The Gray Volk (chapter 5)
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

11.25 p.m.

The Balwoods mansion was relatively small compared to the rest of the elite houses of the former South African Republic. It was surrounded by coniferous trees unusual for this area, which were clearly modified for this warm area. Also, the mansion was not far from Richmond. It was here that Christian went immediately to the rescue of Ivan. Despite the indication of an unknown voice, he still warned Bastion corp. about the abduction of Ivan. From the management of the company came a decree to act alone according to the instructions given, to apply force if necessary. Mercenary forces of Bastion Corp will coming up to Richmond and give support to the evacuation of VIP.

Meanwhile, Christian stood in front of a massive high-tech gate, which was not guarded from the outside. A signal sounded and the gate swung open in front of him, revealing to Christian a view of the lake and the mansion standing next to it. Near the lake ran the road leading to the mansion. A dim light burned in the mansion make it more gloomy than it was in reality. For the time while Christian walked to the house, he wasn’t met by any guards, watchdogs or androids. It seemed to him that the mansion was uninhabited, but this feeling was false. Here was Ivan and the unknown enemy. He entered the building, walked through several white rooms in which the windows were open and the night wind stirred the curtains. Then he entered a large, dark room in which he saw a man wearing a black bag.

- Ivan? - Christian asked.

Suddenly, a woman emerged from the shadows and pressed a dark dagger to Ivan’s throat. “Do not make any sound,” she said, and took off black bag and allowed Ivan to see Christian.

At the same time, a tall man appeared in the same way. He was wearing an Italy Renaissance men's suit decorated with gold. His neck had a white jabot, his hair was long and blond. His look exuded an incredible charisma, and his face was so beautiful that it would make all the 14th century court ladies blush if they lived to the present day.

Unfortunately for him, Christian did not like the handsome man and kidnappers of his best friends. He pointed a gun at the man and said: “Release Ivan immediately!”

The man smiled at him and said:

 “I’m afraid you’re in no position to dictate terms to me Christian — then he transmitted his thoughts «telepathically». - Especially when you are in my territory!

- Who are you?

- That is correct question Christian! However, your friend - A man claps Ivan on the shoulder - Ivan seems? He knows the answer. Now it does not matter, because you have what we need in your hands. And I need you to bring it in exchange for Ivan. As a gesture of goodwill, I have showed you personally that he is safe and sound.

- What do you need?

- We have learned that you own the technology that originally belongs to us, and yet you brazenly came to our house and decided to rob us? This will not work.

- What technology are you talking about?

- Didn't they tell you? Stop fooling around! You have my android in your hands! And my work that you destroyed! Do you think I'll just let you both go? - From the shadows, even more people began to appear armed with cold weapons.

 - If I give you the development now, and then the android you let go of Ivan? - Christian asked.

- No Christian, I need everything at once, but I see you have no android with you. We'll have to take away your booty from you by force - the man said and bared his fangs.

 

An hour earlier on the experimental teleportation launcher of Bastion corp., located on a secret base in Vladimir.

Igor was in a special capsule dressed in the newest power armored suit. Inside the capsule were several compartments with weapons intended to fight "vampires". Creatures appeared as a result of the crossing of creatures from another world and people.  The creatures from another world were disembodied and they could capture instantly the bodies of specially selected people. After a long possesion the so-called «spirit» transformed dramatically the human body and give him metaphysical properties, for example: «Telepathy», «Telekinesis», «Pyrokinesis», «Clairvoyance» and so on. "Vampires" spread throughout the world after the explosion of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, but not as a result of the explosion itself, but earlier as part of one of the USSR’s secret experiments on installing a telepathic signal using special radio equipment. Unfortunately, the experiment was unsuccessful. Some scientists went mad, and some were captured by dark creatures from another world, as a result of which they were transformed into "vampires." When the entire USSR was focused on the Chernobyl disaster, the “vampires” were able to leave the USSR completely unnoticed and go to other places. There, mingling with the crowd, they began to strengthen their positions by manipulating gangsters, mercenaries and other people, seeking their interests.

Unlike television vampires, these creatures did not like only one thing from which they were directly vulnerable - spiritual energy. According to the research of the clan Sebastianov, as in our world in the other world, there are natural forces affecting the surrounding space, the so-called “mirror forces”. For example, if, in the understanding of man, earth is friable material from which it is possible to create some form. In the other world, it will be a subject of various forms that you can manipulate turning it into another form or material with the help of soul manipulation. The same was true, for example, of the force of inertia, it was not you who moved in space, this space moved towards you according to your soul influence. The stronger the soul was, the faster or stronger the effect was. In fact, this meant that the soul could not move independently in space; instead, the object was attracted to the soul. What caused real chaos because other creatures also had their will and could resist the influence of the soul. However, the most interesting thing is that such a “movement” did not affect the space as a whole, but only what the soul was able to “move”. If the subject was too massive, then the soul, on the contrary, was attracted to it.

The natural forces of the other world did not yet succumb to human explanation, but human souls in it looked like sources of light and attracted other microscopic or larger creatures. The soul could not only exude light, but also send a wave of spiritual energy with it, which frightened the local inhabitants. In its pure form, the spiritual energy delivered a direct blow to the soul after which it needed to recover, just like the body in the real world. Due to the fact that the surrounding objects could easily change the form and content, spiritualistic energy could also change depending on the will of its applying. Thanks to the technology of the soul, the clan Sebastianov managed to create special weapons that could be used exclusively by clan members and it was cold weapons such as swords, axes, halberds, and so on.

Masha and Mikhail Sebastianov came up to the capsule.

 - Igor. Do not worry about Masha, we will not give her to them. She is too important for us. And it will be too dangerous if she finds herself again in the hands of enemies. In addition, your task is only distraction. Our planes are already flying to Richmond. There are several units of our mercenaries and androids, they will cover your departure. If something goes wrong, pull out the body of my son. The Volk can protect itself. Good luck and go with God.

Mikhail and Masha moved away from the capsule for some distance. A group of scientists began to activate the teleportation launcher.

 - The countdown has gone. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! Start!

1