Enter the big fish’s ocean (3)
66 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jeol thought she was able to witness something very important for her career, a conversation between two immensely powerful individuals. To make sure she understood the dynamic of the hunter's politics, she needed to see them, see how they interact with each other. She needed to know as much as possible about them.

However, things weren't going to be that easy for the icy woman. The one who had been designated as President of the Black Mambas, threw a sharp look at her subordinates who all got her message in an instant. They got up, bowed, and then left the room. Gumiho smiled at the woman as he threw an arm around Jeol's shoulder.

"I trust you won't mind if I talk a bit with my assistant we start another three hours long session, right ?"

At this, the woman merely nodded and turned her attention to a glass of soju that Gumiho had given her at the beginning of the meeting. Jeol had found it weirdly polite of him but hadn't commented on it.

Gumiho led his assistant outside the room and poked her cheek. She wanted to remove his arm, but she found out he was actually keeping her in place quite tightly.

"Dear assistant, don't be too sad that you won't get to witness this meeting. I know you have quite the eagerness for knowledge, but you'll have to pass on that one." He said cheekily, his smile widening even more after Jeol levelled a half-hearted glare at him. She knew she couldn't quite object, but she was still unhappy.

Yet, Gumiho didn't allow her to leave just yet. He lowered his head and whispered in her ear, his tone sending shivers through her entire body. He was quite inept at changing his aura constantly. What was before a jovial and eccentric self-proclaimed mentor, turned into a dead serious superior whose eyes Jeol couldn't even meet.

She was usually the dominant one in a conversation, but that was to change now.

"I will spend a great time teaching you about the world, about the many things that you do know. I am not keeping you as an assistant simply for the fun of it, though that is indeed one of my motivations. I am in need of you, for reasons that perhaps someday you'll know. Keep yourself busy while I am talking with that snake, and then I'll start your first...Lesson, so to speak. There is much to be taught, especially given that this country hides much more information than you think, my dear."

And with that, he pushed her away and closed the doors behind himself. Jeol was left standing there, not knowing what to do. It wasn't because she had no purpose, but more so because she was lost.

A myriad of thoughts clashed in her mind, and she couldn't quite put a word on the feelings that she coursed through her, putting her heart in a state of unease that she had never reached before.

It appeared that she was now paired with a man not quite unlike herself, but much more horrible. For the first time in many years, and without it even being intentional, she had been put back in her place.

While Jeol was left alone with her conflicting thoughts and feelings, Gumiho sat down on his seat and slouched in it. A stare from the steely-eyed woman elicited a sigh from the snow-haired man. He never liked how she was ruining her immense beauty by making the faces of a veteran soldier instead of the sweet girl he viewed her as. Everyone was sweet to a man such as him, so perhaps the problem didn't come entirely from her.

"You snakes and your habits...Useless, but pleasing I would say." He smirked and removed the jacket of his suit, showing the pinstripe yellow and white vest that he wore behind. The clicking of a tongue brought his attention back to the woman as he beamed at her.

"What is it, deary? Still angry that you couldn't get your hands on me ?" 

His yellow eyes shone in the darkness of the poorly lit room, and behind all the smoke that still floated around like a poisonous cloud. He was doing his best to strike a seductive pose but knew not if it worked due to how straight-faced the woman was.

"I did not come here for you to jest, fox. We have serious matters to discuss." Was her response as she sipped on her drink. 

Gumiho placed one hand on the table and the other went behind his right ear as he snickered.

"Could you perhaps talk louder? The softness of your voice may be endearing, but I can't quite hear what you're saying!" He mocked her. 

She cleared her voice and spoke once more, still in the same calm tone and with the same sweet and discreet voice. It would've been immensely unnerving to anyone, but not to the white fox that was Gumiho. 

"I know you always disliked those talks with the clans....'Middle-Age lords wannabe' you used to call us....But I am in need of your assistance." She pleaded, her onyx eyes closing a bit. Her cute little face was ruined by a deeper frown as her rosy lips trembled.

"Alright then, what is the planning for today's session, your highness?" He asked with a mock bow. 

Without correcting him, without mocking him in return, she placed her cup back on the table and answered.

"The Non-Human Pact and the situation with China...Perhaps the Scale Army if we have ti-"

A loud bang followed, causing the woman to wince in fright. Or perhaps it was the aura that came with the blow that frightened her. A yellow aura, so potent that it was like a bright yellow fire had been unleashed, coated the body of the fox whose eyes shone brighter than the sun itself. The smile plastered on his face remained still, and it was genuine enough to throw off anyone due to how out of place it looked at that moment. 

"We know how we both rank in terms of the two powers...You would do well to remember it, deary. We will not go over this topic, not now...Not ever.

Just as quickly as it had appeared, the aura receded. The beauty hid the trembling of her hands under the table and smiled sweetly.

"O-Of course.....I think I can understand why my mother loves to deal with you, fox." 

Gumiho ignored that comment and waited for the woman to lay out her problems. 

"I'm going to be really blunt here, fox.....This is the shittiest situation the nation had to go through ever since....Well you know." All her bravado had disappeared, and only a desperate woman remained. She wasn't quite coming to tears, but her whole body shook with emotions.

"The nation...Or the clans ?" Gumiho asked, watching her freeze for a moment before regaining her almost regal bearing.

"B-Both....The pact and the situation with China are affecting the two, perhaps not in the same way...But still. Both need all the help they can get." She pleaded once more. However, Gumiho wasn't quite ready to give in yet.

"Help, huh...I don't remember our elites being so weak. Is the help required to fix this situation, or simply to cover it up so the masses won't know...Once more..." 

His eyes bore into her very soul as she felt naked under those yellow orbs. It would revulse her if anyone else looked at her that way, but the same couldn't be said when it was that man.

"Fox...This isn't the time to play around. China is breathing down our neck and if the rumors are right...They stole something from us. The other clans won't take this matter lightly and the government...Well, we both know how limited their possible actions are. This is Korea, not a country that cooperates freely with it's hunters." She pressed, shifting once more in her shift. Her ample curves almost fusing with the couch as she slouched in it like Gumiho. 

The man in question licked his lips, which had the woman avert her eyes, and finally decided to stop messing around.

"Alright then, what would the Black Mamba Clan have me do....And what can you offer me in exchange for this task and my silence, Yoo Min-Hee?

3