117. Firepower
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Other than the token I didn’t have much money on hand to make any normal transactions. Most of my leftover, liquid assets were being held onto by Lily to be distributed and the amount I had in my ring was enough to purchase maybe one or two slaves based on the prices Marcus set.

“Welcome, young master.” The female employee’s uniform barely differed from the slave's as she greeted me. “How may I help you?” She finished her bow and took a glance at my other three companions to do the same.

“Show me the best slaves you’ve got.” I thought about it beforehand and instead of waving around the slave token like a retard, it’d be best to keep it a secret until a sale had been finalized. There was a chance they would hold back their high-end slaves if they knew I wasn’t paying with real currency.

I really hoped they wouldn’t waste our time and were as straightforward as Marcus. It seemed like I gave him too little credit, since the woman gave us the grand tour, passing every stall and room to see every single slave.

“Let me make this easier for you.” I sighed almost wanting to ask for another employee to assist us. “Show me your strongest slaves, ones that have actual battle experience.” Her grand tour made me consider the kind of slave we needed at this point. I figured with them being in such close proximity of the fighting pit, they would maintain a slew of fighters for possible events. I needed someone at the same level as Eris or close to it. Having an extra pair of helping hands on our excursions, one’s that I didn’t have to babysit was the goal.

The employee halted as if I caused an error in her code or was fed up with rude customers, one of the two. “Very well, young master.” She held a good poker face and seemed to know exactly where to lead us. We made our way four levels down in the elevator to the basement floors. Our path was dimly lit, leading further into sections of large barred-off cells with each one of them made out of some kind of thick metal.

The low visibility was just enough for me to peer inside each one. Most of them were housing a variety of creatures, ones that were most likely next in line to be sent off to the fighting pit. The one that caught my eye and also where she stopped was a slave with her back against the far wall, sitting with her arms wrapped around her legs.

Everything from her feet up until her face was completely human. Instead of human ears, a pair of large and fluffy brown ears sat on top of her head. They matched the color of her thick long hair. Taking a closer look I spotted a tail that jutted from the floor in alert of our arrival.

“Allow me to introduce you to a rarity even for us.” The employee reached out to a switch, turning on the lights from within the cell. “A mixed breed beast race, part human and lionfolk.” I was able to verify the color of her hair and also get a better look at the ball of fluff at the tip of her tail.

“She’s the strongest slave available?” I had to question it even if she was part lion since her soft physique looked like she couldn’t even manage to pick up Eris. This was also the first time I saw a slave treated so poorly, covered in loose rags for clothing.

“I can attest to the damage she's caused to our staff and captors. She killed over half of the slavers before the tranquilizers kicked in.” The employee stayed a step behind us like it was the closest she was willing to get.

“Why hasn’t she sold yet?” If she was such a prized and rare slave, there had to be a reason she was rotting away down here.

“Her price is the issue.” The woman seemed to hesitate on telling me. “She will most likely be purchased by the fighting pit once the thirty-day period is up.” She explained a period of time where customers were given the chance to buy any slave before they sold them at a discounted price for events. The deadline was nearing and her fate would be forever stuck fighting in the arena like that wasp I was slated to fight.

“How much?”

“Ten ruby coins.” The woman didn’t even stutter from the ridiculous price.

“Ten, what?” I was shocked into hoping I misheard her. I could purchase Alexa three-hundred times over with that kind of money, it was utter bonkers on their part.

“Sir, it has to do with the enhanced slave seal that will be required to be used on her.” Her tone became defensive. “A normal seal won’t be permanent if it's placed on her.” I didn’t even know there were different levels of slave seals and turned to Eris for some insight. She nodded to let me know I wasn’t being scammed but still couldn’t wrap my head around the cost.

Thinking about different grades of seals brought me back to the ones placed on my body. I couldn’t help imagining the cost that went into sealing away my shadow magic. Someone had too much money on their hands that's for sure.

“I’d like to test her strength if that’s alright…” I was glad my terms of payment was the token and even wondered if they may outright reject it once they found out.

“That won’t be possible, we don’t have the personnel on hand to ensure your safety in this matter.” She immediately turned me down which made no sense. No one in their right mind would purchase a slave so expensive without a proper demonstration. It made me think that they never had any intentions of selling it to anyone other than to the fighting pit.

“That’s fine, I’m willing to risk it.” My staring seemed to work as she moved to unlock the cell. “You can lock it behind us.” I nodded for Eris to tag along as a means to help test the slave’s firepower. The other two stayed with the employee, watching her re-lock the cell once we entered.

The lion girl growled into a defensive stance, threatening with a set of sharp fangs as a means to ward off our approach. Eris erected a forcefield in front of us in case she charged at us. She would look less frightening if it wasn’t for the matted hair and ragged drapes considered as clothes. They did little to cover her rather large breasts and nothing for her lower body. Sitting down hid her bloodied yet slender legs as she topped my height, even while being hunched over into a hostile stance.

Sorry, this one was a bit late, ended up starting later than usual with my writing today. Lemme know some of your thoughts/feedback if you got some time to spare! Anything is better than none, especially if you've gotten this far lol.

1