowed inside.” 

 

“I’m here to take the test as well, I was stopped by the teacher in the front.” She showed a look of grievance. She had overslept today for some reason. As a result, she didn’t have time to change into her uniform.

 

The guards hesitated, it was at this time that the Prince had come over.

 

“Since she’s here for the exam, then you might as well let her in.” Prince Seig had come over. “Even if she isn’t one, if her talent is high enough, the kingdom would be glad to accept them. Not to mention, she is a baronet.”

 

“Your highness.” The guards did a salute before letting the girl inside. She sighed and thanked him repeatedly. The prince smiled at her.

 

“No problem, as one of the future lights of our Kingdom, it is natural that I give you a helping hand,” he showed her a gentle smile before turning around and going back to his group.

 

The girl with pink hair looked around, and seeing that there was an empty seat next to Lumi, she went and sat down next to her.

 

“Hello,” seeing that someone came to her on her own accord, Lumi felt like she should greet her.

 

The pink hair girl greeted her back, “I’m Fina.”

 

“Lumi.”

 

“You’re here to take the exam as well?”

 

Lumi nodded. She then turned towards the direction of the Prince’s entourage again. It was because she felt the Prince scrutinizing her. 

 

He turned his gaze away as if nothing happened, but clearly Amelia was displeased. She covered her mouth and smiled, finding it cute. It wasn’t like she was going to steal him from her.

 

At this time, a beautiful lady in her mid 20s had come out of the door, signaling that it was time to start the exams. 

 

She had black eyes, and purple hair. She wore a dress of similar purple that was cut off at her at her bosom, exposing her cleavage. The dress was slitted on one side, and whenever she walked, it would reveal one her long slender legs. She also wore a pair of long gloves of the same color.

 

Is this really a teacher?

 

That was what Lumi thought. She was dressed a little too revealing. 

 

She blinked her eyes, should she continue to stare? For some reason a sense of guilt overtook her. 

 

“Everyone who isn’t applying for the exam, please exit the door to the left. There are refreshments that the academy has provided so that you may enjoy your time.” The teacher said.

 

After the parents said goodbye to their children, they exited the hall, leaving the room filled with students, as well as the teacher in purple.

 

She then led everyone out through the door she walked in from. It led them into a wide open field. Surrounding it was a forest, and scattered around the clearing were cages. 

 

The beasts inside them were banging and crashing on the steel bars, they released a blood thirsty aura.

 

Some of the students who saw this paled.

 

“Tsk, what a bunch of cowards.” 

 

One of the students sneered, he wore a blue uniform. He was fed up with the nobles acting all high and mighty, now seeing them shiver like a sheep waiting to be slaughtered, he was filled with a feeling of satisfaction.

 

He wasn’t the only one.

 

Of course, there were some who were indifferent, like the crown prince’s group.

 

“Are you okay?” 

 

Lumi turned to look at Fina, she was a little surprised to see that the airhead wasn’t showing a trace of fear. Instead, she had a calm look on her face.

 

“Your task is to kill one of the magic beasts within the cages.” 

 

Seeing the expressions on the students' faces, the lady traced her finger on her cheek, the corners of her mouth raised upwards into a playful curve. 

 

The group of students had mixed expressions, cautious, confident, fearful, as well as doubtful. 

 

[Thunder Whip]

 

She formed an electric whip in her hand, and with a spin, the whip broke the locks of all the cages. The beasts who were free started to come out one by one.

 

“The test begins now.” 

 

The teacher tapped the ground and flew upwards into the air, zipping away in a current of electricity. Seeing this, Lumi was filled with a sense of yearning. Could she learn how to cast magic like that as well?

 

“Those who fail to obtain a point will be disqualified.” Her voice sounded in everyone's ears.

 

Before anyone could react, Lumi ran forward, appearing next to one of the beasts. With a cute shout, she sent out a fist. The beast was slammed into the ground, causing a small crater to form.

 

7