Chapter #5.5
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A place near the town square.

Arthur managed to persuade Arnain and made him negotiate. They decided to do it in a house near the town square where he sat facing Arnain. Meanwhile, the square has not changed. The guards and Arnain's group were still staring at each other.

The two groups were awaiting the outcome of the negotiations between Arthur and Arnain, but both of them did not trust each other. Even though negotiations are currently being held between Arnain and Arthur. Most people in both groups do not believe that everything will end just fine.

City square, Arnain group.

"What do you think?" Ask Lea Mevel to Savis.

"I don't think it will end well."Said Savis answered Lea's question.

"Why do you think like that?" Luis asked to join the conversation.

"Have there ever been nobles who would be kind enough to give us something?" Said Savis explaining the reason for his opinion.

It is common knowledge that such things will happen to those who live where the people still use feudalism as the basis. The highest social strata will always be owned by nobles or wealthy merchants.

"What should we do?" Luis asked Savis.

"I have a plan, all of you just need to follow my plan."Said Savis offered a plan to Leah, Luis and others.

Command tent, 700 meters from the square.

"How is the situation?" Hans Hurtberg asked.

"It seems like the young master is negotiating with the group leader." Answered one of the guards, reporting to Hans.

"Keep an eye on the movements of those people. Don't let your guard down at all." Said Hans Hurtberg giving orders to his subordinates.

Hans Hurtberg has a good career as one of the commanders. Because he was close to the king, he was chosen to be the head of the capital's guard. A promising position. Because almost all the defenses in the capital were under the supervision of Hans Hurtberg.

For himself, this incident was defiling his good name and also the good name of the city guards. How can a city be easily penetrated by a group of amateurs? Hans Hurtberg thought irritably in his mind.

Hans also felt there was an oddity in this incident. So he hopes to immediately arrest one of the intruders to be intensively interrogated.

Negotiation Table

"I just want you to release all hostages. I can guarantee this letter will not be misused." Said Arthur explaining his request.

"Why do I have to believe you? You have nothing that can make me believe all your words." Said Arnain refused Arthur's request.

"You might think that right now, you are above me. But you should be aware. Everything you do is meaningless if this letter falls into the hands of an arian group." Arthur explained his position.

Arnain suddenly fell silent while listening to Arthur's words.

Everyone will suffer if I fail to get the letter. Arnain thought in his mind.

Arthur is in control of the situation. The letter he held was the key to his negotiations. All of this is the result of a special investigation conducted in the past few months.

The blue letter, called like that because it is a roll letter tied with a blue ribbon. The contents of the letter are the right of a small town in the kingdoms south. The place where Arnain and his friends live.

With the letter, the rights of the residents who lived in the city were lost and they could be expelled. For this reason, the existence of a blue letter was very important for Arnain who was fighting for the rights of the people in his small town.

"Do you have no mercy?" Arnain said as he lowered his head.

"The city where I live is very remote and far from a big city. The majority of the population is elderly. We ourselves have enough difficulties in surviving in that city. The only thing that keeps us going is our love for our small city." Arnain said, continuing his words.

"I got this letter after carrying out a special investigation a few months ago. The king himself has decided that the legality of this letter will be canceled so that the city residents who live there can stay as before. I hope you can trust the king." Arthur explained to Arnain.

"I hope I can trust the king myself. But it seems like it's rather difficult." Arnain answered.

"I will do anything. In order to make you believe if, the king will not want to do anything bad as you think." Said Arthur firmly.

"Why do you really believe in the king? Doesn't the king himself even raise you as his legitimate son? How can you believe him?" Arnain asked.

A statement that was quite sensitive and also piercing from Arnain to Arthur, the prince without a title. Although he had worked with the king for the past 2 years, the king also recognized his ability himself. But not with the king's recognition of him as a legal child. The king only recognized Arthur as his son to the extent of saying it, not really clarifying it in the official statement of the king or royal documents.

"Because if I don't trust the king. Then this kingdom won't be able to survive." Arthur explained.

"What do you mean? I don't understand at all." Arnain asked.

"Just like you who want to protect the small city where you live. The king also wants to protect this kingdom. Not because of the throne he has, but because of his desire and responsibility to protect what has been given to him. I can't let the king alone! " Arthur answered at length.

Amid the debate between Arthur and Arnain, there was a sudden noise. Then came one of Arnain's colleagues, Savis, into the negotiating place.

"I'm sorry to interrupt this negotiation, because there will never be negotiations." Said Savis brandishing a sword towards Arthur who was not armed at all.

"What does all this mean?" Arnain asked.

"I guess we've met, haven't we?" Said Arthur asking Savis who had just arrived

"I don't think I'll meet a troublesome person like you. Mr. Arthur." Replied Savis to Arthur.

"What do you mean by this? Have you ever met Arthur?" Arnain asked Savis.

"You don't need to think about that, Arnain. Just take the blue letter. We'll leave here." Said Savis explained his plan.

"You just remember my words, Mr. Calvez. The king will not do anything bad. As long as you do not leave him alone on his throne," said Arthur, giving Arnain a blue letter.

After that Arnain left with Savis with several other people. Among them are Lea Mevel and Luis. There was a battle between several people whom Arnain had invited before. They sacrificed themselves so that Arnain and several other people could survive. In addition, there was a group of people with black robes who is participated in the city square on Arnain side.

They use an object that can emit smoke after being thrown. It seemed that the smoke contained some kind of poison because Arnain saw many guards who fell unconscious.

"Who are those people?" Arnain asked referring to the group of black robes.

"They are our friends, you don't need to worry." Said Savis.

“Who are you really are?" Arnain asked Savis.

Meanwhile, Arthur, who was still waiting at the negotiation place, was visited by someone in a black robe.

"Good afternoon, Prince Arthur." Greet the black robed figure.

"I'm not armed, you can kill me easily now." Said Arthur.

"You are still useful to us. I just came here just to greet you and deliver a message from my boss." Reply to the black robed figure.

"I'm more interested if you give more information about your boss." Arthur answered with a slight smile.

"Hoho ... You have to find out for yourself. Just imagine if this was a game." Answer the black robed figure.

"Game? What do you mean?" Arthur asked.

"Let's just say, if you can find out who is the mastermind of this incident. You can meet my boss." Said the black robed figure.

"Wait, your boss is not the mastermind of all this?" Arthur asked.

"I don't know, it's your job to find out. After all, you know there is a saying 'Taking profit in the midst of chaos' I think you must have heard it." Said the black robed figure.

"Then what did your boss say?" Arthur asked.

"My boss said, 'What will you choose, the throne of the king or the head of a snake?'"

"Only that?" Arthur asked the black robed figure.

"Yeah, that's all I can say. Good afternoon prince Arthur" said the figure of the black shirt and then left the room.

Again, Arthur is faced with a puzzle that must be solved. This is not the first time he's got anything like this. So Arthur felt that all of this had been designed and planned well.

0