Comprehension
336 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Grey was blown away several tens of meters from the very first shockwave, as Meowth clashed with the six legendary pokemon.

  He landed and was pressed down onto his back from the pressure of the energy they exuded.  Unable to get up despite his efforts, he stared up at the scene in stupefaction.

  'Is that Meowth from the Team Rocket Trio, fighting against the Boss of Team Rocket?!  What is going on here?  And how is Meowth so strong?'

  Meowth battled back and forth, six on one.  Storms and rivers of gold flowed through the sky around him, blocking the intense blasts of Psychic, Fire, and Normal energies, occasionally countering back against them.

  "Get em' Master Meowth!"

  "Yeah, fuck em' up, what are these stray Legendary Pokemon before Master Meowth?  Giovanni better get his eyes checked before starting fights like this."

  Meowth smirked a laughed, clearly enjoying the praise as he fought more vigorously.

  "Ge.. go Boss!!  You can beat that.. cat."

  "Ye.. yeah!  We believe in you Boss!!"

  Giovanni almost tripped up in giving orders to his pokemon from the lack of confidence of his subordinates.  However, because he truly had a huge advantage being six on one, this impacted morale had next to no effect on the battle.

  'Hmph, I'll discipline them to display their loyalty properly when we get back.'

  Neither side truly seemed to have an edge in this encounter.  The two sides fought in a constant back and forth, neither side able to badly injure the other.

  The battle raged on and on, though neither side could gain advantage small wounds and cuts could be seen accumulating on either side whenever they stopped long enough to be visible.

  To any other person, this was naught but a fierce battle.  The chaotic storms of energy which could rip anyone apart with a glancing blow were something to be feared despite their beauty. 

 However, for Grey, his body made of spiritual and mental energy began to react under the baptism of the intense waves of energy.  Suddenly, he felt a barrier of sorts in his mind was broken, and a new sensation flooded his mind.

  [Congratulations!]

  [You have reached the threshold required for Mental Symbol Cultivation]

  [True Self: Endless Bodies, Mental Symbol Unlocked]

  [Secondary World Node has been Unlocked, select new world at your discretion]

  Grey, who had previously been stuck in terms of his Mental energy sensing, ignored the system, staring at the thick and now perfectly visible entangled energies before him in astonishment.

  He could not make out much of what was happening in the fight, many of the attacks were simply too fast for even the average mind's eye to see.  All he could see were the storms of Mental energy and a mix of other intense energies which radiated from the aftershocks of these attacks.

  Yet, even just gazing into the chaotic leftover energy, he felt enlightened.

  This entire world was focused around Mental Energy, the laws of this world forced most all Mental Energy into a Physical state.  This actually made it comparatively harder to sense and cultivate Mental Energy in this world in comparison to the Origin World he stayed in, despite being the main energy that all cultivated here.

  As in all things, this increase in difficulty was a trade-off.  To thoroughly understand how to transform pure Mental Energy into a tangible materials would be nearly impossible elsewhere, perhaps it may take thousands of years of intensive research to discover some simple methods.

  For Grey, he could bypass the difficulties for cultivation placed on those in this World, and even comprehend these methods more easily than the locals due to his artificially boosted aptitude.

  In the eyes of modern science, there would be no method to perceive where this energy was coming from or going to.  It could only be perceived as creating something from nothing!

  Although this may not be the reality, and one knows this energy should be drawn from somewhere, exchanged by some rules.. to fully understand such an exchange would require extremely advanced methods.

  Yet, now, Grey felt he could comprehend the movements and exchanges between these Mental Energies at a glance!  The mental energy system was not just a single type of energy, it was in itself it's own system of reality, the level of it's complexity was far higher than that of the modern physics of this world or his old one.

  He felt this artificial body had a mind of it's own, through it, he could instinctually interpret these Mental Energy laws.  Just as a Human can instinctually interpret specific sights and sounds.  He could bypass the rigorous scientific route and simply 'feel' and to roughly 'comprehend' what was happening in this swirling energy.

  He stared deeply into the chaotic mix of energy.

  'The most intensive of all these energies should be the energy of Meowth, a Metal-type energy..  or more specifically, in this case, gold'.

---

  From the onset, the system designated the pokemon of this world as 'Mental Energy Spirits'.  This was consistent with what Grey observed in bringing them back to the Origin world.  It was only in the pokemon world or worlds with similar laws that a pokemon could exist just like normal living beings.

  A pokemon should be made almost entirely of Mental Energy, this property allows them to behave like 'pocket monsters' with relative ease.  The only thing in the Pokemon world which did not seem to be made up of almost pure Mental Energy was humans, which is precisely why trainers are so vital in pokemon growth.

  Traditional material worlds can be considered as derivatives of Origin Energy.  As Origin Energy is in essence the Energy one would find at or around a Universe Origin event like the Big Bang, as it becomes more and more diluted, mixing together with the appropriate other energies, it would then turn into regular materials over time.

  If a scientist from an advanced cultivation society were to look at the composition of this world: Far below the scale of their modern studies of quantum particles, they would see 99.9% of the particles and fields composing this reality could be classified into types of Mental Energy.

  Of the remaining 0.1%, it would be essentially be entirely Origin Energy, and 0.099% of it would be found in the Humans of this world.  While the remaining would be evenly distributed within all things.

  Due to this percent difference, and the world laws, the Pokemon world was extremely Human-centric.  Mental Energies usually do not come into existence on their own, they are usually formed using some Origin Energy to support them.  In this sense, Humans are truly the foundation for the Pokemon World, as without them, most all growth would stagnate.

...however, that is not to say there are no exceptions to these rules.  Some Pokemon in this world are born with abnormally high strength, and this is precisely due to these rules.  Those Pokemon born with abnormally high origin energy would find themselves acting more 'human' and also possessing far more power than their peers.  At the same time however, they would also find it more uncomfortable to act as a 'pocket monster' due to their body composition straying from their original nature as a 'Mental Energy Spirit' as well.

  Meowth was clearly one of these rare, abnormal Pokemon.

---

  As Grey stared at the flows of energy in the attacks, he noticed something strange.  

  'A spot, like a small black hole, acting as the core for each of Meowth's attacks.'

  He could clearly see that, while each of the other Legendaries indeed possessed overwhelmingly powerful mental energy, their attacks contained not a trace of the black-hole nuclei alike Meowth's.  He could deduce these black-holes should be something else besides Mental Energy, something that let his attacks be stronger, hit harder.

  [Pokemon World Mastery: 0.001% Completion]

  'Apparently that is something I need to find more about.'

  He studied the fight as closely as possible, closely observing each moment Meowth launched his attacks.

  He could tell that somehow, Meowth used his Mental Energy to create those 'Black Holes', but the movements were too fast and far too complex for him to properly comprehend.

  After studying it for a long time, he could felt he could barely understand how to form some 'false gold', a general concept of the attack [Pay Day] which Meowth could use naturally, but even then, he knew it would likely be only rudimentary and unstable.

   A clap of endless thunder came from far away, echoing through the skies.

  Giovanni looked into the distance with glint in his eye.

  'It seems he is finally here.'

  They arrived in an instant like a bolt of lighting.

  The young man with a scarred face looked across the battlefield, a blue Aura danced around him.  As he stood in the sky and looked about, a hint of anger could be seen in his eyes.  A hint of what seemed to be lighting flashed across his eyes.

  He waved his hand, his gaze turning cold, "Disappear."

  A barrage of Aura Blasts, each carrying a trace of thunder, pierced the sky and smashed into each of the enemy Legendaries.  Knocking them far into the distance.

  BOOM

  The ground shook several times from the intense impacts.

  Team Rocket members eyes shook in fear, gasps rang out on both sides.

  Each person present thought, 'Is this truly a power a Humans could possess?'

  Aunt Cassie, looking seriously from afar said this, "As expected from the Leader of our great Alliance".

  Giovanni coughed up a mouthful of blood.

  "Really now, was such an entrance necessary?  And here I was, ready to welcome you with open arms, Satoshi."

  "Such an entrance is what it takes to keep people like yourself from the opportunity of underhanded tactics.  Even a fool would realize that much after dealing with people like you constantly."

  Giovanni bent over and coughed up a bit more blood and grinned, "Indeed, you are right.  Of course, fighting against so many for so long, obviously you would grasp some sort of tactics."

  He stood up straight, still smiling widely, "Unfortunately, you are still too young.  You have fallen right into my trap, you can no longer escape no matter how fast you may be."

  SNAP

  "Witness the return of Team Rainbow Rocket."

  From being hidden in the woods, figures emerged.

Maxie

Archie

Cyrus

Ghetsis

Lysandre

Charon

N.

Colress

And... Giovanni?!

The new Giovanni, a rainbow R on his chest, snickered as he walked out of the woods.

  Lights like falling stars flashed across the sky.  Many pokemon, each with the power of a True Legendary, took their place in the skies from those lights.

  Satoshi quickly cast out his pokeballs in return, Pikachu quickly came to his side to protect him.

  "Pikachu"

  "Raikou"

  "Zeraora"

  "Mew"

  "Lugia"

  "Ho-oh"

  The Rainbow Rocket Giovanni laughed.

  "You've really grown up while I was gone Satoshi.  When last we fought you had not even reached the strength to wield a Legendary, only just beginning to tap into your Aura.  Yet now, you own more Legendaries than both me and my Parallel."

  The defeated Giovanni laughed as well.

  "Really.  He is much stronger than the Punk back on my world was.  I'm glad I traveled around to get stronger.  If the punk on my world grew this strong and caught me unaware, I might have been done for."

  Satoshi's eyes narrowed.

  "As usual, you all don't understand.  Pokemon are not things to be owned.  These are my friends, my allies, they chose to join me.  Each for their own reasons.  They fight together with me, to ensure this world will always have a place where Humans and Pokemon can coexist in peace."

  "Hahahah, so what.  Like we could ever see eye to eye.  We each have our own beliefs we fight for, and you and your Parallels will always be our greatest obstacles.  There is no way for either side to step down, there never is, which is why, we laid this trap for you."

  Satoshi's eyes swept over them, "Indeed.  You've come prepared.  I will repay you in kind.  Unfortunately, your preparations mean nothing before true power.  The power of the trust between me and my pokemon.  Mew, take care of the bystanders.  We will deal with the rabble."

10