1.03
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Skyfire Hawk, seeing that Lie had agreed to his proposal, nodded his head and then started to speak. "Then let us depart immediately. The faster we can smuggle her out the better it is for my group.  Lie moved to get out of bed when the elder simply  waved his hand and a small bottle appeared. It opened and Lie felt himself lose control of his body as it moved toward the bottle and dived right in.

He felt his vision grow smaller as the world around him grew larger before eventually it became pitch black. Was this the power of immortals? What level did he have to be to resist the suction of the bottle?  A wave swept over him as a voice began to speak within the bottle. 

"Don't worry, it is not a short distance between this room and my daughter's, I've already cleared away your presence with a technique.  I believe I should educate you in the events that they do follow you. There are three main parties that are contending the position of Head of the Clan. There is faction of Hawk which is my faction, we want to follow the ways of our current elder Skyfire Crane. She wants to maintain the status quo between the powers in this area without push for expansion. She prizes stability and will not tolerate when there is offense, whether it is given to us nor when given to others. Those under our banner are mainly those who want a stable future for the next generation"  Skyfire Hawk explained. 

 "The next faction is the Lark faction, Their leader is Skyfire Lark who is a thrill seeker, the she aims to bring the clan through explosive change by introducing disaster after disaster, though many will die, those who survive will be tempered and their growths and hidden constitutions awakened, the ones that flock to Lark's banner is those who are tired of sitting around and want action. In addition those who feel that they should be stronger than they are now."

"Finally, the last faction is a troublesome one, they are known as the Hive Faction, they are troublesome since their leader, Skyfire Hornet is attempting to overturn our long traditions of only birds becoming Clan Leaders.  He is preaching that anything with wings, even those without, should gain the same resources regardless of they manifested a bird spirit or not." 

Lie wanted to speak but found that he couldn't utter a word, the mysterious space that he was in seemed to have muted him. He could open his mouth and shout, but no sounds came out. 

"Please wait a moment, the bottle is known as the "Null Void Bottle" given to me by a fellow friend of mine, it takes away the five senses so that those captured within can't perceive anything, the reason you are hearing me is because I'm transmitting my thoughts into your mind directly."  

Lie could only sit still as he traveled. He started to sift through the information he had learned today. How there really were cultivators in the world, and not some light novel from the west. How he got absorbed by a bottle that took away his senses, as well as the fact that Skyfire Hawk most likely flew to be chasing after the rogue fire ball. 

Lie didn't know how long it took for the elder to travel but to Lie whose senses were gone it felt like an eternity.  Finally he felt a force as he was drawn out of the bottle.

The first thing he felt when escaping from the bottle was the taste of air, before he started to cough, and then the wave of heat hit him. 

"AHHHHHHH" he wailed pitifully, the sound akin to a girl's scream. The roaring blaze produced heat that ate away at his skin before the heat subsided as the elder created a new flame.  Next to him was a girl, her red hair hung limply as the girl watched a hare struggled within the grasp of the elder. 

"Father why?" The girl wailed the hare's struggle became desperate as its eyes started to roll. 

"This is for your own good May Fan. You need to hide away where the others cannot get to you. I cannot afford to lose you." Skyfire Hawk exclaimed, 

"But I can fight with you, I didn't train to the third stage for nothing!" She wailed. 

"You will understand in time. I will regret it if you die before I do." Hawk closed his eyes and on the rabbit multiple lines started to form and tighten.  Mysterious words and runes started to form and finally the hare dissipated into golden dust. 

The girl, whose named appeared to be May Fan, cried out in great pain before she slumped, her face pale and her eyes slowly losing light. 

Skyfire Hawk simply held his daughter one last time before he handed her over to Lie. "Take good care of her now, sorry that you had to witness this scene, her Spirit Hare gave me a good kick breaking the bottle." 

"Family is important." Lie said, the blaze around him spreading in all directions and after the last experience with fire he didn't want to stay around any longer. 

"Go, I will cover the evidence." Skyfire Hawk ordered and Lie started to move. Skyfire Hawk watched as the mortal man ran away, his daughter on his back and he looked at the scene before him.  Skyfire Hare's broken treasure sword, the golden dust of her spirit hare, and a broken talisman. 

He sighed as a voice spoke behind him. "Are you sure this is the correct move? You are only bringing the clan's troubles into the mortal world." a feminine voice spoke.

Without even turning around he responded "I am sure this is the correct course of action, otherwise how long do you think it would take for Skyfire Lark to endanger my daughter." 

"Could you at least have spared the sword, its cries of pain were pitiful." the feminine voice asked.

"I need to have the scene as realistic as possible Fairy Insanity." Skyfire Hawk ignored her cry of indignation  "You should clear out before I torch this place. I have a scene to set up." 

"If people ask, then say I have arrived, else people will think poorly." the voice of the fairy sighed and Skyfire hawk felt space bend. 

Without anyone around, he started to work, finally he gave one last look to where Lie and May Fan went. 

"I wish you the best little one." With a roar he started to glow, as a supernova of flames erupted from him and turning everything around him to ash.  

Behind him Lie looked back to a plume of smoke flying into the sky. "I promise... that I will keep her safe." 

___________________________________________________________________________________-
Author Note: I disappeared and reappeared, life finally died down so now I have time to write again. Especially since It was the thing I did inbetween breaks. Now that I don't have someone hovering over me all hours of the day I can write to my heart's content. Man so many ideas to implement now that I can write again. 

 

0