Peerless Pokemon Appears!
331 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Ubung's Gyarados filled most of the space between the two small armies, people on both sides retreated further to give more space.

  Machop stood before this massive beast unwaveringly.  His right foot drew back at a near 90-degree angle as his left foot faced forwards, his right arm drawn to his side held a fist as his left faced forward like a blade toward his enemy.

  Fighting the Magikarp from before was akin to a fisherman trying to beat an overly vigorous fish.  It was both embarrassing and comical.  Such as set-up could not truly be called a fight, unless one were weak enough to be knocked out by a fish out of water... if one is that weak, they can't expect to properly fight anyone in the first place.

  None of those 'fights' allowed Machop to show any of his skills.

  However, now, in the face of this enormous beast, his blood began to boil.

  A Gyarados is alike "The carp who leaped over the dragon's gate" it is the likeness of a Chinese Dragon, and holds all the properties of a dragon.  Higher level Gyarados in this world can instinctually utilize the intense energy of a dragon to move through the air as though it were water and fly.

  It was clear this gyarados was not that powerful, and had only just leaped the dragon's gate.  It could at best move on the ground like a python in order to fight it's opponent, completely unable to fly.

  "Since you have reached this far, I will tell you a story.  As I am sure you are curious why I raise only Magikarp and Gyarados, yes?"

  "Ah, no.  That's okay, let's just fight -"

"- When I was but a young lad, my father took me to fish on the sea every day."

  "Well, that's great, but-"

  "-I remember like it were yesterday, every day he would fish as I watched, and every day he would catch many Magikarp.  One day, I saw the rare sight.

  The great majesty of a Herd of Gyarados!  Even the largest pokemon in this world, the Wailords, would make way in haste in fear of provoking them.  The undeniable might of the strongest kind of Dragon!!  Capable of dominating the land, the sea, and even the air!!

  It was on the day I witnessed that Majestic sight, I decided the only Pokemon I would ever raise were Magikarp.  That one day, I would dominate the seas with my own Gyarados!!"

  "Ah, yes.  Well, Gyarados is indeed a strong Pokemon."

  "You know it well!  I begged my father for a Lure pokeball so I could catch my own Magicarp, but he refused me!!  Saying Magicarp are too weak, that I should go through the official route, get one of the free starter pokemon!

  So, I ran away!  A kind young man found me one day as I wandered the streets, he was so generous, allowing me to exchange my remaining worldly belongings and clothes for a Golden Magikarp.  This Magikarp became my first pokemon!"

  What a dumb reason to run away, and this... story sounds strangely familiar?

  "He referred me to a Team Rocket recruiter so I could get more money to buy more Magikarp.  Magikarp faced many troubles in fights, but with our efforts in training and my muscles combined, we managed to defeat our opponents and steal many pokemon!  Soon after I got it, my Magikarp unfortunately lost it's gold color, due to my negligant care, but I still loved it as though it were made of gold all the same."

  Was it not just that the gold paint washed off?  This is actually a sad story, but what's sad is his cluelessness.. and did this guy just skip pokemon battles and directly beat up and rob people?

  "After years of hard work, it evolved and became a strong Red Gyarados!  Showing it's unique properties yet again!  I will never forget that virtuous Magicarp seller, he allowed me to walk the path I'm on today.  To pursue my dream!"

   Virtuous?!?  The most notorious Magikarp salesman who travels the world to escape the wrath of his countless victims?

  "Sigh, to this day I still only have two Gyarados, I am still far from my dream.  If you can defeat this one, I will face you with my Red Gyarados, my first and strongest pokemon!

  Let me see your determination in this fight!"

  "Ah, yeah.  Of course.  Machop, go punch that Dragon."

  "Machop."

  Machop shifted his feet and moved towards the Gyarados to attack.

  "Gyarados, use Headbutt!!  Crush that rookie!"

  The two came together in an instant, but the expected collision did not happen.

  At the instant before collision, Machop planted one foot firmly to the ground, his stance becoming extremely sturdy in an instant.  His left hand as blade hit against the under portion of Gyarados' head at a slight angle and transformed into a palm on impact, borrowing the force of the earth to shift Gyarados's momentum upwards and to the side.

  The Gyarados' neck shifted to a very odd angle as the rest of it's body continued to move forward.  Machop's fist came forward to greet Gyarados' throat.

  This impact sent both flying backwards.  Machop skidded back almost a meter before doing a backflip and landing on his feet.  Gyarados simply fell back slightly and slumped onto the ground, it's face was reddened as it struggled to breathe.

  "Finish it, Machop"

  Machop rushed Gyarados again, this time it held no determinable stance best just ran recklessly.  Ubung, frantic, decided to try and keep a distance.

  "Gyarados, Tail Whip!"

  "Seismic Toss."

  Gyarados' tail lashed out, but Machop caught the tip of the tail and jerked it upward over it's head.

  "Gyarados, Bind!"

  Trying to seize the opportunity to disable Machop, but it won't work.

  "Jump, full force, use it like a whip."

  Machop crouched for an instant and leaped upwards, throwing off Gyarados' attempt to use bind and pulling over half of it's body into the air with it.  Machop made a strange movement in the air and his body, as if commanding gravity to exert it's all, crashed towards the ground at an irregular speed.

  The irregular movement's force travelled down Gyarados' body like a wave and forced it to lift up off the ground.  Gyarados, still dizzy from being unable to breathe properly, could not escape this maneuver.  It was whipped down onto the ground by it's tail, hard.

  Giovanni wore a frown, "The Gyarados is no longer able to battle.  Use your next pokemon."

  Ubung wore a stern expression as his anger festered into his stomach.

  "I thank you.  It is not often my Magikarp and Gyarados get to fight such a formidable foe.  Your Machop clearly has not grown beyond level 20, yet it's skills allow it to display a strength far beyond that.  If I can continue to face opponents like yourself, it will not be long before my dream is realized."

  "Go, Goldie!"

  The Red Gyarados (named Goldie?) appeared in a flash of red light.  One could tell this Gyarados was at least half a size larger than the previous one, and looked far stronger.

  "Hyper Beam"

  "Dodge, roll!"

  As a dim light begins to emit and grow in intensity from the small gap in Gyarados' lips, Machop rolls off to the side, circling about Gyarados, but the heavy beam quickly scorched the ground where he once stood quickly changed course and followed him.

  Gyarados' gaze cast down, a hint mockery shining in it's eyes as it looked upon the scorched body of Machop.

  A red light shot out and Machop returned to it's pokeball, and Grey stepped forward, shooting towards the Gyarados at a pace clearly far faster than his Machop.

  The Gyarados, whose body was tense from the intense strain of the Hyper Beam, could barely move.  The unassuming Trainer seemed to transform into a horrifying monster before it's eyes as it saw the Mental Energy moving in and around this 'trainer'.

   It felt the intense power of the being in front of it and stumbled backwards.  In it's eyes, it could see this was a being made of a very pure and powerful kind of energy.  According to it's senses this energy was just short of the standard of a Pokemon trainer in terms of quantity, when dormant it was just as unassuming as any other trainer's energy, but it's qualities displayed when unleashed was simply too oppressive!

  Although it knew it's level was greater than this being, thereby giving it a far larger pool of usable Mental Energy, as a Dragon type it was far more sensitive to the intensity of such energies.  It knew it was still many levels away from being able to oppose such a being.

  A trace of fear could be seen in it's eyes as it tried to escape but it's body failed it.  Grey quickly caught up with the Red Gyarados which had tried to turn back and run to it's trainer.  He directly pulled on the tail of the Gyarados, yanking it back towards him as it cried out.

  "You can do it, Goldie!  Just hold out until you recover and end it with another Hyper Beam!"

  The Gyarados named Goldie looked back at him with a pleading gaze.

  'Can you not tell I am about to be beat like a newly hatched Magikarp?  Trainer, why must you do this to me, put me back in my pokeball.  This is no better than when you tried to make me battle others using splash.  Do you think I enjoyed such beatings?'

  But Ubung's belief in his first Pokemon was unwavering, he strongly believed his life-long partner would pull through!

  Unfortunately for Goldie, this belief was completely unfounded.  Grey slowly took his time to beat down this unfortunate Gyarados, trying hard to keep it conscious, burning as much time as possible.  The once large majestic dragon-like figure now appeared pitiable in the eyes of those present.

  Suddenly, a change seemed to come over Gyarados as it's body flushed an even deeper red in rage.  It struggled with all it's strength and escaped from Grey's grasp, it's energy suddenly intensified, and beating it's body against the ground, it took to the air!

  "Goldie!  You've broken through!  You finally learned how to fly!!"

  The Gyarados roared happily and flew high into the air.

  'Hahah, that devilish Human will never reach me up here.  Watch as I rain dragon fire upon you from above.  You will regret fighting I, Goldie.'

  But when this Gyarados cast it's gaze back towards the ground, all it could see in it's vision was endless blades of psychic energy!

  "Noooo!!  Goldie!!!"

  The Gyarados was hit and ravaged by the storm of blades.  Gyarados was badly wounded and fell a long distance back to the ground.  By a twist of fate, Gyarados was still barely conscious after the collision, but if one were to judge, his HP bar would be dark red.

  Unfortunately for Gyarados, Grey was merciless.  After he saw the Gyarados was still conscious, the beating continued.  As people looked on, many felt even greater pity for this Gyarados.

  However, many on both sides remained silent, as they knew this was nothing but a show.  They were quietly waited for the Association's Master to appear.  Giovanni also did not intervene, he was a person who innately looked down on the weak, and his subordinates were but pawns.  He would put on a front of caring for his people, but he was mildly amused by this foolish subordinate of his being taught a lesson.

  As Grey was lackadaisically pummeling the Gyarados, he sensed another great power approaching from the distance, settling and dying down in intensity within the forest nearby.  He finally stopped and released the Gyarados, allowing it to fall onto the ground.

  "Noooo!  Goldie, get up!  You can still do it!  You can still win!"

  But Giovanni just shook his head and waved his hand.  "Enough, you've lost. And you.  I think you've proven you have the strength to support your claims.

  You will provide these secret methods you mentioned after we settle this matter.  In exchange, we will spare your life, and you will be given the opportunity to join the glorious Team Rocket.

  However, these people must still be wiped out for the face of our Team Rocket!"

  At this instant, a small commotion emerged from within the crowd of Rocket members.  In but a moment, Agents and Grunts seemed to fly out as though they were hit by an invisible explosion of energy.  From the midst of them emerged a small and peculiar figure, a Meowth with sunglasses walking on two legs, a cocky smirk upon it's lips as it lowered it's paw and crossed it's arms facing towards Giovanni.

  "Nyaa~ what exactly were you planning to do?  Ya' wanna kill these people?  That's Nyot~ nice."

  "Hmph, useless, annoying, unloyal cat.  You have no place here.  Without your new master, do you really think you could so much as give me pause?  I will slaughter all these people here, and taking that boy with me.  There is nothing you can do to stop me!"

  "Heheheh, me and that brat are friends now, sure.  But I have never had no master in all my life.  That kid Satoshi helped me realize I could be my own trainer, and so, I was able to reach the greatest heights for myself.

  I am, and always will be, the master of myself, and no one else!  Only my friends have the right to call me to help them, I call no one Boss any longer!"

  "Tcht, pathetic.  All of it is simply a front.  Even though you managed to break through and gain the strength of a Legendary..  you never truly went through evolution.  You never properly condensed essence, and strayed from the proper path a pokemon should train in.  You could never face up against a true Legendary grade pokemon."

  "Nyaa~  I never noticed you whined so much Bo~  O, hahahah, Giovanni.  Why don't you send out those Legendaries and that prissy Persian of yours.  I like my odds in a six against one, nyoo?"

  Giovanni's face turned dark, "Arrogant and ungrateful punk, I'll do just that to teach you a lesson.  Mewtwo, Persian, Moltres, Rhydon, NidoKing, NidoQueen, go!"

  Six lights shot out and the six True Legendary Grade pokemon appeared, floating in the sky with their oppressive energy.

  Meowth took a step and out came his claws, covered in energy shaded gold.  He slashed the air and the gold energy tore the space asunder before a steam of solid gold flowed out from the cracks in space.  He leaped and a giant gold charm formed beneath him which carried him up to meet the six legendaries above him, a storm of charms sharpened into blades formed behind him and rushed forward to clash with them.

10