Chapter 7 – Ghost?
65 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“GuaaK?”
“For the love of—!”
Leaving the child, Christopher, inside the restroom, Yeung bumped into two goblins patrolling in the hallway.

“Well, at least I finally get to test this blade.”

He ran up to one of the goblins before it could react and made a wide swing.

“HAH!—Ah?”
The goblin he'd targeted flinched at his assault and closed its eyes— opening them a moment later and having its face break into an annoying smirk after seeing Yeung's broken blade.

“Eh? What? What happened?” Yeung muttered in confusion.

He looked dubiously at the professionally made claymore handle in his hands, then over his shoulder at the two-edged blade left embedded in the wall.

“I knew there was a reason why it was so light!” He grimaced.

The sword was a replica. Dokk wouldn't have known but Yeung was willing to bet that he had bought it real cheap.

“GUAAAK!!!”
Yeung made an evasive maneuver— he dropped the claymore handle and swept his left arm and foot back like a graceful dancer. In front of his eyes, the goblin's weapon fell in slow motion.

Yeung smiled, “—My friend, it seems we cannot be separated from each other. Huhuhu.”

“Guaak?”

The confused goblin received a sharp punch on its chin and flew back, hitting the wall behind it. The weapon that it had swung at Yeung, a short steel crowbar, released three clangs as it fell onto the floor.

Yeung picked it up, and while feeling the familiar weapon in his grip, he brandished it towards the remaining goblin. It wasn't the original crowbar he'd used against the goblins at the bridge but it got the job done nonetheless— making goblins kiss the floor.

“It's like destiny wants us together.” He spoke to the crowbar.

“NOOOO!!! LET ME GO, PLEASE!!!”
“Ah? Right. Ticking clock.”

Yeung shook his head and ran towards the side of the building where the scream had come from and peeked out the window. Over at the courtyard, there was a trail left on the grass by a female student being dragged by a large goblin, a goblin champion presumably.

“First rule, first rule.”

Yeung calmed himself. The goblins weren't doing anything to her yet, other than painfully pulling her by her hair. He scanned the area for anything that would help— spotting a glint of sunlight reflecting on someone's lens on the roof of the cafeteria building.

He grinned and took a deep breath, “All right... let's do this.”

Yeung jumped off the second-floor window, an action someone of the age twenty-eight-years old with an unexercised body would deem incredibly stupid, and landed on the ground with a loud roar, attracting the surrounding goblins' attention.

“Over here, you ugly bastards!!!”

“GUUUHUAAAAK!!!”
The cry of the Goblin Champion sounded deeper and much louder than the regular goblins.

At its command, they started to come out of their shacks, as well as from the surrounding buildings and the first floor of the one where Yeung had come from.

“Here they come! I'm gonna go straight to the big guy, cover me!!!”
He yelled as he ran in a straight line— an action that would break rule one as it would cause him to become surrounded by the goblins emerging from the sides— but he didn't worry. There was someone else compensating for rule number one.

The bodies of the goblins around him started dropping like flies as the sound of something he'd only ever heard from the movies and first-person shooting games resounded from the cafeteria's rooftop.

A rain of bullets coming from his friend, Dokk, who had secretly followed him and somehow positioned himself on the cafeteria rooftop, hitting every mark— each bullet going through a goblin's hide.

“Wah—He wasn't lying about not missing. Having a skill must be nice.”

Yeung made it to the center of the courtyard and stared down the goblin champion.

“Where's the girl!?” He inquired, though not expecting an answer.
He looked over the goblin's huge hand, there was no one there.

“Clothes, a skirt... and undergarments? Wahh—Did you eat the girl?” Yeung was confused.

Did the goblin swallow her whole? Impossible.

“GHUUHAAAAK!!!”
He was taken aback by the goblin's sudden roar. Even with its head covered by a crude iron helmet, Yeung could tell that it was pissed. The large goblin charged at him, every stomp making slight vibrations on the ground while it wildly swung its massive weapon over his head.

—Quickly leaping aside, his body jumped an inch off the ground as the weapon was slammed on the ground. He pressed his tongue to his cheek as he eyed the goblin's weapon. It was a primeval-looking blunt broadsword made of the bones of an animal that likely didn't exist in this era, or this world.

“Taaaake thiiiis!!!”
Gripping his crowbar with both hands, he kicked off the ground while twisting his waist to deliver an iron claw to the goblin's face.

CLANG!!!
The sound of steel grating against iron rang through his ears as he blew away the goblin's helmet.

“Dammit.”
He should have known better than to aim for the armored part of the goblin, there wasn't even much to jolt inside of its head. The goblin recovered quickly and swung the bone sword— hitting his temple and sending him flying into the school wall.

Now, the wall was old. Its maintenance was the only thing left out of the school's budget every year, which added to one of the factors that led to the hole in the wall eluding discovery all these years.

Once Yeung slammed against it, his body passed right through, leaving a cloud of debris and falling bricks.

“— Y-Yeung!!! Y-you still alive!?”
Dokk shouted his question from the rooftop, to which he received no reply.

“Dammit, dammit, I t-told you it w-was dangerous!”

“—M-Mister!!!”

“Huh!?”

Dokk heard the frantic voice of a female.

“He's unconscious! And there's a lot of blood around his head!”

“D-damn it, Yeung!”At this point, Dokk reached into his military satchel and pulled out a grenade.

 Aiming for the goblin champion, he threw it down onto the courtyard and a loud explosion ensued.

“— It's d-down...” Dokk breathed out a sigh of relief.

“GUHHUAAK!!”
“GAUHHAAK!!”
“GUUAAK!!”

At the side of the cafeteria facing the wall, Dokk hurriedly slid down the retractable fire escape and ran towards the hole carved by Yeung's body.

“Damn it!!! T-There's more than just one of them —Wha!?”

He was startled. Yeung was lying down unconscious on the ground, with his bloody head leaning on something that wasn't visible and appearing as if it were floating a foot off the ground.

“—H-He's alive, mister...”
A soft voice emerging from a silhouette Dokk made out from the cloud of dust made his pupils shrink.

4