An Electric World
406 5 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  As Satoshi called out, Mew flew down, encompassing the ground occupied by Grey, the Jenny clan people, and the civilians in an enormous purple barrier of psychic energy.

  The roaring voices of the various Syndicate leaders rang out with attack names and attacks of every type covered the sky in chaotic flows of energy.  Each of these flows focusing towards Satoshi, whose Pokemon floated in the air next to him.

  "Raikou, Pikachu, Zeraora, Hold them Off!"

  "Lugia, Ho-oh.  Combination technique, Yin-yang cyclone."

  Lugia and Ho-oh eyes gleamed and they flew about together, cycling about one another in unison.

  They cycled one another in rhythmic, minute pulses.  Emanating streams of psychic and fire energy, off of which, condensed small traces of intense energy which appeared the colors of silver and gold.  This energy lingered in the air, swirling about slowly, gaining gradually in volume and momentum.

  Giovanni's eyes turned red, he knew not what this move was, but he could tell such a move which required two legendaries to slowly gather energy would not be simple.

  "Quickly, launch all of your strongest attacks!  We cannot let this technique reach completion!"

  Each of the attacks from any Syandicate leader's pokemon, whose numbers which blotted the sky, individually held strength which could easily annihilate the group gathered below.

  Yet, for every attack which came close, intense barrages of lightning and the loud claps from the pressure of thunder would meet and nullify them.  The electric attacks moved as though they had eyes, not a single attack breaking through.

  In the area around the yin-yang cyclone, it was as though there were a perfect electical barrier, with which every attack in contact would meet a perfectly equal and opposite force.

  The Syndicate leaders continued to attack in a frenzy, but could only helplessly watch as the energy cyclne grew larger and larger.

  From lugia, emanated an extremely pure psychic energy.  It eminated emotion, a feeling of being cold and as heartless as the sea, unattached to all worldly things.  An embodiment of yin energy was held within.

  From Ho-oh, emanated an unyielding and everlasting fire.  The energy emitted a feeling of passion and a yearning for the sky.  It was akin to a legendary Pheonix, it's yang energy could allow it to be reborn from the sacred flames.

  Their tempermants reflected the ideological yin and yang, and their energies engendering would form a lesser strain of yin-yang energy.  When joined together in a combination attack, they could bring forth power far greater than they could apart.

  As the two cycled about each other a cyclone of gold flames and silver energy, each carrying a trace of true yin-yang energy, took place.  It quickly developed into an enormous cyclone of energy, the gold-silver arcs swallowed all the attacks effortlessly as though they were but a drop of water slipping into an endless sea.

  In the eye of this storm of energy stood Satoshi and his three electric pokemon.

  As the cyclone gained critical mass, small, barely visible, streams of black and chaotic energy began to flow in towards the center of the eye of the cyclone.

  In the center of the cyclone, the black and chaotic energy flowed into his hand, guided by his aura and forming into a small sphere.  Heart-trembling power was held in the small arcs of energy, like each arc were the flaring energy of an ancient and terrifying chaotic star.

  'This attack will be far weaker than it should be without the help of mew to control it..  but, you will help me a bit, won't you Pikachu?  Everyone?'

  '''Of course'''

  'It can't be helped, without mew those down below wouldn't be able to withstand the aftershocks.'

  "Alright, it's time.  Electric World, energy convergence!"

  As he yelled, electric energy began to flow from the electric pokemon trio, flowing about Satoshi's body.  The dark and chaotic energy seemed to suddenly following the back-flow of his aura, quickly occupying his entire body, unifying him together with the  haptic energy, which would then in turn reach out and unify with the lighting surrounding him.

  'Our wills as one, inception of the electric world'

  An intense electric field occupied the entire space in the eye of the cyclone.  The bodies of the Raikou and Zeraora discharging enormous amounts of energy, before turning even themselves into a mass of electrical energy, joining and becoming part of the storm themselves.

  The chaos energy fed into the storm of electricity, adding to it a trace of chaos lightning, further feeding the intensity of the storm as even more energy fed in from the cyclone of gold and silver.  As the chaos lightning collided with Pikachu, he too merged together with the chaotic lightning energy.

  As the chaos and electrical energy engendered, Satoshi's body grew, as though he were swallowing the electrical storm to engorge himself.

  His body beginning to look like that of a giant, made only of chaos and lightning.  The very embodiment of chaotic lightning.

  Outside the gold-silver cyclone, none of this could be seen.  Only the ever-increasing cyclone was visible, and not a hint of electric energy would seem to have been leaked on the outside.

  Yet, although this cyclone no longer seemed to grow as fast, the Leaders facing it could tell that the silver and gold energy had begun to condense even further.  Causing the presence of this enormous cyclone to grow even more intimidating.

  The Syndicate Leaders all sighed in admiration at this technique.

  "Even among Pokemon Masters, among the many Pokemon Worlds, this would be considered a pinnacle technique."

  "Indeed.  It is a shame, this youth could develop such a powerful technique with his pokemon.  Yet, he must have wasted all his time developing this powerful defensive technique.  Had he focused on training his attack powers, perhaps he may have stood a chance, all he can do is hold off our attacks.  Yet, the fact he can hold out against ten Pokemon Masters by himself is in itself astounding."

  "He was one born chosen by the world, his destiny will always be to oppose the will of humanity.  The will of our organizations to shape the worlds to our whims.  We cannot allow his strength to continue to grow.  He is too strong, even for a chosen one.  This Satoshi must die here, today."

  "..attack mew and the survivors down below, we cannot muster enough power to break down this defensive technique.  So, we must at least do what we can.  This is one of the longest lasting defensive techniques I've ever seen, but let us see him continue staying inside his shell while we slaughter the people he came to protect."

  The Syndicate leaders shifted the focus of their attacks, and they rained down on mew's psychic barrier.

  One could see mew in the center of the barrier, it's arms and hands outstretched.  The small unassuming pink pokemon seemed to be under extreme duress as it stood in the air, as though it were exerting all its effort in holding up the very sky above it.

  Those beneath mew similarly felt it was doing just that.  Were it not for mew, that very sky filled with with every kind of death imaginable would come crashing down on them.  Even through the protection of the barrier, they still felt an intense pressure which many could barely withstand.  If those attacks were to actually reach them, not even ashes would be left.

  Inside the silver-gold cyclone, Satoshi absorbed the last strain of electric energy.

  His eyes snapped open, a blinding shining out from them.  His enormous body now wreathed in chaos lightning, he appeared like an ancient God of lightning.

  He uttered just a few words, and from the undertones in those words rung out countless unknown meanings.

  "Electric World, Rupture."

  His enormous body disappeared.

  The yin-yang cyclone began to slow.

  'Has his defensive technique run out of time already?'

  Then, the flow of the cyclone reversed.

  It's speed countless times faster than before.  Chaos lightning which made the Pokemon Master's heart shudder rippled through the merging silver-gold energy as it all moved inwards to one point.  They converged into a single, bright, blinding light.

  Then, that light erupted outwards.

  Chaos lightning covered the skies over the Kanto Region, the Syndicate leaders looking at the pulsating energy shook in fear at that instant.

  'This is a power no man, not even a Pokemon Master, should possess.'

  Then lightning rained down from the skies on each one of them at that instant.

  The lightning was no longer chaos lightning, each bolt of lightning seemed to carry the profound power of it's own world.

  A world made purely of thunder and lightning, a world which, if completed, would be no less than their own in terms of complexity.  It was a world made purely of electrical energy, yet it contained a trace of every form of energy together with it.  An electric type energy which defied all logic in the Pokemon world, and seemed to encompass all of creation within itself.

  The Syndicate leaders and their pokemon did not even have a chance to cry out once this technique reached it's completion.  They, their pokemon, and their attacks, all were directly erased from this world without a trace by this lightning.  Much of the land in the surroundings were also directly annihilated.

  Immediately after this astounding attack, there was only an intense silence, as the people present took a moment to process what happened.

  A cheer erupted from the crowd below as they looked up at the figure of Satoshi and his pokemon as they emerged from the settling storm clouds up above.  As many women (and some men) seemed to cheer out Satoshi's name from the crowd.

...

Nearby, having escaped the notice of Mew and Satoshi, Giovanni had tunneled his way back up towards the surface.  His face and the red R on his shirt covered in dirt.

  Glancing back at the desolate landscape which he had narrowly escaped becoming a smear on, his eyes were filled with grief and anger.

  "Damn you Satoshi, damn that kid, damn this world.  I will have my revenge someday, I will ravage the other worlds and hone my skills, wash your neck and await my return, Satoshi."

...

  As Grey gazed up at this scene, he could not help but think to himself.

  'So, is this what the pinnacle of power looks like.' he imagined in wonder, trying to imagine himself reaching such heights in the future.  Finding, he could not even see himself being that strong, could not imagine how one could even train to be so strong.

  [No.  This is not the pinnacle, there is no such thing.  This is only peak-Low Ranked strength.]

  '?!?, The System?  I thought you weren't the question answering type?  And, how can something so strong still be considered Low Ranking?!'

 [Only after completing the laws for a single world would one reach Low Rank Culmination, and have a chance to ascend to become a Middle Ranked being.]

  'That.. doesn't make much sense.  If you know everything, enough to make an entire world, that is already all-powerful isn't it?  Why say all this?  Just to show off how superior the system is?'

  [The system is a tool, it would answer questions to keep subject from straying to the wrong path.  For growth, it is best not to tell too many things.  Learning through experience, necessary.  When appropriate to give answers, closely regulated.  In regards to the question, it should be obvious:  There are many ways to make coherent worlds. Understanding just one, still very weak.]

  '..personally, I think being able to create a complete world in itself is difficult enough.  Though being strong is good and all, it is not as if one should dedicate everything to strength and forget to live, if being Low-Rank is enough to protect the people on the Origin World, that would probably be enough for me.'

  [Anything that is ranked, easily replicated.  Beneath notice.  It is best not to grow attached to such beings.  With your inborn ability, must conceive growth to such a scale.  Otherwise, unworthy of investment.]

  'And if I were proven unworthy of investment, what would happen then?'

  [Nothing.  If you do not prove worthy of investment, the system will stop helping you, the world you refer to as the 'Origin World' will most definitely give you an end worse than death.]

  'Wha-?  How is that possible, I haven't even seen anything as strong as a Pokemon Master on Origin World!  That doesn't make any sense!'

  [...]

  'Hello?'

  [...]

  'Fucking System and it's stupid question-answer regulations.'

...

  In the clamor afterwards, Kirsten Jenny worked her way through the crowds.  Finally spotting Grey among the group of survivors from the Hospital, she quickly approached him.

  "Grey!!"

  Grey's unfocused eyes, still staring into the sky at that moment, seemed to snap back into reality as she grabbed onto his arm.

  He looked at her for a moment, "Kirsten?"

  She shook her head, looking extremely happy.  'He can tell me apart even with all my family here, he seems like a good catch, even if he's a bit younger.  And he even fought a Gyarados with his fists... hehe~'

  '...wasn't he a bit taller than me before though?  Why does he seem so much shorter now?'  But she shook her head, remembering the techniques he mentioned before.  'It must be related to that technique.'

  Aunt Connie appeared, seemingly from nowhere, and put a hand on his other shoulder.

  "We defeated the biggest threat that has plagued the Kanto region for decades today.  Giovanni was too impatient, if you hadn't helped to buy time, he may well have decided we were unnecessary and just eliminated us.  We owe you."

  Grey scratched his head, clasped his hands and answered, "I am nowhere near the strength of Miss yet.  It is somewhat awkward to have to put on a show of a fight in front of those stronger than you.  I hope I did not embarrass myself in front of Miss Connie."

  Aunt Connie chortled, "To even call me Miss, ah, such a good boy.  I wonder, do such techniques really exist though?  Your performance calls the question. To offer up such techniques to the likes of Team Rocket, even in exchange for the safety of others, is not okay.  If such techniques did exist, they would need to remain well protected, handed down only to those who would use them for good and justice."

  Her eyes shifted from him to Kirsten.  She let out a beautiful smile, which was not a smile.  "My beautiful niece seems to have taken a liking to you.  You are clearly a man of justice and high values, so no one in our clan would object to you.."

  "Aunt Connie!!"

  Her face grew beat red.

  Grey looked at Kristine, 'I barely met this girl, she likes me already?  She must be what, 17?  No wonder she is so impressionable..  even if my body is younger than her now, my mind is still an adult...  I couldn't take advantage of an underage girl.'

  Aunt Connie teased her niece for a moment and left soon after.

  "So, Grey~  Um, my Aunt was just joking about all that.  But, it's not like, I don't think your an interesting person.  More like, I do think your kind of interesting.  So, like, maybe, we could hang out, if your sticking around the area."

  "Um, Kristine, I'm sorry, but I can't stick around.  I have people I have to take care of, so I'll be gone really frequently, and have to travel a lot."

  "Oh, okay..  I see.."

  'Brock would probably be crying tears of blood if he saw me rejecting a Jenny like this.'

  "Then, maybe, could I have your number?  That way, we could talk over poke-gear, you know, as friends~"

  Um.. it seems a bit too harsh to turn down even that.. but, I really don't have a phone that does cross-dimensional service.

  "I'm sorry, I really don't have poke-gear, and I still really need to complete my party as soon as possible so I don't really have the time to get one.  I still need to catch a ghost-type and a Pokemon I can use as a ground mount too."

  "Oh, well..  that's great!  It is good to go all out, pursuing strength at full throttle.. how about this.  I used to travel abroad to visit my sister in the Alolan Isles, and I got this from her."

  She took a pokeball and shoved it into my hands, backing away quickly.  "It's an owner-less Rotom with a custom poke-gear shell, it's range will still work even if you go to the other side of the planet.  Consider it as thanks for saving my life from those two agents earlier."

  She stuck out her tongue a little.

  "Rotom can also be considered a ghost-type, as 'the plasma pokemon' his ghost attacks would be no worse than any other ghost-type if you train him with that as the focus, so you have no reason not to add him to your six!  I know your number, so I'll make sure to call you.  Byebye!"

  And she skipped away.

  Still mildly stunned, Grey watched her skip away.  But then, looking down at this Rotom pokeball he felt it might not be that bad.  'I've already got a mish-mash party I didn't plan for, since I got this Rotom, it won't be weak so long as I'm the one training it.'

  Putting my energy into the Rotom pokeball I got a small notification.

  [Detected pokemon with abilities outside given parameters.. suppressing electric type powers.. strengthening ghost type powers.. successful.  Modification results acceptable, binding successful]

  '..um, all is well that ends well?'

  This event took a long time, but, I also gained a lot from it.  Despite not getting the Tauros I originally came for.

  I worked my way through the crowd and into a secluded area, 'logging out'.  

11