Chapter 154: The Temple of the Forgotten
562 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The team soon found themselves in a forested area roughly 5 kilometers away from their said destination.

"Zhang Wei should be there", Zero stated as he looks upheld in the distance.

The key to any successful operation is a properly-well thought out plan of assault. Captain America wanted to immediately form an attack plan but he realizes that he didn't know any of Zero's abilities.

"Look, we need a plan and in order for me to think of 1, I need to have at least a decent amount of knowledge about your abilities to implement a good strategy", Captain America stated to Zero.

Zero looks at the Avengers and subsequent the other male Avengers and said, "I believe that you may be mistaken, Captain Rogers".

Steve became confused at this and asked, "What are you talking about?".

"I brought you here because S.H.I.E.L.D. was adamant that I take you but I am the one in charge of this team, not you".

"Are you serious? Agent Hill told us that you stated that this Zhang Wei is an individual that is a literal threat to the entirety of Midgard. Now is not the time to argue who is the leader", Thor replied on behalf of Steve.

"We only follow the person we believe that could lead us to success and victory", Hela replied.

"I have trust in Steve's ability to lead the Avengers, everyone here should too", Thor stated.

Bucky looks at Steve and said, "I'm sorry Steve but if I was to choose a leader, I would choose Zero". He then went closer to where Zero was standing and following him is Natasha Romanoff.

"It seems your teammate has made their decision", Hela replied.

Thor narrowed his eyes as he looks at the woman in front of him. Thor wasn't blind, he immediately realized that the said woman had been looking at him since the first time they met on the Bus. He didn't know why that was. He had thought that the woman was a fan or something, but now it seems that wasn't the case.

Zero then made a hand sign that released multiple clones beside him. The clones then went towards his team and wrote a seal matrix in each of their arms.

"What are they doing?", Bucky asked.

"The seals written in your body will help us neutralize one of Zhang Wei's abilities", Zero replied. The seals that the clones were writing were defense seals that prevent Zhang Wei from pushing their astral form out of their bodies. After his fight with Ancient One in the past, Zero had studied why his seal failed in the first place and it didn't take him long to make the seal that is currently being written on the bodies of his teammate.

"Hey, how about us?", Tony said as he hovered about them using his Iron Man suit.

"You see, instead of Steve not being the leader. I have a better idea now", Zero replied. He then took out the Tesseract and made it float in his hand. "I will have my team handle this. We will see you soon", Zero said as he teleports, Hawkeye, Thor, Iron Man, Bruce Banner, and Captain America somewhere in the outskirts of the Rainforest of the Amazon.

"So, let me get this straight. You ordered me to pick them up so that you can just teleport them to another location?", Bucky said as he looks at Zero.

"Apparently", Zero replied nonchalantly.

"Not cool, man", Bucky stated.

"Look, if Zhang Wei is in that Temple", Zero said as he looks in the distance, "We need to end him. I don't like the idea of him knowing my real identity. I have stayed in the shadows for so long and I don't fancy myself being brought into the light. Let's go", Zero said as he teleports the team right in front of the Temple of the Forgotten only leaving behind one of his clones.

Zero then made multiple hand signs and then slams his hand on the ground releasing a huge summoning matrix in the area. A huge puff of smoke soon filled the surroundings and out of it appeared hundreds of coffins with undead summoning soldiers inside.

He then ordered half of the Edo soldiers to spread throughout the entire area blocking out any escape route that Zhang Wei would take. While half of the Edo soldiers remained to lead the charge inside the temple itself.

The clone he had left behind in their previous location was tasked to manually control all the Edo soldiers he had summoned. The clone then made the Edo soldiers enter the temple but before they could even reach the opening, they heard footsteps coming out of the temple itself. The Edo soldiers then immediately jumps back to allow whoever was inside to come out.

"My, my, what a group of people you have here?", Zhang Wei said as he scans his surroundings. He could see multiple men with pale skin wearing black military gear surrounding the area while Zero is in front of him holding the Tesseract in his hand and behind him was his intimidating team.

"You have a lot of balls placing my disciple in a mind control", Zero said as he looks at Zhang Wei in the distance.

"You and I both know that wearing that mask is pointless towards me, Ethan", Zhang Wei said with a smirk, "Tell me, how would the entire world react when the smartest mind in the medical field is actually the man wearing that ridiculous mask? Most importantly, how would your family react? I wonder if I should tell them in person?".

The moment Zhang Wei insinuated that he would attack his family, Zero became mad and this made him release his chakra in the area.

"You dare!", Zero said as he made multiple clones of himself and had them teleport close to his family members just in case.

"Why? Was power really that important to you?", Kaecilious said as he looks at his former disciple. In his hand is the Wand of Watoomb, a powerful artifact kept in the Hong Kong sanctum. The artifact is 3 feet long with carved horn heads in each end. The artifact has the ability to absorb, redirect and amplify energy. After the mess that Zhang Wei did and him showing how truly powerful he was, Kaecilious wanted all the advantages he could get.

"What's the point in me explaining myself to you. Soon I will achieve my goal and become the ruler of this planet and then the entire universe", Zhang Wei exclaimed. "All that's left is for me to get rid of all of you".

"You wish", Zero said as the Tesseract glowed in his hands.

A one-kilometer radius blue dome soon appeared in the entire area, "Your desire of conquest will be nothing more than just a pipe dream. I'm taking back the 3 monoliths, and killing you in the process".

"HAHAHAHA, You are already too late", Zhang Wei said as a hundred incorporeal beings swarm out of the portal, all of which were headed towards Zero and his teammates. All of the incorporeal beings wore long robes covering their intangible bodies. As they were charging, the team could see most of these creatures having reptilian-like features.

"What! He already opened the portal, but how?! The sanctums never detected any anomalies happening", Kaecilious said as he immediately conjured a mandala shield in front of him just as a precaution.

But before the incorporeal beings could come near them, Hela immediately conjured multiple necro-swords and threw them at the charging enemy.

The incorporeal beings were not scared at the swords headed straight at them. They were confident that any material attacks would be useless towards their bodies. They all believed that no weapons on earth could harm them, and they soon realized that it was a huge mistake.

As the necro-sword went towards them, the event of them passing through their bodies didn't occur. Instead, each of the necro-sword pierces them with great ease.

All of them became shocked and were stopped in their tracks. The other incorporeal creatures could see members of their group shrieking in pain and thrashing around in the air.

"Is that the best you could do?", Hela said as she conjured multiple necro-swords and proceeded on killing the incorporeal beings that Zhang Wei had summoned. The creatures could do nothing but try to escape the death that Hela was giving them. Some even went towards the sky to escape but they soon found themselves incapable of escaping due to the blue dome surrounding the area. All of them had thought that they could easily achieve the one thing they wanted, a physical body. But now due to Hela's actions throwing multiple necro-swords around, they had to admit that it would be very hard to achieve such a goal.

20