Chapter 150: AFTERMATH
638 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the war continues on the doorsteps of the capital city of Chronyca-2, Ebony became fascinated by the masked man who was leading the slaughter of his troops. Superhuman healing, superhuman strength, incredible fighting skills, abilities that seemingly allow him to produce elemental attacks, and a sword that could enlarge itself and enables the wielder to cut a drop-ship in half. These were just a few of the abilities that the masked man is showing yet both he and Thanos knew nothing about the man's existence prior to their involvement in Loki's attempt to conquer Earth.

But back then the masked man did not show any of his abilities that he is currently displaying. He was just spotted near a building watching the fight happening in front of him. Ebony, wasn't surprised by his abilities though. He still believed that Thanos could easily handle the masked man. The thing that made him interested in the masked man wasn't his numerous abilities but rather why the Chronicoms were allying with him. What did the man say to the Chronicoms that made them willing to fight Thanos, this was the question that made him more perplex the longer he thought of it.

Seeing their troops easily being disposed of, a high-ranking Chitauri soldier approaches Ebony and said, "My lord, our troops can't fight the masked man. He is easily killing them all".

Ebony did not respond but instead continues to watch the battlefield through one of the monitors of his Q-ship.

As a high-ranking Chitauri, the alien had his pride, and Ebony not answering his question made him angry and he said with a loud voice, "My lo--agh!"

Before he could finish his sentence, the Chitauri suddenly found himself incapable of breathing due to an invisible force suddenly choking him.

"agh!"

The pain quickly became unbearable that the Chitauri drops to his knees.

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me", Ebony said as he looks down on the pitiful Chitauri. "I am the commander here. You are nothing more than a creature that I allow to stay in my presence. Am I clear?".

The Chatuari could only nod strongly to signify that he understood Ebony Maw's order and threat. Once he was on the brink of losing consciousness, Ebony removed his hold on him.

"We will retreat. The abilities of the masked man are not something I could fight alone", Ebony stated as he looks at the numerous warships that accepted his offer to attack Chronyca-2, "We will use them as our rear guard so that we can escape first. Destroying Chronyca-2 as of right now is something I can't do alone. They had proven themselves to be a powerful adversary.

While the Chatuari was still on the floor trying to catch his breath, he looks at Ebony with contempt in his voice, "That's your plan?! You want us to retreat! As a member of the Black Order, where is your honor!".

To show that he was no longer amused at the Chitauri beside him, Ebony uses his power once again but this time he lifted him off the floor. As the Chitauri became shocked due to him floating in the air, Ebony said, "I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right, yet to fail nonetheless. That is the true meaning of defeat".

Ebony then used his telekinesis power to once again choke the Chatuari and said, "I am a member of the Black Order. A title that many in the galaxy covet for themselves. Do you actually think I got this title because I am stupid!".

"AGH!", The second time that the Chitauri disrespected him was the last time. With the use of his telekinesis ability, he choked him out until he was dead. After killing him, he had ordered some of the troops in the ship to take the Chitauri's body away.

Meanwhile, on the battlefield, Zero could be seen choking the life force away from a Kree soldier that was trying to kill him. After killing some of the invading forces at the beginning of the clash, Zero had opted to absorb their life force instead.

After killing the Kree soldier, he looks at the Q-ship in the distance. The moment he saw the Q-ship, Zero already realize that the Black Order was the reason why Chronyca-2 is being attacked. Based on his memory in canon, the Q-ship was used by Ebony Maw. There was no doubt in his mind that Thanos knew of the space probe that went missing in the past. The attack on Chronyca-2 is a testament to that.

At first, he wanted to destroy the Q-ship in the distance, but doing so would make him reveal more of the power he has. He had shown the invaders some of his abilities but he wasn't fully willing to reveal all of his cards. Thanos is a master strategist, him learning all his abilities was something Zero wasn't keen about.

As Zero was looking at the large Q-ship in the distance, he was suddenly surprised when the ship began to firing its trusters and fly up in the air. He then contacted Atarah and asked, "Where is that ship going?".

"It seems that ship is headed to space. Whoever is commanding that ship is retreating", Atarah stated.

Due to the retreat of the Q-ship, Zero could see the enemy forces being perplexed. While the more knowledgeable ones immediately got an inkling that something was wrong.

"IMPOSSIBLE! A MEMBER OF THE BLACK ORDER RETREATING!"

"DAMN IT! WE ARE BEING USE TO BLOCK THE ENEMY FROM CATCHING UP TO HIM!"

"RETREAT! EVERYONE BACK INTO THE SHIP!"

Some were angry at the Q-ship retreating while others already saw that continuing the invasion was pointless. Most of the enemy forces immediately began running back to their ships. Those that began running were the troops that wanted to curry favor with Thanos, something they saw as currently impossible. Only the remaining, Chitauris, Outriders, Sakaarans, and Krees wholehearted continued the fight.

The Q-ship didn't have time to get its forces back, so they had already sentenced the troops that they had landed on the ground to their deaths. While the Krees saw that retreating from a fight as something dishonorable. Kree blood has already been spilled in Chronyca-2, there is no retreating from that.

With more chakra in his body, Zero immediately made more clones and told them to kill as many of the retreating troops as they can. He even told them that if they can hijack some of the enemy fighter planes in the process then that would be a welcome outcome.

While the Chronicoms also went with his approach but instead of smaller fighter planes, the Chronicoms went for the bigger warships in the sky. Since more of the enemy forces were retreating back to their ship, the Chronicoms could easily take out some of these ships.

Due to some of the portion of the enemy forces still fighting in the ground and the Chronicoms being busy taking one warship at a time. Some of the Captains took this opportunity to immediately escape. Even if they had not got all their troops back in their ships, the Captains proceeded to escape anyway. You lose some men in some jobs and this was just a solid example of it.

The soldiers that got left behind had no other choice but to immediately surrender to the Chronicoms if they wanted to live. They would rather be lock up in prison rather than die a meaningless death.

AFTER THE WAR:

In the sky of the Chronicom capital, 2 giant warships were hovering in the air, they weren't hostile forces though. The said warships belong to the Nova Empire. Due to the distance, they had to travel they weren't able to take part in the war. The moment they arrived, every enemy forces were either killed or being placed inside a cell.

But since the Chronicoms didn't have much space to keep criminals, Atarah suggested letting the Nova Empire lock the invaders in their prisons. To show support for their alliance and to apologize for their late arrival, the Nova Commander in-charge of the 2 warships immediately took all the prisoners of war and brought them inside the ship. They were staying for the night and would return to Xandar in the morning.

The arrival of Xandarian warships in Chronyca-2 would signify to the galaxy that an alliance was made between both parties. This was something Zero just accepted. He wanted to keep the alliance a secret but since someone attacked Chronyca-2, Zero thought that hiding the secret was already pointless. At least the universe would now know that the Chronicoms were not a group of robots that anyone could bully easily. Stopping an invasion from the Black Order had shown to the entire galaxy that the Chronicoms weren't just a bunch of metal to scoff at.

23