Chapter 11 – Gob
43 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Guaaak!!!”

Gob, the goblin champion— recognized the light in Yeung's eyes. The anger of a home burned down, his kin— massacred. It knew all too well.

Gob once lived its life in great fear.

From its tribe being razed down by the humans wielding weapons of sharp iron and an imposing command over the elements— It ran away by its lonesome, carrying nothing but the helmet of a human it had managed to slay in its escape. And from there, it vowed on that crude iron never to carry fear again.

Gob hid, cautiously acted, and built up its strength— desperately hunting down creatures far larger than it and fashioning weapons from their remains. It had grown strong, fought against other tribes and brought them under its banner.

...But it was all in vain. The beings that had once burned down its tribe came again, and it could hardly put up a fight against them.

When hope was all but lost, Gob made a plea to the god that governed chaos—

“Mother of all... your children- lost, perish...at hands of man. Use soul as vessel- for next life, I wish, deliver wrath...”

Gob slowly shut its eyes in anguish and awaited its inevitable demise.

...That is, until it suddenly heard a call.

[Phase one ■ Initiating ■ Lowest tier species ■ ■ % assimilation ]

A call which it agreed to readily and had brought it here— to a place where the food chain was turned upside down, where the humans became easy prey.

“—Mama! It's the boogeyman! Run!”

“GUHUAKHUHAK!!!”

They had no sharp iron.

“Help!!! Call the police!!!”

No command over the elements.

“Please, I'll give you my wallet! Just let me go!”

Only expressions of horror.

It believed that the will of chaos had established itself within its body, and took great pleasure in becoming an object of great fear in the eyes of the humans.

“—That leaves just you, Gob. Huhuhu.”

...But there was one human that appeared that seemed different...

The one currently in front of it cast off his thin but deadly weapon and challenged it to a fight with bare hands. It was idiotic.

The hand gesture he made was similar to a duel invitation made between tribesmen— Laughable, but it was still one which the goblin champion, Gob, accepted and reciprocated.

What could the human do without sharp iron or magic? It felt more intrigued than wanting to fight.

“Yaaaaaaaah!!!”

“GUAAAAKK!!!”

Gob started taking steps forward to clash with the first formidable being it had faced in this world. It carried no thought of losing. The will of chaos resided in its body now and with it— the blesing of a god.
...Although, if its thoughts ever made it to that said god, he would roll on the floor and die of laughter. Thinking that it would ever be given the privelege to shoulder a god's will— he would call it the arrogance and ignorance of an insignificant being.

*

“GUUAKK???”
The large goblin muttered in surprise. The human slid underneath its legs and ran away. Did it misjudge the opponent?

“Huahuahua! This is now mine!!!” Yeung laughed as he held onto the grip of the giant bone-sword.

“GUUHAAAAKK!!!!” The goblin champion roared.

“Huhuh. Don't be mad, brother. You're the one that dropped it in the first place. Finders keepers.”

Yeung tapped on the body of the sword twice, “Wah— Now this is a weapon. The feel is a little bit off but the weight is just right.”

He was admiring the primitive but sturdy make of the blunt weapon while ignoring the aura being emitted by the goblin's slowly building rage.

“GUAAAAAK!!!”
The goblin reached out in an attempt to reclaim its weapon. It didn't believe that the scrawny-looking Yeung would be able to even lift the heavy object.

...Well, if it was yesterday, Yeung would have barely been able to swing the thing much less fight with it, but now—

“Thirty.”

Smack!

“Ah... I counted too soon.”

A wide swing of the blunt sword sent the goblin champion flying a few meters back in disbelief. It got back up on its feet, disoriented but otherwise fine. Though it did feel a refreshingly cool breeze running along its face.

“Huh. So that's why you wear that helmet.” Yeung sniggered, “To be honest, I think you look better without the hat.”

Knocking off the goblin's helmet revealed half of its face covered in a nasty burn scar.

“Heut!!”

Yeung took the chance while Gob was faltering to go over the body of the other goblin champion, Gobby, and absorb the experience points coming off of him. He felt a slight difference in quality between the ones from the regular goblins. From this one, he felt an increase in strength comparable to absorbing the glow from at least ten other goblins.

“This should be enough...”

“GUHUAAAK!!!”

Yeung postured himself as the remaining goblin champion let out another frenzied roar and charged at him. He tossed the weight of the sword back and exerted his muscles to perform an overhead chop as soon as the monster was upon him.

The goblin champion hurriedly brought its arms up to block the strike— once again underestimating the strength of the small creature in front of it as the sound of cracking bones resulted from its poor decision.

From its arms and its forehead, the consequence of the sword coming down unhindered by a now absent helmet— judgment was brought down upon it by its own weapon, forcing it to breathe its last as its body transferred the excess force of Yeung's blow to the courtyard soil.

“Thirty. Huff...” Yeung exhaled.

In the background, he could see a couple more goblins scurrying around, but seeing as the three leaders had now become food for the night cleaners, they decided to abandon the school and flee for their lives.

Yeung walked over to the bodies of Gob and Gobb and absorbed their essences. And when he finished, he heard the sound of a bell ringing in his head, along with it the appearance of a screen of text in front of his eyes.

[Mana insufficient for the release of tier III species privileges.]

“...Wahh—?”

“Y-Yeung!!!”

The text disappeared before Yeung could process it as Dokk arrived in full battle gear. He had run back to his house to pick up more munitions and returned as fast as he could to help out Yeung.

“You-You—!” Dokk stuttered, “A-are you even human!?”

4