Chapter 19 – Hotel
29 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A man once asked, “Why does it seem that every Asian knows how to tie someone in bondage?”
To which another answered, “I-It's j-just— y-you know? Y-You never k-know when y-you might need it.”

Yeung tugged on the handle of the bone sword resting on his shoulder. Near the tip of it was a small hole with a rope tied firmly, leading down to the convict, No. 137, hogtied and suspended in mid-air.

“Little 137 little 137, are you sure we're going the right way?”

“Y-Yes sir, it's just ahead. That huge building over there.” No.137 spoke and uncomfortably gestured a few meters ahead.

“Huge building?”

Yeung raised his head at the tallest building in the vicinity, “Wah— When did they build that!?” he exclaimed.

A building erected about fifteen storeys high, with a three-hundred meter long rectangular symmetric design. The sunlight reflecting off of its numerous windows blinded him momentarily as he gazed with jaws opened wide.

Although a structure like this was a common sight in the big city, Yeung failed to notice it before as unconsciously, his line of sight was always kept below a certain height. Their hometown was, after all only about a decade ago small and quite rural. In the recent years, however— being next to the city, their town had undergone rapid urbanization. Now, the citizens were able to brag to other towns, earning them the ire of their competitors and the envy of many other locals.

Another certain man whose name was undisclosed, after arriving at a far-off village, complained constantly about the lack of convenience,

“Kuh—! Don't you have a supermarket here? ”

“Wah— You don't know instant ramen? How sad.”

“What do you mean they don't deliver here!?”

And such, making himself out to be an outcast during the entirety of his stay.

“—D-Don't ask m-me. I'm j-just as surprised as y-you are.” Dokk stuttered as he was equally stumped at the sight of the unfamiliar structure.

“I was away for a few months, you on the other hand— how could you not know that they built this here?”

Anna stepped forward answered Yeung on Dokk's behalf, “Ummm... This is hotel La Fresia, which they finished building last month. The mayor had it constructed from his own pocket to accommodate the influx of tourists and visiting politicians.”

“That was quick. Off his own pocket huh?” Yeung snorted. Not for one second did he believe that the mayor paid with his own coin. It wasn't that he thought that the mayor's character was questionable, rather, it was the government itself that Yeung had placed his distrust in.

“—T-They'll s-see us coming.” Dokk warned, as he untied the rope from Yeung's sword and ungently dropped the no. 137 on the ground. Right after, he slapped his mouth with duct tape and knocked him unconscious.

“There any other way to get in?” Yeung asked, crouching behind a car and pointing towards the glass front of the hotel lobby.

Anna raised her hand, “Ummm... I might have an idea.”

“Shoot.”

“There's a backdoor that's mostly used for deliveries.”

“How'd you know?”
Anna replied with a self-mocking smile, “It's my workplace. I used to work here part-time.”

“You did?”

“Ummm, anyways— I can sneak in and find out where my brother's being held.”

“Better yet, we'll go through the front and you sneak him out through there if you can. I'll buy you some time. Dokk, you wait out back to receive them.”

Dokk nodded and readied his rifle and equipment, Anna spoke worriedly, “Will you be alright, b-big bro Yeung?”

Yeung smiled, this felt like the first time he'd been properly addressed by Anna. He gave a pat on her head and answered,“I will be. No. 137 here said they've got nothing more than knives and prison-issued stun guns. So long as you guys get out safely, I can figure a way out on my own.”

Anna felt reassured and slowly began removing articles of her clothing, “Then I'll leave my clothes to you, mister Dokk.”

“A-Ah—!”

Both Yeung and Dokk hurriedly turned around abashedly.

“Mister...” Yeung softly whispered as he glanced at Dokk making a sour face, and made a small gesture of triumph.

“I'm ready.” Anna spoke from behind them, and they turned to a set of women's clothing that was floating in mid-air.

Yeung and Dokk's faces grew red while staring at the clothing, and raised their line of sight to the invisible figure carrying them.

Anna's voice trembled, “D-Don't stare...”

“R-Right. Just stay behind me while we figure out where Chris is being kept.”

“Alright.”

“D-Don't get y-your ass k-kicked too much, Yeung.”

“I can take a beating. Heck, I can take a goblin champion. What are a few escaped prisoners?”

They left their belongings in a hidden area along with the gagged convicts and made for the hotel.

Yeung made his way to the lobby entrance and peered through the transparent doors. Inside, he could make out a number of people who were looking at him with a myriad of expressions.

“Looks like there are people here other than the prisoners.”

“Are they with them?” Anna asked.
“Nope, doesn't look like it.”

“How can you tell?”

“Remember when you asked me how I could tell that the prisoner Dokk was sitting on was awake?”

“Y-Yeah?”
[Eyes of the Yurusif]

Yeung stared through the glass again, his eyes trained to people's nametags visible to only him.

“My skill can tell. I see neutrals as grey, friends as blue, and enemies as red. If they're asleep, the color's blank.”

3