Prologue, Trial by Fire Part 1
56 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Re: Kingdom, Prologue. 

The capital of the Alys fell in chaos. Many people has died in the chaos that happened. Because of it, there isn't much that can be done except saving their own life because now the capital has turned into a battlefield!

 

Twilight Kingdom, 1209 ED, King's Eras. 

 

Aed District. At a secret base underground of the capital.

There are two factions standing each other. On one side, there is Arnain and some of his fellows and another is the black robeb group. They standing on a big round table made by glise wood. That's mean, the table is like a high class property that is very rare to acquire.

Not anybody can buy table like that. Except for some of a rich merchant or some of a nobleman can buy it. Even Arnain just standing stood, watching that glorious table. That is the proof is that the table is a very high class for a place like this.

"We have agreed. Right?" Said a leader of the black robed group.

"Just take her and show the way out." Said Savis who is taking Arnain place as leader after a battle on city square two days ago.

"The tunnel is nearly done. Just wait for some days. And we all here, can out from this city." Said the leader of black robed group.

Like the initial agreement, Savis gave his main hostage, Alisa Harwe to the black robed group.

Upon hearing the conversation, Arnain felt something was wrong. He recalled what Arthur had just told him a few days ago. And he thinks what just he does is not a good choice, Arnain regret that in the past he has agreed and planning something that would be a massacre.

He never intends to kill people. From a man to a woman, Adult to children. Has same fate and died for the sake of Savis plan. Arnain never wanted to do mass killing like this.

Then Arnain walk his way and take a punch to Savis face.

"Why Savis? Can you tell me. Why you are so heartless?" Said Arnain with a tear in his eyes.

"Our people have suffered more than what this city has now. I think you know that." Savis said, trying to stand up

"You has wrong Savis. Our Goddess, Lady Euriele never accept this action that you have done." Said Arnain revering the teaching of Goddes of moon, Lady Euriele. 

The goddess of the Moon, Lady Euriele. Known for being associated with calm, patience and also trust. Therefore, many Mythes people chose to continue to live in discrimination rather than waging a new war with the king and the Arthians. As evidence of loyal followers of the moon goddess. Only a few of the Mythes became separatist liberation fighters.

"Why did you suddenly become so religious? Arnain? You're not the type of person like that." Said Savis to Arnain.

"I just can't let you kill more people." Arnain said to Savis.

"They made me like this, Arnain. You should know that." Said Savis.

Arnain knows Savis's past, which is the son of one of the separatist liberation fighters. His parents were killed and his younger sister were raped and became seriously traumatized. Then, he himself lived for 3 years mined as a laborer since the age of 8 years only to finance his family.

But Savis's younger sister died because of an outbreak of the disease two years ago. If only the distribution of medicines was evenly distributed and not only to the nobles and the Arthia people, then Savis younger sister might survive.

What Arnain experienced in his life was not as heavy as what Savis experienced. So he couldn't protest much about it. But Arnain tried to understand Arthur's words again.

Trust your king. The word that Arthur said to Arnain.

"If you can trust the king. Will you still do the same thing, Savis?" Arnain said to Savis.

"Stupid !! Do you think I can trust the king? The king who doesn't care about the Mythes like us?" Said Savis.

"If you trust the king, you still have hope to survive and maybe you won't want to do this plan." Arnain said giving the reason to Savis.

"That will never happen, just follow my orders and you will be safe." Savis said as he left Arnain and his group.

After that, Savis went to check the situation outside. While Arnain and other group members were forced to wait in one of the rooms and Savis also locked them in there.

In Arnain's mind many people had died in the streets of this capital city, he had seen it with his own eyes. More and more people will die and Arnain cannot do anything to avoid falling victim.

"Can I talk to you, but only with you?" Said Lea Mevel

Arnain sat down with his face down. His eyes became empty and it was clear if he was feeling heavy frustration. He did not respond to Lea Mevel's words.

Lea Mevel slapped Arnain's face and it regained consciousness.

"What are you doing?" Arnain said, angry at Lea Mevel.

"We have to talk." Said Lea Mevel.

After that, Arnain and Lea Mevel had one-on-one talks with Lea Mevel. Arnain was surprised if Lea Mevel was one of the spies of the Harwe family.

"So all this time? You just spied on me?" Arnain said.

"I'm wrong, I thought you were the one who worked with Jashin." Said Lea Mevel.

"Jashin? What do you mean, it name for that the black robed group?" Arnain asked.?" Arnain asked.

"Yes, they are Jashin. An elite group from the far east." Lea said to Arnain.

Arnain stand still freezes when knowing the truth. He never thought that Savis would cooperate with such groups.

"You have to be careful with them." Said Lea.

"Are they dangerous? I've never heard of Jashin's name before." Arnain asked.

"They are a trained elite group. There is not much you can do when dealing with them" Said Lea.

"What we will do?" Arnain asked.

"We have to prevent them. Because if we fail, war can happen because of this problem." Said Lea Mevel.

"War? Why can there be a war?" Arnain asked in confusion.

"They aim to weaken the position of the king. Just try to imagine, the king must face the Mythes and Harwe family now. Royal military power will not be a problem if they fight the Mythes in the south. But if they have to deal with the Harwe family who have thousands of mercenaries and help from 3 other kingdoms. This twilight kingdom will not be able to survive the war. " Said Lea Mevel giving a long explanation to Arnain.

"Then it will be worse than what happened here right?" Arnain asked.

"Much worse. You can see the same chaos as the civil war that took place 20 years ago. In that war there is no shelter for children and women. Even after the war there is still a famine that results from war." Said Lea Mevel.

"We must stop that!" Arnain said.

"First we have to get out of here." Said Lea Mevel.

"How do we get out?" Arnain asked.

"I have this thing." said Lea Mevel showing a silver key.

"How did you get it?" Arnain asked.

"You ask too much. Just follow my orders." said Lea Mevel.

Arnain was a little upset but he had no choice. He followed Lea Mevel's orders and finally got out of the room. Arnain had invited 3 other people who were with him Except for Luis because he disappeared when he was about to enter this base. But they chose not to do anything and follow Savis' orders.

Amid the trip out of the underground, Arnain and Lea had a conversation.

"Are you upset?" Ask Lea Mevel.

"What do you mean?" Arnain said.

"Your friend prefers Savis than you. Isn't that annoying?" Said Lea Mevel.

"I'm lying if I say no. But I don't want to think too much about it." Arnain said.

"Then you believe the prince's word?" asked Lea Mevel.

"Prince? Do you mean Arthur?" Arnain said.

"Yes. the unrecognized Prince." Said Lea Mevel.

"I feel if he is different from us." Arnain said.

"Different? What do you mean by being different from us?" Said Lea Mevel.

"His eyes and the way he speaks. I've never met anyone like him before." Arnain said.

Suddenly two Jashin members appeared in front of Arnain and Lea Mevel's way.

"How can you get out here?" Said one of Jashin man.

Lea Mevel quickly pointed a dagger to the chest of one of the Jashin members while Arnain tried to hit the other person.

But Arnain, who was poorly trained, was too late to move so he received a hit on his face.

"They are strong." Said Arnain.

"You won't win against them." Said Lea

"Then, how?" Arnain Asked

"I have a plan." Said Lea to Arnain.

"What is that?" Asked Arnain.

"Run, Follow me!" Said Lea as she ran away leaving the jashin members.

"Huh? Really?" Arnain said, grumbling irritably.

Arnain ran to follow Lea Mevel. At the underground base it is very wide, and there are only a few torches along the road that make Lea Mevel uses her feeling to find the escape route. 

Finally they arrived at a room and managed to escape. But in the room they accidentally entered, there was Savis and a man talking. But because the man was wearing a black robe and a face mask. Arnain could not recognize him.

Maybe he was the leader of the Jashin group. Because he sat in a big chair and there were several female servants who served him and there were also guards who were also Jashin's group.

"I've given Alisa Harwe to you. Is there a problem?" Said Savis.

"Of course, there is no problem with our agreement." Said the mysterious figure.

"Then why did you call me here?" Said Savis.

"The problem is, Game."

"Game? What do you mean?" asked Savis.

Then from behind Savis someone appears with a small dagger. He moves fast and stabs Savis's back. While the mysterious figure stood from his seat.

"In this game, no one should know my identity.." said the mysterious figure who slowly went into the shadow and disappeared.

Arnain and Lea could not move or do something at that time. They only saw Savis lying down and the red blood coming out soaked the ground.

"How does it feel?" Said the man who stabbed Savis.

"You are...?"

"So all this time...?" Said Savis continued.

"Yes, you know me right? I'm Luis." Said the man who stabbed Savis.

Not only Savis, Arnain and Lea were also surprised by what he saw. Luis is a 15-year-old child. Not unexpectedly he had collaborated with the Jashin group.

"We must help Savis!" Arnain said whispering to Lea Mevel.

"But-"

Before Lea Mevel finished saying, Arnain stepped forward and approached Luis, then tried to catch him.

Luckily, Arnain managed to catch Luis. So Lea Mevel moved quickly by taking the dagger that Luis still held and then pointed the dagger towards Luis.

"How can you two be here?" Said Luis, who was surprised by the appearance of Lea Mevel and Arnain.

"Where is Alisa Harwe?" Ask Lea Mevel.

"So you are the one who works with the Harwe family huh?" Said Luis.

"Luis tell me the truth!" Arnain said.

"You're the one who planned this, right? I don't need to tell you anything." Said Luis.

At that time, Savis who fell trying to get up stood up. Then Luis moved quickly by kicking Lea Mevel so that the dagger he held fell.

"What!?" Said Lea Mevel who was shocked.

After that, Luis used his left foot and kicked Arnain's leg so he could escape from it.

"How can?!." Arnain said, surprised by Luis's movement.

"You're too weak Arnain." Said Luis.

But when Luis was talking to Arnain, Savis attacked him from behind with a sword he was carrying. But Luis managed to dodge and he kept his distance.

"Three against one. Can we make this more fair?" Said Luis.

"No!" Said Arnain, Lea Mevel and Savis together.

After that there was a battle between 3 v 1. Luis was alone and still young. But he was able to keep up with Arnain, Lea Mevel and also Savis.

"Aww ..." Lea Mevel said, hit by Luis's dagger.

"How many daggers are you carrying now?" Arnain asked.

"You always have to carry backup, right?" Said Luis.

The fight continued but this time only Savis and Arnain fought Luis. Even though he was injured badly enough, Savis continued to force himself to fight.

"You aren't strong enough against me." Said Savis.

But after he said that, Savis stepped forward with all his remaining strength and managed to hit Luis's face and caused a scratch on his face. Therefore Savis was also hit by a slash from Luis on his right shoulder and immediately lay on the ground.

After his face was hit by Savis, Luis slowly backed away. But Lea Mevel moved quickly and managed to drop Luis on the ground.

"Can you still move?" Luis asked.

"That wound is not enough to defeat me." Said Lea Mevel.

But Lea Mevel could not hold it long and finally Luis ran away. Arnain saw the condition of Savis who was seriously injured and wanted to help him. But Savis refused.

"Let me die peacefully." Said Savis.

"After you messed up the capital and also triggered a war, you want to die peacefully? That's really unfair Savis." Arnain said.

"The world is unfair that you should be aware of it." Savis Said.

"Even though we are different in choosing the way of life. I still think of you as my friend." Arnain said.

"You will also die and catch up with me later. We can talk again as a friend." The last word from Savis before he died.

The last words from Savis to Arnain are proof that both of them still have relations with each other and Arnain will never change that.

Amid the sadness that hit Arnain. Lea Mevel gave Arnain something and it was a small piece of paper.

"What is this?" Arnain asked.

"I don't know, but I got it from Luis." Said Lea Mevel

 

 Trial by Fire Part 1.

1