CHAPTER 148: Meeting up with Family
786 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Chronicoms surprised attack on the invading forces was extremely well thought out and well-executed but the enemy forces were just too numerous for the lasers to handle alone. The moment the bigger ships safely descended on the planet, they immediately proceeded to destroy the planetary defenses of Chronyca-2.

Seeing this happening, Atarah ordered her pilots to fall back and return to the capital in due haste. She didn't want to lose a large majority of her forces due to them overextending themselves and defending something that was destined to fall.

To defeat the Chronicoms, the invading forces knew that they needed to attack the capital and destroy the command center. Without a proper command chain, any army would be easily dealt with and Ebony knew this. Without any delay, he immediately ordered all his forces to head straight to the Chronicom capital.

The moment they arrived, they saw a huge city defended by a large barrier acting as a dome. Inside the city, they could see cannons, fighter ships, and numerous Chronicom hunters with weapons on their hands. All of them were ready to engage the enemy head-on. But there was one individual that Ebony found interesting.

With the monitor of his ship, he zoomed in to the said individual and he immediately remembers who it was.

During the invasion of earth, he watched the entire thing play-out. From the release of the first Chitauri soldier to the defeat of Loki, he watched it all. It was during that time that he saw a man wearing a ripple pattern mask and a cloak with a red cloud design.

He immediately concluded that the person who is currently inside the barrier and the one who was on earth during Loki's invasion is the same person. Without wasting any time, he ordered all the troops to be released and ready for battle.

It didn't take long for numerous drop ships to hit the ground and with it releasing a swarm of troops compose of Krees, Marauders, Chitauris, Outriders, Sakaraans, and Easik. All these forces combined greatly outnumbered the Chronicoms forces in front of them.

It is true that the Chronicoms are more prepared for an invasion now more than ever but most of their numbers were not at home due to them collecting information on other planets, the Chronicoms were heavily outnumbered.

"BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!"

To maintain the numerical advantage that they had, Ebony Maw ordered every ship to attack the shields and had the troops ready to charge once it was breached.

"BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!"

Atarah knew that a prolonged attack was something that the shields could not handle. If she did nothing the shield will eventually break causing a massive opening for the enemies to storm the capital. She then activated her communication device and contacted Zero who is at the helm of the Chronicom forces.

"The shield won't last long. I'll open a portion to act as a chokepoint. Are you up for the challenge?", Atarah stated.

Zero smiled behind his mask and said, "Open it up. It's been a while since I got some exercise done".

The moment a small portion of the barrier was opened, Zero immediately charges towards the invading forces to begin a massacre.

While he was running, a puff of smoke appeared by his side releasing a sword that was sealed in his person at all times. The first enemy Zero killed was a large Kree soldier who wielded a massive ax. The blue alien didn't even realize how he died. One second he was excited to kill the man that was running towards him but the next thing he saw is the world turning upside down. His head was easily removed by the leader of Shadow.

The moment the head landed on the ground, the enemy forces became dumbstruck at what happened. Zero didn't even realize that the Kree he killed wasn't just an ordinary soldier but a soldier that attained the title of Accuser before defecting from the Kree Government. Seeing that their opponent was able to easily defeat someone like that of an accuser made the invading forces shock and be it a little bit afraid.

Zero scanned the aliens around him and he said in a mocking manner while waving his sword around, "Come on guys, if you want to destroy this planet, you have got to do better than that".

"AH!"

"DIE!"

"AH!"

The enemy forces did not take kindly to this insult. They immediately removed the fear of death from their minds and proceeded to swarm Zero with their numbers ready to kill him off. In just one exchange they knew that the masked man in front of them wasn't someone they could defeat 1 on 1, so they decided to use the one thing that they have plenty of, sheer numbers.

Zero smiled at this and just made multiple clones of himself and had them spread out in the entire battlefield. With this method, he was able to take care of the numbers advantage that the invader forces enjoyed.

While Zero is technically soloing the invading army, Atarah had the Chronicom pilots attack the enemy forces that were in the air. The sky soon became filled with ships trying to outmaneuver one another. It was because of this that multiple explosions began to take place on the battlefield.

Meanwhile on Earth: Norway

As both the invasion of Chronyca-2 and the attack of the Lighthouse were happening at the same time, Hela could be seen standing near a cliff overseeing the ocean. She felt the salty breeze as it hits her face. In the distance, a crow could be seen circling her as it flies in the air.

"Do you even plan on talking to me?", an old man said.

Hela glances at the only other person at the cliff with her, the person was none other than King Odin himself, her father. Hela looks at her father and she could see that he was extremely close to dying. The Odinforce that has made him one of the most powerful beings in the universe had greatly weakened. In fact, Hela was sure that her father is on his last legs and should have died months ago, if not years. It was probably by his sheer willpower alone why he is still breathing till now.

"To think that the mighty King Odin, one who was feared and respected throughout the entire galaxy would be placed in such a state. It is quite an interesting view to have", Hela said in a mocking manner.

As the number of days Hela stayed on earth increases, she could feel her powers increasing slowly as well. This would mean that the seal that King Odin placed her on was already weakening and close to being destroyed.

In all honesty, she would not have met up with her father. For her, there was nothing more between the two of them. He was just a man that was necessary for her to be born, aside from that he meant nothing to her.

It all ended when one day she saw his father's pet crow looking at her intently from a distance. At first, she didn't mind it but it soon became annoying to her. Aside from The Lighthouse, she would often see the crow watching her every move. To end this spying, Hela decided to meet her father once and for all.

"A strong man will always lose to time, no matter how powerful he was in the past", Odin responded.

Hela narrowed her eyes and stated in anger, "Tell me, why did you sent your crow to watch me! If you don't answer me now then I will leave for good and the next time I see that damn bird I will skewer it with my swords!".

Odin for a brief moment looks at his older child and said, "I am dying and with my death, Asgard will be powerless to defend itself. My other sons are currently not as powerful as you. I want you to keep the Asgardian people safe. I want you to prevent Ragnarok from happening".

Hela immediately laughed when she heard her father's request. The thought of her father asking her to protect Asgard was something she never thought of.

"Not only have you gotten weak but you have also gotten senile due to old age", Hela stated after she was able to calm herself down from laughing.

"Asgard is your hom---"

Before Odin could finish his sentence, Hela releases her power in the area. Numerous necro-sword appeared in the ground while a greenish cloud appeared in the surroundings causing the temperature to drop suddenly.

"I don't care about Asgard! Every single Asgardian can die for all I care! Asgard is no longer my home!", Hela stated in anger.

Odin looks at his angry daughter and he just sighed in defeat.

Hela for a brief moment thought of killing her father to exact revenge but as the necro-sword was conjured on her hand, she decided against it. She just looks at the once-powerful man in front of her for a brief moment and decides to leave. She made a green portal and walks right through it leaving an old man to looking at the ocean.

26