57. Physical Training
161 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexa placed them into alphabetical formation to make it easier to gradually remember names. I took this chance to say everything on my mind that I forgot to mention beforehand.

“You will be regarded as employees and will be expected to work for room and board. The slave seal will be removed after a five year period with your graduation to freedom.” I wanted to be clear and to the point, pausing to answer any questions but received none. Surprise and shock became evident across their face when I mentioned freedom.

“Working here will put all of your lives in danger. This is the last chance to leave. Whoever remains, I will take it as consent that you understand the risks.” I gave them one last out to get rid of any lingering regrets forming later on. No one broke formation.

“I want everyone to know that you won’t be treated as a slave here. The only purpose the slave seal has is as a deterrent to prevent lies and betrayal. I will never invoke it to force anyone to do something against their will.” Everyone continued staying quiet without any objections.

“Great, then let’s get to it.” I explained the game plan for today and the amount of running and exercising expected from each of them. The color of their faces turned sheet white from the horror of my spartan-like training program. It was too late to back out now!

Training was scheduled to occur every weekday right after four in the morning. It consisted of the first half everyone would do together, the calisthenics and cardio. Everyone would then follow each specialized workout routine to focus on areas of weakness. The fact that no one was exempt from the training, including me, provided a significant morale boost.

Ten minutes into the running portion, a huddling of people caused the group to halt. I made sure to hang back to watch everyone. They were free to go at their own pace since the duration was all that mattered. Of course, no walking was allowed with at least a slow jog being acceptable if nothing else.

I got closer to the mob and no one moved to the side even when I spoke up. I had to push past each person in the way as I found the source of the commotion. Selka sat in a defenseless crab walk position, backing away from the encroaching crowd.

“Back away!” I tested a shout to see if it would work.

Nobody gave a care, ignoring my existence as Selka stared at me concerned for her safety. Her magic was radiating from the sweat that drenched her tights. I knew I forgot something important. Before the thirsting crowd ravaged her body I lifted her over my shoulder and leaped over them. 

Selka exhaled a yelp as we landed more than twenty meters from the group. The crowd of people continued walking towards us for a few seconds until the magic dispelled enough to bring back reasoning to their minds.

I gently placed Selka on the ground and saw her, trying her best to hold back tears. “Are you okay?”

I was confused since Selka didn’t seem like the type of person to easily shed tears. She pressed her head into my chest while embracing me. I felt her warm tears through my shirt and returned the hug. I hoped it would calm her down so that we could discuss a solution to this issue. 

The longer I allowed her to cry the more I noticed how amazing her skin felt to the touch. Each swaying strand of her hair that brushed my face clouded my mind. My body reacted to her magic and gradually became hot.

The overwhelming desire required a ridiculous amount of willpower to deny. I broke her hold and shifted several steps back. If it wasn’t for my magic resistance any normal person would be completely under her control. The intensity compared to the first time was much greater, even while knowing ahead of time. I made a mental note not to underestimate Selka from now on.

“Selka! Are you seriously testing me again!” I was upset with her messing with me.

“I’m not.” Tears continued streaming down her face.

“Then explain.” I lowered my tone after realizing she was genuinely sad.

“Everyone...back...hurt…, helpless.” I couldn't understand her at all through the constant sobbing. I gave her extra time to pull herself together and waited to hear her answer.

She told me that she never got into a situation where she didn’t want to hurt those affected by her magic. She felt helpless being trapped by the crowd. It was a first for her, that someone could ignore the effects of her magic. 

The relief of not having to worry about anything. Normally, she always had to take precautions and avoid others at all times. This made me wonder how she made such a simple mistake of running next to the others.

“Why didn’t you come talk to one of us.” If she was so cautious then there was no excuse.

She wasn’t liked by Alexa after the misunderstanding yesterday and emphasized that I said the training was mandatory for everyone. Selka thought I was getting back at her and planned to do so by getting everyone to embarrass her in public. I rolled my eyes listening to this nonsense. I wasn’t one to hold grudges over something that minor.

“Look, I’ll have a talk with Alexa about you. No one here hates you.” I did my best to convince her.

I let her know she could act naturally around me, but to keep in mind that I was not fully immune to her magic. I genuinely believed I would be consumed if my mental state was ever unstable. Selka nodded along with my words doing her best to cheer up.

I discussed my solution about having her wear a sweatsuit during the first hour of group training and for the rest to claim a room on the fourth floor to continue indoors. There she would be separated from others and have access to a personal bathroom. Selka thanked me, satisfied with the arrangement. I had her stop for today and move her belongings to the fourth floor.

Selka was one of the few people that I didn’t get around to sparring or have a chance to create a regimen. They ended up getting a free pass even though Saturday was normally a rest day.

After a refreshing cold shower, I went together with Eris for our appointment at Pizzahunt.

Thank you, patrons: Ajesco

You may read 1 chapter ahead on my Patreon for free. It will be released to the public as soon as a new chapter drops on this site. To make it easier to find, just filter posts to "Public".

8