Chapter 16 – Majestic Ride
38 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“H-hey, Yeung, I've been wondering. H-how come your name's not in here?”

“Hmmm...? Isn't it? It shows on mine. Might be some sort of bug.”
“B-bug? T-This isn't a game, y-you know? O-Or... is it!?”

Yeung opened up the screen again, in it everyone's names and levels. At the top of the list beside some garbled letterings and symbols was his name but he didn't bother bringing it up because frankly, he found it a bit unsettling.

[Party Leader : Song Yeung (■ )

Anna Wilson (Human) – Level 7

Christopher Wilson (Human) – Level 4

Lee Dokk (Human) – Level 12]

What could ■ mean? If it were cleared up, would it become the same as Dokk's and the others? Although red blood and lineage proved that he was plenty human, if orcs and goblins now existed, logic has since flown off the window, “...Am I the last son of Krypton?” Yeung muttered.

“What was t-that?”

“Ah— Nothing... You done over there?”

“J-Just about,” Dokk pulled back his rifle from the body of an orc. The knife that was attached to the muzzle, a make-shift bayonet, dripped with red as it was reclaimed.

“Hey Anna, Chris, you can come out now. We took care of them,”

“Ah, yes... Chris, slow down!”

“Ice cream, sis! Let's see if there's any left!”

While planning to get Christopher to level five, they decided to clear out a single-floored supermarket to stock on supplies they might need. On a large shopping cart with squeaky wheels, Christopher rolled through the empty aisles enthusiastically as his older sister, Anna, ran after him with a smile on her face.

“They're pretty excited, don't you think, Dokk?”

“Y-Yeah... Heard a few t-things from Anna while y-you were knocked out back then,”

“Eh? Things? What kind of things?”

Dokk lightly sighed and spoke with a heavy tone, “Stuff like its just the two of t-them at home. N-No mom or dad or anything. T-They probably don't get m-much chances to eat let alone go g-grocery shopping,”

“Guh— W-what happened to the parents?”

“S-She didn't say.”

“Poor kids... Dokk, what are your thoughts on adopting?” Yeung asked with a whimsical tone.
Dokk wasn't surprised, he knew that Yeung had a soft spot for orphans. He replied, “Y-You'll be the mom.”
“Heuk—!”

“Big bro! We found something!” Christopher's voice echoed from the far end of the supermarket. Around the aisles filled with electronics and kitchen cookware, Yeung and Dokk approached the area filled with banners saying, “Special Promo!” in large yellow and red.

“Big Bro! Over here, isn't this cool!?” Christopher called them over to where he and Anna were bending down, inspecting one of the promotional items. Their eyes were glittered with curiosity and excitement as they examined the object in front of them. Anna belatedly noticed their arrival and quickly stood up with embarrassment.

As Yeung saw the article, he could understand Christopher's, but to think that even his sister had this much excitement for it. It was an object with an appearance of small vehicle with four wheels and a cart adjoined to its rear, an electric ride-on wagon.

“Y-You wouldn't catch m-me dead in one of t-these...” Dokk muttered, a fully grown man riding on this would look quite comical.

“Don't be such a spoil-sport, it'd be fine for either Chris or Anna to drive it around,” At Yeung's words, Anna's face grew even redder, “Though it'd be troublesome to lug around if we have to find a socket to stick it in every time it loses battery.”

“Ah, it's solar-powered so we don't have to charge it often...” Anna softly replied.

“Alright then, we can have this thing carry around our stuff. Chris, you wanna test it out?”

“—Can I!?”

Yeung approached the ride-on wagon and flicked on the power switch, “Wah—it works!”

Christopher hopped on and stepped on the forward pedal, “Big bro! Look how fast it can go—!” Unlike the sound of a fuel-powered engine, the electric wagon glided across the aisles silently which was a good thing since if it were loud, the sound might serve to attract unsavory guests.

“Chris, be careful!” Anna warned, Christopher was bumping into all sorts of things in his path.

Yeung spoke with a grin, “You can try it out if you want Anna, there's another one over there—Heuk!?”

“Ah. Sorry. I unconsciously—” Anna replied in a deadpan tone after delivering an elbow to the side of Yeung's waist.

“Are you sure that was unconscious?!” He wanted to ask— wincing while rubbing the spot he was hit, “...Anyways, let's get our supplies. Water, clothes from the bargain section, and as for food— it's a good thing that the orcs only ransacked the frozen meat,”

“R-Right, let's put all our stuff on t-the cart,” Dokk unstrapped his pack and placed it on another ride-on wagon and Yeung quickly stepped forward and followed suit, right after, they both looked expectantly at Anna.

“W-What?” She hesitantly asked, “D-Do I have to? Can't one of you drive it?”

“I can't exactly swing this around while riding on that thing, can I?” Yeung said, pointing his thumb at the bone sword strapped on top of his pack.

Anna looked toward Dokk— he raised the rifle he had in his hands and indicated the same reasoning as Yeung. Anna lightly sighed and reluctantly got on the wagon, she was intrigued at the novelty of the thing but wasn't as enthusiastic as her brother at driving it around.

…For about a quarter of an hour, they went around the supermarket gathering supplies, then restarted their journey on the road. Unbeknownst to them, as they exited the supermarket, a few pairs of sinister eyes were watching their every move from the top of another building nearby.

“Hey, look. They're coming out.”

“Weren't there orcs inside that building? Did they deal with them all?”

“No, you idiot, how is that possible. There are only two guys in their group.”

“...That stupid-looking guy is carrying a huge weapon!”
“No way. That must be some sort of prop, but look! The other guy's holdin' a gun.”

“This might be troublesome... Alright, go call the boss and let em' know. We need those supplies they got, as well as that gun...” The man leading the group wearing orange spoke. He took out a small radio device and pressed the button that would connect him to a receiver.

The small box beeped and an arrogant voice emerged from the speaker, “What do you want...?”

“Boss, we got people here. They got a gun.”

Announcement
Was a bit busy yesterday to post up a chapter, sorry. I'll see if I can pump one out tomorrow.
3