Thanks for Reading!
544 10 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you so much for reading my story! It's been a labor of love, and taken a lot of hashing out and multiple rewrites, but now it's finally done.

I've never finished a story before, so this felt incredible! And amazingly, it feels like it has a sensical plot, with decent character development and growth.

This story began after I got into reading TG fiction on Wattpad, especially the work of sabrynnabrooklyne. I love her stories, because she manages to balance realism with an interesting premise.

For me, I thought that the idea of a boy needing to dress up as a girl so he could live out his dream of swimming in a mermaid tail seemed complex and interesting. I felt it gave Danny/Cindy a character flair more interesting than the basic "a boy is interested in cross dressing."

Although I identify as male and cisgender, Cindy's interest in mermaids is inspired a lot from my own, and how I felt very self conscious in my teenage years about my interest in such a "girly" topic.

I thought about how cool it would be for Cindy to discover who she was based on these traits, and somehow, (maybe it had something to do with the wealth of knowledge I've accumulated about everything to do with mermaids) I was actually able to work the story out very quickly.

Let me know your overall thoughts on the story, I'd love to hear them!

I hope that my story made you laugh, cry, and everything in between.

Thank you!

===== PSA =====

In this story, I talked a lot about mermaiding/tail swimming. It's a relatively new water sport, and many people around the world enjoy it. To those who are interested in learning more, I recommend checking out the mer-tail seller Fin Fun, which is good for new merfolk, and heading to the site Mernetwork, if you want to learn more from people much more knowledgeable about the hobby/profession than I am.

A word though - I tried very hard to depict mermaiding correctly, that is, in a way that promotes safety. If you are thinking of getting into it, make sure that you are a good swimmer, that you understand all the safety knowledge required, and that you are swimming under supervision. If you are thinking about introducing a child to it, make sure they are old enough.

Sadly, my commitment to this made me have to scrap letting them actually swim in the ocean, because many merfolk find it dangerous.

Despite this, it can be a fun hobby, as long as you follow the right precautions. 

That's all for now, thanks for listening to my 25 chapter long Ted Talk on why mermaiding is awesome. That's right! This was subliminal propaganda all along!

*EVIL LAUGHTER*

Would you want to become a merperson?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
22