Chapter #6
57 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bellside City, A meeting between nobles

That night, the king attends a meeting in the city of Bellside. The meeting was carried out by royal loyalist nobles. Not all nobles come and attend this meeting.

"Everything goes well Duke Ulrie?"

"Everything is fine, the merchants are indeed very stubborn. So I have to use violence to fight them."

"You have to remember, Arians have Harwe as their protectors. You know that means right?"

"Why should we care?"

The two men who had been chatting were named, Duke Jan Fald from the provinces of Brovos and Duke Ulrie Regis from Carcas province. The two of them are discussing an incident that happened in Lyne. The incident involved one of the rich traders of the Arian group.

"Next time don't repeat the incident at Lyne. That could endanger the kingdom's position." Said the king.

"Sorry, Your Majesty. I promise I won't repeat it again." Said Duke Ulrie.

"I think it's enough now, I'll go to my room. We can continue this meeting tomorrow." Said the king gave the order.

"Fine, your majesty." Said the nobles who were in the meeting room in unison.

After that, the meeting was postponed and everyone left the meeting room.

King's private room.

When the king wanted to rest, someone knocked on the king's private room.

"Sorry, Your Majesty. I got important news." Said one of the servants.

"Come in." Said the king replied.

"Your Majesty, there is important news from the capital." Said a soldier who came carrying a letter.

"Give it to me." Said the king.

The letter obtained by the king was a report about an incident that occurred in the capital yesterday.

"Call Gallan now!" Said the king giving orders to one of the soldiers.

Shortly thereafter came the Gallan "The Black." Rowen. He is the king's right hand, someone who is trusted by the king.

"What's wrong, Ed? It's not usually you disturb my dinnertime." Gallan asked the king casually.

"There was an incident in the capital that happened yesterday. I want you to go to the capital tonight." Said King Edmund instructing Gallan.

"Is it so important that I have to intervene? Isn't the incident that often happens the capital is problem with traders from out of town? Why did you send me there?" Said the Gallan grumbled to the king.

"Okay, you can read this letter yourself." Said the king, giving a report letter to Gallan.

After reading the contents of the report, Gallan's face changed slightly. He became more serious and his eyes sharpened.

"This is a serious problem." Said Gallan.

"Go tonight. Bring some cavalry unit with you. I'll join you after the meeting is over." Said the king to Gallan.

"How about you Ed? Can you take care of all the things here?" Gallan said to the king.

"I still have Rayn and Issac here. You don't need to worry. After all, Arthur is the one who currently needs your help." Said the king to Gallan.

"Okay, I understand. I'll do my best. Your Majesty." Said Gallan, leaving the room.

"I depend on you, Gallan." Said the king giving a farewell.

After that, Gallan left the city of Bellside with 300 horsemen. Their destination is the capital, Alys.

The capital of Alys, two days after the battle in the square.

The news about the last condition Arthur got was that 120 people were killed. around 80 of them were guards who had previously fought in the town square. While the rest are victims of random murder.

At present the capital is closed. Through Hans Hurtberg's order, all access to entry and exit has been closed after the battle in the square occurred. Everyone trapped inside the city, including the rest of Arnain's group. There were random killings of civilians carried out by black robed groups. At present, Arthur and Hans Hurtberg do not know the exact relationship between the Arnain group and the black robed group.

"They still control one part of the city and their defense is difficult for the guards to penetrate." Said one of the guards giving a report.

The black-robed group and the Arnain group controlled the city area called the Aed district, one of the main districts in the capital. Most of the residents of the district were wealthy merchants and there was also a large storage area for goods, including the capital's food warehouse. Therefore, Hans cannot be careless in giving orders to avoid the large losses that might occur in that place.

"We have to keep pressing them. Don't give the enemy a break!" Said Hans Hurtberg giving the order.

"We cannot do the maximum attack with our current situation." Said Arthur giving his opinion to Hans Hurtberg.

"You have done your best, young master. At least let the guards under my command settle this situation." Said Hans.

"Do you feel excessive? In this city there are only 700 guards, before there are around 150 people killed and injured. Then using 400 people to surround the Aed district makes guarding access in important places neglected." Arthur said giving criticism.

"You are right, I can't deny it. But in war, you must finish your opponent as fast as possible." Hans said, giving his opinion.

Arthur was not sure of the decision Hans made. But he also did not know what to do, so Arthur just obeyed the decision that Hans chose. On the other hand, Arthur still believed that Arnain was nothing more than a tool used by someone who was behind a black robed group

 

0